Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashworth gone

In The South Stand

He’s not kicked on, time to let him go and run with other options. No loss.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    He’s not kicked on, time to let him go and run with other options. No loss.
    That's it in a nutshell. After an early career blighted by a couple of serious injuries, he seemed for a fairly brief (with hindsight) period to have found his niche as a fast, strong - running prop. That spell in 2018 was like we'd hit the prop jackpot, with 6 props on our books offering different variations of style: the two best in SL, an experienced stalwart, an experienced nutcase, two standout young props. It's not worked out like we thought, but we're still B2B champs.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    My lord , primary school springs to mind .

Defend him all you wish however he had his chance to shine and didn’t take the opportunity or simply wasn’t good enough . Good luck to him at At Hudde but the right decision . We can’t be carrying folk hoping that next year will be their year to perform . Look at warringtons record !
    Less of the silly 8 ur old comments please !
    Bashing players via social media or in this case this website/forum is the other posters opinion and choice. As is it mine to say I disagree. Too many people become Mike Tyson behind a screen/keyboard/mobile phone, the world would be a better place without them, your reference to a primary school aged 8 year old remark included.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

You can never tell with youngsters. Late 2014 i remember thinking Greg Richards was looking a bit more promising than Luke Thompson in a few games. Then in 2018 Ashworth had moments looking better than Lees. Some youngsters just don’t step up. Shame but it is what it is. All the best Ashworth.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Richards looked the better prospect initially. Thompson is mentally tough.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Richards looked the better prospect initially. Thompson is mentally tough.
    I remember he was touted as a start in the junior grades but was little more than a find the floor merchant in the end and had a horribly dozy way of giving penalties away or coming up with bad handling errors at inopportune times. Where is he these days?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Bashing players via social media or in this case this website/forum is the other posters opinion and choice. As is it mine to say I disagree. Too many people become Mike Tyson behind a screen/keyboard/mobile phone, the world would be a better place without them, your reference to a primary school aged 8 year old remark included.
    Too many people are snowflakes, the world would be better off without them; are you Ashworths dad or something ? He was'nt good enough, got into trouble outside the club and the clown who was claiming the club will regret 'another' player leaving deserved to be and was brought into line.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 2nd December 2020 at 15:14.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    He ain’t good enough. End of chat! Deal with it .

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I remember he was touted as a start in the junior grades but was little more than a find the floor merchant in the end and had a horribly dozy way of giving penalties away or coming up with bad handling errors at inopportune times. Where is he these days?
    London Bronco’s
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    He ain’t good enough. End of chat! Deal with it .
    Haha
    There was me hoping you would let him stay
    Last edited by Nickles Forearm; 2nd December 2020 at 19:56.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Too many people are snowflakes, the world would be better off without them; are you Ashworths dad or something ? He was'nt good enough, got into trouble outside the club and the clown who was claiming the club will regret 'another' player leaving deserved to be and was brought into line.
    Nope, not sure who stated we would regret it? I think, as stated, him leaving is the best decision for both parties.

I was just responding to ‘scrappy doo’ the keyboard warrior earlier in the post who became 6ft 6” when using his thumbs on the android.