Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Referee favours one club over another

Starting A Programme Collection

My take on refs is they make mistakes but they are honest mistakes

some go for you , some go against you

99% of games are not won or lost on a refs call but on players missing tackles or dropping passes

Woolfe and our analysts will have studied the ref and know he manages the game and plan accordingly

The old adage stands you play the ref not the laws and players and games plans must adapt accordingly

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think you are agreeing with him. Probably missed the sarcasm in the las two words. I think the examples you give prove he is right.
    Thanks Belgian, yeah I was being sarcastic, serves me right that I was misunderstood!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Thanks Belgian, yeah I was being sarcastic, serves me right that I was misunderstood!
    But you were correct.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    When Alex was on Jon Wilkin and Flash`s podcast they were all in agreement that all teams run the same plays.
    I have heard numerous reasons for diminishing fan bases but winning was never one.
    The cleaning up and sanitising of our sport has polarized players, former players, staff involved in the game and fans. I hear both sides of the issue and fall firmly on the current head injury protocols.
    We do differ in the method of winning because in my view we have too many silvers the last 13 seasons, I will take an arm wrestle one nil drop goal win if it means the trophy stays at our ground.
    Never have I been a member of an inner city street gang, attended or been involved in dog fighting.
    However I have been around fans who think the system is out to get them
    I guess we'll have to agreee to disagree, I'd rather we won the Saints way or not at all. All the best for the GF! COYS!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    My take on refs is they make mistakes but they are honest mistakes

some go for you , some go against you

99% of games are not won or lost on a refs call but on players missing tackles or dropping passes

Woolfe and our analysts will have studied the ref and know he manages the game and plan accordingly

The old adage stands you play the ref not the laws and players and games plans must adapt accordingly
    I totally agree, why blame your own sides faults when the official’s can be used as a kop out instead. I’ve heard about official’s being abused and threatened while out and about with their families.