Jungle Out There Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Potential new Sky TV deal

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    A very honest and fair post that has merit.

The game is going through what soccer went through around 2004 in my opinion: over focus on structure, prioritisation of risk over imagination and conservative, identikit playbooks.

For example can anyone really get excited over an exit set. Is a winger just taking it in from the first two tackles and maybe a centre banging up the 3rd tackle going to convince anyone this is ‘the greatest game?’

Its dogshit in my opinion and thats ignoring platform layers, the wedge and drop offs and many other moves that are as predictable as they are boring.

We’ve a tendency to see the game through rose tinted specs at times at the same time as hammering other sports. A bad mix.
    Apart from a couple of moments of brilliance from Regan. this driving it in first 2-3 tacles is probably the most negative development I have seen in the game.

In The South Stand

Interesting news regarding the broadcasting of games outside the NRL in Australia:
    https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/i...o-fans.118566/
    It shows how forward thinking sports are embracing streaming and that accepting the old tried and tested is no longer seen as particularly fashionable.

Of course the idiots who run rugby league are probably still going to roll over like a cocker spaniel the moment SKY ask for anything. As I said before SKY offer nothing to Rugby League. A valueless media partner in just about every way.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Interesting news regarding the broadcasting of games outside the NRL in Australia:
    https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/i...o-fans.118566/
    It shows how forward thinking sports are embracing streaming and that accepting the old tried and tested is no longer seen as particularly fashionable.

Of course the idiots who run rugby league are probably still going to roll over like a cocker spaniel the moment SKY ask for anything. As I said before SKY offer nothing to Rugby League. A valueless media partner in just about every way.
    Is that the right link? The thread is discussing NSWRL streaming.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk