Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
20 million a year? We know Elstone is on 500K that will mean Rhodri will be on 200K then you have the rest of the functions, it would be reasonable to say it costs 4-5 Million per year just to administer Super League Europe. That leaves 15 Million for exclusivity and selling our soul.

I would if I was Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Hull, even Leigh! Say we will take our chances on gate money and get rid of one of the governing bodies and SKY. They are killing us by a thousand cuts at present. Without repeating myself if that Grand Final is a worthless product or worth half of RU we may has well get our coat now. I disagree with the previous poster, Amazon Prime would be interested in purchasing the bigger games and it would be to a different audience. We stuck with the BBC all through the Eddie Waring era and they treated us like surfs.
I don't think Amazon know what Rugby League is let alone be interested in buying the rights. BT is the only real alternative but that comes with a lack of exposure and possible lack of money.

It is all well and good telling Sky where to go but gate receipts alone aren't going to fund decent wages for players. Also while it is fashionable to crucify smaller clubs on here just for being small clubs there is no way that teams are going to survive on crowds of 7/8000 and less with no TV money. Without them there is no viable competition unless we go back to part time which imo would be the death knell for the game.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk