Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kendall - Grand Final Referee

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter 22 View Post
    Band of Brothers speech sums it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680NlRI3v2I

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers!

COYS !!!!
    That’s not dissimilar to pre match team talk with Ray French when I played for Cowley 😂

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Pretty good job last night to be fair. Credit where it's due.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't think it was a particular difficult game for him, after about 4 sets of play you could see the slowing down at the PTB and niggly play wasn't happening as each set of players just wanted to physically batter each other on impact.

The only decision he didn't get right was the shoulder tackle by Smithies, but I believe no one has had a yellow card in a grand final only the red one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't think it was a particular difficult game for him, after about 4 sets of play you could see the slowing down at the PTB and niggly play wasn't happening as each set of players just wanted to physically batter each other on impact.

The only decision he didn't get right was the shoulder tackle by Smithies, but I believe no one has had a yellow card in a grand final only the red one.
    What about the hit on Jammer by Leuleui?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I though about that, he hit him in the ribs without the ball but it looked as though Jammer was going to get a pass and Lulu was fooled by it.

In The South Stand

Yeah, that was a poor miss by the ref and I feared the worst. However, it didn't really pan out like that because for all their third man in tactics and gobbing off, at the end of the game many of the Piescum looked like they'd gone ten rounds with Anthony Joshua! We absolutely battered them and for 90% of the game we were a threat. Whilst their goal line defence was outstanding, our defence was outstanding all over the field. Smithies should've had a yellow but then we'd have suffered the same accusations as the Ben Flower sending off, that the ref somehow aided our win. Well not in that game last night, Pies were stuffed fair and square, hope they enjoyed winning what they deride as the"hub cap", enjoy it lads! You only won that because the SL decided to stop the league when you were top! Ha! COYS!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Yeah, that was a poor miss by the ref and I feared the worst. However, it didn't really pan out like that because for all their third man in tactics and gobbing off, at the end of the game many of the Piescum looked like they'd gone ten rounds with Anthony Joshua! We absolutely battered them and for 90% of the game we were a threat. Whilst their goal line defence was outstanding, our defence was outstanding all over the field. Smithies should've had a yellow but then we'd have suffered the same accusations as the Ben Flower sending off, that the ref somehow aided our win. Well not in that game last night, Pies were stuffed fair and square, hope they enjoyed winning what they deride as the"hub cap", enjoy it lads! You only won that because the SL decided to stop the league when you were top! Ha! COYS!
    I hoped that no one would go off through a card or injury. I wanted to win with full compliments out there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Did we get a 6 again all game?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Did we get a 6 again all game?
    Think Saints got 1
    A few select comments from Cherry & White forum
    Cheated again!
    Controversial!
    If RL had VAR then that was not a try!
    Wigan are also going to win the lot next year and Saints are on their way down!

Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

We can only improve next year and wigan are keeping Leulai and Hastings

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Think Saints got 1
    Cheated again!
    Controversial!
    Haha suck it up pie men. Hope you enjoyed the hub cap. I much prefer champions. Sorry let me correct myself, back to back champions

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

They have a null and void thread on their too. Haha.

RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Banned

Think Saints got 1
    Cheated again!
    Controversial!
    Some of them really are a bit simple.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    They have a null and void thread on their too. Haha.

TBF all the replies to the original poster are pretty scathing of this comment. Seems the poster is the resident s**t stirrer and idiot,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Some of them really are a bit simple.
    Stephen A Smith’s legendary rants about why he hates the Dallas Cowboys could apply to Wigan: classless organisation, obnoxious and disgusting fanbase and every year they ‘are back’ or ‘we’ll win the final next year.’

Think Saints got 1
    Cheated again!
    Controversial!
    Well they were delighted earlier in the week with Kendall being chosen as the ref.

No pleasing them

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

He made two bad calls in the first few minutes, for me. That was a clear penalty. Graham wasn't anywhere near the ball. The second was a minute later when Walmsley knocked on over the line but Wigan had to drop out. Apart from that, he had a fine game, although, undoubtedly, had we lost, this thread would be 25 pages long blaming him for everything.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    He made two bad calls in the first few minutes, for me. That was a clear penalty. Graham wasn't anywhere near the ball. The second was a minute later when Walmsley knocked on over the line but Wigan had to drop out. Apart from that, he had a fine game, although, undoubtedly, had we lost, this thread would be 25 pages long blaming him for everything.
    He wasn't terrible, which was a pleasant surprise. But as someone said, the scum weren't gaming the lying on as much.

He obviously missed the off the ball hit on Graham, and Smithers should have got 10, but the second penalty for a high on Fages that we leveled from was borderline.

Banned

The hit on Fages was high ! All the so called pundits saying that it was a great hit are forgetting that a few years ago you got away with first contact with the ball so it was ok , but it still made contact with his head .

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    He wasn't terrible, which was a pleasant surprise. But as someone said, the scum weren't gaming the lying on as much.

He obviously missed the off the ball hit on Graham, and Smithers should have got 10, but the second penalty for a high on Fages that we leveled from was borderline.
    Kendall wasn't going to give it though Webbo. If Fage got up to play the ball straight away the game would have carried on for me but the fact Fage made a big deal of it, involving other players meant that Kendall had to consult with the touch judge.

In The South Stand

I’ve got no problem with Kendall missing the Graham hit by Leuluai, I think given the speed and ferocity of that game, if he misses that and is “ball watching” for want of a better phrase, fine. However, why, when Graham is getting treatment, is Thaler not in his ear saying that he needs to have that looked at?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Kendall wasn't going to give it though Webbo. If Fage got up to play the ball straight away the game would have carried on for me but the fact Fage made a big deal of it, involving other players meant that Kendall had to consult with the touch judge.
    Very true, couple of weeks ago we would not have made it into an issue. We have been on the receiving end of a lot of foul play lately, if the players know they have received a direct hit they should stay down from now on, the head hunters need to be eradicated as much as possible.

Maybe that is what the new wigan badge means as it depicts a decapitated head. Wigan Headhunters. Their usual foul play contributed to their loss last night.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Very true, couple of weeks ago we would not have made it into an issue. We have been on the receiving end of a lot of foul play lately, if the players know they have received a direct hit they should stay down from now on, the head hunters need to be eradicated as much as possible.
    There’s been some huge calls about that game on Friday being the best game ever, greatest final etc etc etc.

Be that as it may, I do NOT want to watch an attritional game like that every week, devoid of any “Magic” (obviously excluding Welsby’s try at the end.....)

In the final/semi’s the result is all that matters.

Wigan would play that grind every single week throughout the season, and that’s possibly why their attendance’s have dropped season on season...... Anti-Rugby headhunting.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Great point. Not a great performance by Kendell. But fortunately, his performance did not adversely affect the outcome. But if it had, you are right to suggest he would be due some stick.