Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Kendall - Grand Final Referee

In The South Stand

Default Chris Kendall - Grand Final Referee

His seventh straight Wigan game, too, I believe.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    His seventh straight Wigan game, too, I believe.
    Even a blind person can see that someone reffing the same team 7 games in a row isnt right. But we deal with it and go hard on Friday and beat the pie eating ••••s.

Learning All The Songs

Gets rewarded for one of the most inept displays of refereeing (Leeds v Catalan) I have everton witnessed.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Sums up the RFL. Rewarding poor performance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

If we play as well as we can the ref won’t matter but it is ridiculous that he’s managed to get the big game. Lets look on the bright side. Surely he’s due a competent performance?? You would imagine.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

perhaps he's in their Covid bubble

Starting A Programme Collection

Competent he doesn’t know the meaning of the word. So everybody just accepts that a bad ref gets such a prestige game. Think it’s about time teams got true answers.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Who reffed the Grand Final last year, was that Kendall ???

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Who reffed the Grand Final last year, was that Kendall ???
    Yeah, he got the Final.

In The South Stand

There'll be dancing in the streets of Wigan tonight. Who would've thought it, seven straight Wigan matches officiated by the same man, can the image of the sport sink any lower? Why not just give 'em the trophy and be done with it.

In The South Stand

It beggars belief,they can go head hunting now and he will penalise us if we so much as fart out of tune.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Competent he doesn’t know the meaning of the word. So everybody just accepts that a bad ref gets such a prestige game. Think it’s about time teams got true answers.
    What was the question?

Learning All The Songs

We got to rise above it. We can not let the choice of the referee give us an excuse in the back of our minds.

Default Chris Kendall - Grand Final Referee

I think some of the criticisms of Kendall’s refereeing are over the top, as are suggestions of bias. The real issue from the Leeds/Catalans game for me was not that Kendall missed the incidents in the first instance but that the video ref watched the replays and did nothing. I have no fear of bias or anything conspiratorial on Friday.

I do, however, think it is dodgy that Wigan have had him as ref for seven consecutive games. As much as I’m sure the governing body would tell us that all refs apply the rules consistently, it’s only human nature that some will have a slightly different set of triggers than others - with some refs you’ll get away with a bit more lying on or a yard or two of encroachment at the play the ball, with others it’ll be something else. Seven consecutive games with the same ref gives you a tremendous amount of recent data on exactly what you can and can’t get away with with that particular ref, and this is an advantage over a team that doesn’t have this data.

Just to be clear - I don’t suggest that this is any kind of pro-Wigan conspiracy, but it is certainly poorly thought out.

Learning All The Songs

•••• poor ref performances get you the grand final.

RFL. Go and f#ck yourself

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    •••• poor ref performances get you the grand final.

RFL. Go and f#ck yourself
    How he still has a job after the Wigan Hull game is beyond me .

This is a great way to wreck what could have been a good contest

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think some of the criticisms of Kendall’s refereeing are over the top, as are suggestions of bias. The real issue from the Leeds/Catalans game for me was not that Kendall missed the incidents in the first instance but that the video ref watched the replays and did nothing. I have no fear of bias or anything conspiratorial on Friday.

I do, however, think it is dodgy that Wigan have had him as ref for seven consecutive games. As much as I’m sure the governing body would tell us that all refs apply the rules consistently, it’s only human nature that some will have a slightly different set of triggers than others - with some refs you’ll get away with a bit more lying on or a yard or two of encroachment at the play the ball, with others it’ll be something else. Seven consecutive games with the same ref gives you a tremendous amount of recent data on exactly what you can and can’t get away with with that particular ref, and this is an advantage over a team that doesn’t have this data.

Just to be clear - I don’t suggest that this is any kind of pro-Wigan conspiracy, but it is certainly poorly thought out.
    Where’s Kendall from?

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Harrogate

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    Harrogate
    Ah, okay. I was just wondering about the whole seven in a row in regards to Wigan games and wondered if they’d had referees only going to local games. Appears not.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

It still galls me that he didn’t card or even penalise McIllorum for trying to drag an injured player to his feet. There’s no way he could have missed that. And he must have seen that Dwyer was bleeding and injured. Why didn’t he ask the video ref to review what had happened? I also fear that he believes that letting the game flow is more important than player welfare. Ignoring repeated head shots could result in the Super League/RFL being sued in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    It still galls me that he didn’t card or even penalise McIllorum for trying to drag an injured player to his feet. There’s no way he could have missed that. And he must have seen that Dwyer was bleeding and injured. Why didn’t he ask the video ref to review what had happened? I also fear that he believes that letting the game flow is more important than player welfare. Ignoring repeated head shots could result in the Super League/RFL being sued in future years.
    That was Liam Moore dude

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Dear Saints

Please do not let the referee be the story on friday night.

Yours sincerely
    Learned comment from The Don

Wigan fans appear very pleased with the announcement! Says it all really

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    That was Liam Moore dude
    Was definitely Kendall mate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Was definitely Kendall mate
    If he refs headshots, slowing the PTB and offside like he did in the Derby game the other week, then we've no chance. The scum's entire gameplan is based around being dirty b*stards to injure players out of the game, slowing the PTB to stop the opposition getting on a roll against a disorganised defence, and being offside to stop the ball carrier getting to top speed before collision.

Kendall will be making puppy eyes at that dirty •••• O'Loughlin all game and blissfully ignore that every one of his tackles is round the jawline of the ball carrier.

It's such a shitshow of a sport.