Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prediction tonight

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Fair play to Welsby.
    The lad did good so credit where it is due.
    As I said I would have selected Simm as I think everyone I communicated with agreed.
    He played a great part in an all round great team effort.
    On that basis he's earned his GF jersey.
    Absolutely he had a cracker last night.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Fair play to Welsby.
    As I said I would have selected Simm as I think everyone I communicated with agreed.
    Thought he shielded Grace very well on quite a few occasions, there is not a lot of difference between Simm and Welsby in that centre position but Welsby sees better passing options when the opportunity arises. Simm has come up against some experienced opposition centres and handled things well but I agree Welsby earned the Grand Final shirt for next week.

With Dodd getting more game time we have 3 youngsters who can now put pressure on our established players, that's great for our future.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I hope the lad plays a blinder, for him and us.
    He did.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    He did.
    I posted on another thread that he overshadowed Folau last night.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Absolutely he had a cracker last night.
    He did a really good job. I thought both edges worked and defended really well together, they all seemed to be on the same page and I can’t remember either winger/centre/half-back/back rower really making a decision that went against what the others were doing.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand

Well done Saints and well done the coach for picking Welsby at centre , Who is this Folou ? guy anyway ? .

Banned

Fair play to Welsby.
    No argument from me, I said yesterday he had an opportunity to stand and up and be counted and he did just that. Taking nothing away from JW Folau was utter garbage, pretty much everytime he got the ball he got snotted by Taia, Welsby and Grace. Lovely step inside too near the end.

In The South Stand

Though LMS had a stormer, to come back fiercely from being concussed should answer his critics (but probably wont!). Courage shown by many players last night, Lomax being foremost in my opinion, taking some heavy, late and vicious shots. Well done lads, onwards and upwards! COYS!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Though LMS had a stormer, to come back fiercely from being concussed should answer his critics (but probably wont!). Courage shown by many players last night, Lomax being foremost in my opinion, taking some heavy, late and vicious shots. Well done lads, onwards and upwards! COYS!
    I thought we had seen the last of LMS when he went off, really surprised when and the way he came back on. Last night was the first time for weeks when there was no one that you could say was poor. The complete team performance.

Banned

I saw some glimpses from Welsby of a stand off last night. However that was his best game last night. We know what we need to do now. They think we are soft shites lets just show them we are the better team as well as the better club.

In The South Stand

Well done the coach for having his team spot on with the preparations and once again Saints have some very good young players around .

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    To be honest I haven't really heard anyone bagging Louie.
    Go back 5 years or so and I'll hold my hands up I thought he was distinctly average and I would have got shut.
    Bit of a late bloomer for me Louie turned into a really valuable player in the second half of his spell with us.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    No argument from me, I said yesterday he had an opportunity to stand and up and be counted and he did just that. Taking nothing away from JW Folau was utter garbage, pretty much everytime he got the ball he got snotted by Taia, Welsby and Grace. Lovely step inside too near the end.
    Glad you mentioned Taia, he played the role of the experienced pro last night, having him there gives the youngsters confidence.

Just need one more big game from him before he goes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Well done Saints and well done the coach for picking Welsby at centre , Who is this Folou ? guy anyway ? .
    No idea mate.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    No idea mate.
    Graham's done for me should not be anywere near the final 13 sooner have peyroux at prop the guy as done nothing just sentimental rubbish im sick to the back teeth of this thompson goes we get graham pathetic deluded sentiment graham would of been a great acquisition as a coach but never ever as a player same with wigoon with o'loughlin if he gets anywhere near the 17 man squad its criminal on rest of the squad

Banned

To be honest I haven't really heard anyone bagging Louie.
    Go back 5 years or so and I'll hold my hands up I thought he was distinctly average and I would have got shut.
    Bit of a late bloomer for me Louie turned into a really valuable player in the second half of his spell with us.
    He wasn't the only dud 5 years ago who miraculously came good with a change of coach.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    He wasn't the only dud 5 years ago who miraculously came good with a change of coach.
    Come on lms is a cockney fraud man nice person dont get me wrong but another one who gets away with it

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JPA1975 View Post
    Graham's done for me should not be anywere near the final 13 sooner have peyroux at prop the guy as done nothing just sentimental rubbish im sick to the back teeth of this thompson goes we get graham pathetic deluded sentiment graham would of been a great acquisition as a coach but never ever as a player same with wigoon with o'loughlin if he gets anywhere near the 17 man squad its criminal on rest of the squad
    He might not have done much on the pitch, but his presence has certainly been seen since lockdown, his leadership and vocal presence is clear to see. Prior to lockdown we where in a pretty poor place, playing bad rugby and looking lost on the pitch, since then we have been a much stronger force. Even when he was walking off on Friday he was still barking orders to the players around him, teams need leaders and he certainly is one, if you cant see that we needed someone to show leadership then i dont think you know much about the game.

I think the vast majority of people knew Graham was not going to be anywhere near the force he was a couple of years ago, but with Thompson going the way he did we needed something to rouse the team, the fans and the club, Graham has done that, hes come in, done a job and we are now one win away from becoming back to back champions, whould ypu have thought that on the 14th of March after that game at Castleford?

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    He might not have done much on the pitch, but his presence has certainly been seen since lockdown, his leadership and vocal presence is clear to see. Prior to lockdown we where in a pretty poor place, playing bad rugby and looking lost on the pitch, since then we have been a much stronger force. Even when he was walking off on Friday he was still barking orders to the players around him, teams need leaders and he certainly is one, if you cant see that we needed someone to show leadership then i dont think you know much about the game.

I think the vast majority of people knew Graham was not going to be anywhere near the force he was a couple of years ago, but with Thompson going the way he did we needed something to rouse the team, the fans and the club, Graham has done that, hes come in, done a job and we are now one win away from becoming back to back champions, whould ypu have thought that on the 14th of March after that game at Castleford?
    so we should be so happy that st.george one of the bottom sides in nrl are happy to let him go all the commentators saying hes done but we will have him absolute nonsense we are totally deluded in our game in super league amateurs

In The South Stand

so we should be so happy that st.george one of the bottom sides in nrl are happy to let him go all the commentators saying hes done but we will have him absolute nonsense we are totally deluded in our game in super league amateurs
    We urgently needed a prop,he was available and while not the player he was he does a job and commands respect,the younger players can and will of learned a lot from him.

Got A Replica Shirt

We urgently needed a prop,he was available and while not the player he was he does a job and commands respect,the younger players can and will of learned a lot from him.
    so a 35 year old bashed batterred was our saving grace well im absolute wrong in everything i say

In The South Stand

so a 35 year old bashed batterred was our saving grace well im absolute wrong in everything i say
    So given we needed a prop and very urgently what else would you of suggested ? maybe go and look under the magic tree that has available props just there for the taking ?

Learning All The Songs

I dont think anyone is deluded, except you, that he is not the force he was, it was very clear he was on his last legs. I do notice how you completely ignored my comments about his leadership and presence that we desperately needed, sometimes its the things you dont see that are important, but with no fans in we certainly grt to hear it, he is constantly talking, constantly using his experiences and knowledge to improve those around him, but once again, if you cant tell that then I dont think you know much about the game.

Learning All The Songs

So given we needed a prop and very urgently what else would you of suggested ? maybe go and look under the magic tree that has available props just there for the taking ?
    Brook, i’m think its best not to bother, hes clearly not very bright and lacks a basic understanding of what effective leadership does to teams.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Brook, i’m think its best not to bother, hes clearly not very bright and lacks a basic understanding of what effective leadership does to teams.
    agreed.