Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 21 man squad v Catalans

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Of course you don't, as yes, yet again it's Wigan's perennial official, Chris Kendall, seven games on the bounce. Our sport is rapidly becoming a farce.
    Appointed by a Saints fan whose son plays for Saints?

And the same referee who had Saints in front on the penalties received in the recent Saints v Wigan game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    What has Woolf said?
    He mentioned quite a few weeks ago about the number of headshots that didn't get punished which was probably the Wigoon game. Today he praised the officials in our Catalans game saying they gave a degree of protection to players without the game going out of control.

Woolf Quote: “I was happy with the way we handled that but I also thought the referee (Liam Moore) did a terrific job there tonight – there have been a lot of high shots and other things go on in the last few weeks of footy, but I thought the referee handled it well tonight and made a stance there and protected the players.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

And the same referee who had Saints in front on the penalties received in the recent Saints v Wigan game.
    The appointment has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with incompetence.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

I feel a bit for Kendall, in all honesty. He’s had a testing few weeks in which he’s copped loads of flak for a few different things in a couple of games. While I think he’s got some of his decisions wrong, I don’t know if another big game is the right thing for him or for the game.

If a key decision goes against us, he’s going to cop a load of abuse for some inaccurate claims of bias, given that he’s reffed Wigan’s last seven games. If he gives a big decision to us, will that lead to calls about him purposely trying to go the other way in a bid to not reward familiarity and to not be accused of bias? Quite possibly, knowing how much Rugby League fans love to throw around claims about referees being bent.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

The reasons why he should not have been given the Grand Final in my opinion are:
    1. He has been “rewarded” for his mistakes in the Catalan v Leeds game.
    2. To referee the same team seven times on the run is not healthy.
    3. He was given the Grand Final last year.

None of these reasons is to do with bias or paranoia about him favouring Wigan.

Starting A Programme Collection

I really do think it's time you thought about leaving this site, I look at the Web Warriors site particularly the General Rugby League section purely as an interested rugby league fan, recognising that fans of other clubs are biased towards their team as I am towards mine, I would not for one minute think about registering to use their site under the guise of socially interacting with their fans about rugby league in general but in reality trying to wind people up, it doesn't befit a man of your age acting like an immature intellectually challenged teenager

Banned

Time for your nap Grandad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Which just goes to prove how dirty wigan are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I feel a bit for Kendall, in all honesty. He’s had a testing few weeks in which he’s copped loads of flak for a few different things in a couple of games. While I think he’s got some of his decisions wrong, I don’t know if another big game is the right thing for him or for the game.

If a key decision goes against us, he’s going to cop a load of abuse for some inaccurate claims of bias, given that he’s reffed Wigan’s last seven games. If he gives a big decision to us, will that lead to calls about him purposely trying to go the other way in a bid to not reward familiarity and to not be accused of bias? Quite possibly, knowing how much Rugby League fans love to throw around claims about referees being bent.
    He has had a testing few weeks brought on by his own incompetence. With regard to him copping flak, do you think he takes any notice of social media? I haven't seen anything about him copping flak officially though he has deserved it.

Well maybe wigan committed more offences, so got penalised more than Saints? I know it sounds a bit far fetched

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Well maybe wigan committed more offences, so got penalised more than Saints? I know it sounds a bit far fetched
    I wouldn't even bother quoting the grass. He'll be logged on to their board as we speak telling all his mates* we've been nasty to him.

*I know that sounds a bit far fetched to.

Banned

You are right Dave he accused me of calling him the ORAL flasher. I was very upset at such minor allegations. Who remembers Don Estelle and his recording of WHISPERING GRASS? Sing up Brian Boy! Ok Purps!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wouldn't even bother quoting the grass. He'll be logged on to their board as we speak telling all his mates* we've been nasty to him.

*I know that sounds a bit far fetched to.
    To be fair I did the same....

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He has had a testing few weeks brought on by his own incompetence. With regard to him copping flak, do you think he takes any notice of social media? I haven't seen anything about him copping flak officially though he has deserved it.
    He copped a fair bit of stick after the grand final last season. Then I watched it again & we did get a lot of decisions. A fair few were wrong

But I've seen him have excellent games too

In The South Stand

He made decisions. Sometimes they’ll be right, sometimes they’ll be wrong. It doesn’t make the reaction correct whether his decisions were correct or not. Does he take notice of social media? No idea but he’s got an account on Twitter and it’s not as simple as “he shouldn’t pay any notice of it”, “man up” or other archaic crap.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The appointment has nothing to do with bias and everything to do with incompetence.
    Don't waste your breath - someone on the Wigan site just said it must be OK as SOO has been reffed by the same bloke 16 times on the bounce, which of course is exactly the same. . . . . . . if you ignore it's not the same ref reffing only one side for lots of consecutive games.

