Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was only ever going to end this way..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

There’s probably a 72 hour moratorium on performance analysis really after winning a league title in such a mad way. Enjoy the weekend, relive that crazy minute and then when it’s worn off we can discuss the pros and cons of the tactics on Monday I reckon.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Get what?
    Exactly !!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    There’s probably a 72 hour moratorium on performance analysis really after winning a league title in such a mad way. Enjoy the weekend, relive that crazy minute and then when it’s worn off we can discuss the pros and cons of the tactics on Monday I reckon.
    What a ••••er we can't go for a pint although I think my liver will disagree currently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Exactly !!!
    If you've got something to say, just say it instead of stuttering like you have tourettes.

Learning All The Songs

I think last night was very much a case of the end justifying the means. When it comes to knock out rugby, the result is all that matters

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

What a ••••er we can't go for a pint although I think my liver will disagree currently.
    I’ve got loads to say about the game mate, but I can’t bring myself to let it dilute the way we won the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    I think last night was very much a case of the end justifying the means. When it comes to knock out rugby, the result is all that matters
    Good post, agreed.

I want to be entertained all season though, not grind-grind-grind.......

Not the time for all that though.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

I haven’t got around to re-watching the game as yet but my gut reaction is that we wouldn’t have won under Holbrook. While our attack would probably have been a bit more elegant and fluent, I think that Wigan’s defence would have nullified it given their intensity last night. With Woolf’s influence, however, and the inclusion of Bentley as a starting second row, it was our defence that won the game as it was able largely to stop a Wigan side even with the added potency this season of Hastings and French at full back. I don’t think we would have been able to do that with last year’s regime.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

If you've got something to say, just say it instead of stuttering like you have tourettes.
    No thanks, I will just leave it for now as different opinions in the debate.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I agree with Gray, I need a day or two to properly digest it and re watch the game to talk about the tactics.

But that was the greatest moment watching Saints I've ever experienced last night. I have never experienced such highs and lows throughout a game. I was happy with the way we played, frustrated with some aspects, amazed at the brutality and defensive effort, fuming towards the end when we gave them possession for their try and then gave the penalty away for the Hardaker's kick, but then was absolutely elated and relieved when Welsby scored.

I think I went through every emotion possible and I never thought that would happen without me being there to watch it. It was truly unbelievable and for however long I am watching Saints, I don't think I will ever experience the high point I did when Welsby scored that try and the video referee confirmed it as a try. It was the stuff of dreams. I've had that dream in my mind for years - beating Wigan in the last minute of a Grand Final to become Champions, it has turned into a reality. It was surreal, I'm still pinching myself and Jack Welsby will be on cloud 9 now. Whatever he achieves in his career he is a St Helens hero.

It was excruciating and amazing watching that game yesterday and I am glad it's over and we're back to back Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I agree with Gray, I need a day or two to properly digest it and re watch the game to talk about the tactics.

But that was the greatest moment watching Saints I've ever experienced last night. I have never experienced such highs and lows throughout a game. I was happy with the way we played, frustrated with some aspects, amazed at the brutality and defensive effort, fuming towards the end when we gave them possession for their try and then gave the penalty away for the Hardaker's kick, but then was absolutely elated and relieved when Welsby scored.

I think I went through every emotion possible and I never thought that would happen without me being there to watch it. It was truly unbelievable and for however long I am watching Saints, I don't think I will ever experience the high point I did when Welsby scored that try and the video referee confirmed it as a try. It was the stuff of dreams. I've had that dream in my mind for years - beating Wigan in the last minute of a Grand Final to become Champions, it has turned into a reality. It was surreal, I'm still pinching myself and Jack Welsby will be on cloud 9 now. Whatever he achieves in his career he is a St Helens hero.

It was excruciating and amazing watching that game yesterday and I am glad it's over and we're back to back Champions!
    Absolutely spot on and summed up in this

https://twitter.com/SuperLeague/stat...542083584?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    I'd have let jammer take it

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Tommy..... keep up his record of scoring in every winning GF he’s played in!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    No thanks, I will just leave it for now as different opinions in the debate.
    So why gob off then? It might not be a popular view given we've just won the title but at least I back up what I say.