There is no bias and I genuinely don't care who refs it - but why let this situation arise? People will say he's the best ref so should get the final, I'm not arguing that, just don't have him reffing a play-off team six times on the spin then! It's so easy to avoid and just so dumb.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Don't waste your breath - someone on the Wigan site just said it must be OK as SOO has been reffed by the same bloke 16 times on the bounce, which of course is exactly the same. . . . . . . if you ignore it's not the same ref reffing only one side for lots of consecutive games.

There is no bias and I genuinely don't care who refs it - but why let this situation arise? People will say he's the best ref so should get the final, I'm not arguing that, just don't have him reffing a play-off team six times on the spin then! It's so easy to avoid and just so dumb.
    Exactly. They’ve opened themselves to criticism and thrown Kendall under the bus in the process.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Which just goes to prove how dirty wigan are.
    It does indeed because he missed an awful lot of high tackles on our players that should have been penalised.

Banned

I’m not one for thinking refs are biased, bent or corrupt.

But reffing the same team 7 games on the bounce breeds familiarity (on both sides) which isn’t healthy.

Hopefully Woolf makes a few subtle comments this week about the last match which may make Kendall more wary on Friday.

Either way, we need to concentrate on our game, keep our discipline and be patient and we should have enough to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This appointment has got a hint of the Hicks CCF appointment about it. Refs a team 7 games in a row despite having 4 or 5 other refs to pick from? Sorry but that stinks. If nothing else it raises questions

Learning All The Songs

The choice of ref will have no bearing on the outcome of the result, if it does we have done something wrong.
    There may be a few posting who perceive Gray to be an imbecile, he posted a not so thinly veiled warning a few days ago. He threatened to throw his hat at last month it if a few do not start winding their neck in, I have a feeling he may do one, the other or both if the sexually deviant references continue.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I’m not one for thinking refs are biased, bent or corrupt.

But reffing the same team 7 games on the bounce breeds familiarity (on both sides) which isn’t healthy.

Hopefully Woolf makes a few subtle comments this week about the last match which may make Kendall more wary on Friday.

Either way, we need to concentrate on our game, keep our discipline and be patient and we should have enough to win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a really big issue for me his familiarity with how the Goons play could very well mean he will show more tolerance to their foul plays. There is a danger he could ref one side, not intentionally but the RFL should have considered the risk of impartiality.

I,m not sure if this 7 game sequence has ever happened before in the History of Superleague, I wonder if we will get a valid reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    This is a really big issue for me his familiarity with how the Goons play could very well mean he will show more tolerance to their foul plays. There is a danger he could ref one side, not intentionally but the RFL should have considered the risk of impartiality.

I,m not sure if this 7 game sequence has ever happened before in the History of Superleague, I wonder if we will get a valid reason for it.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on them announcing a valid reason. But you are right on the familiarity. He is used to an 8mtr line for the 10 and Wigan know exactly how far they can go with him. We need to make an issue to the ref when the headshots start coming in. The only valid reason I can think for them giving him the game is wanting SO'L to be able to finish a long career still on the field after 80mins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    He made decisions. Sometimes they’ll be right, sometimes they’ll be wrong. It doesn’t make the reaction correct whether his decisions were correct or not. Does he take notice of social media? No idea but he’s got an account on Twitter and it’s not as simple as “he shouldn’t pay any notice of it”, “man up” or other archaic crap.
    It's not odd decisions that are the problem.

Given the core scum tactic of making sure there's 3 or 4 pie ••••s in every tackle and they slowly camber off one at a time, he hardly ever pings them for repeat sets.

He lets high tackles and late challenges by the scum go unpunished time after time.

A ref that enforces a reasonable PTB time and a strict 10m offside, and no team can live with us.

But few if any refs do this.

And the result is that the game has regressed into a defence-orientated, arm-wrestle bore-a-thon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's not odd decisions that are the problem.

Given the core scum tactic of making sure there's 3 or 4 pie ••••s in every tackle and they slowly camber off one at a time, he hardly ever pings them for repeat sets.

He lets high tackles and late challenges by the scum go unpunished time after time.

A ref that enforces a reasonable PTB time and a strict 10m offside, and no team can live with us.

But few if any refs do this.

And the result is that the game has regressed into a defence-orientated, arm-wrestle bore-a-thon.
    Can't disagree with this. It's like 2008 all over again.