Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The RFL and COVID-19

Don't forget the "furking" in the Wall Game. Someone high up was very physical whilst engaged in this scrum.
    Last edited by Jackbit; 21st November 2020 at 13:46. Reason: Typo corrected

Banned

As ever the truth is in the detail. The reflection between the relative growth/profile of RL and RU is that Union clubs below Championship (effectively the third tier and below) were granted £23m. That's a hell of a lot of money and it would be interesting to see how that money is distributed and why it was awarded. The latter point isn't one of chipiness but pure curiosity and it would also beg the question as to why, even allowing for the fact that the pool of clubs level below our SL and Championship is much smaller, didnt the RFL extend its application to this.

I'm more inclined to question Rimmer who is a professional nepotist who has achieved little beyond feathering his own nest than point the finger purely at the government. Everytime we play the victim card the real idiots fail to get their feet held to the fire when they should be being held accountable as well.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    As ever the truth is in the detail. The reflection between the relative growth/profile of RL and RU is that Union clubs below Championship (effectively the third tier and below) were granted £23m. That's a hell of a lot of money and it would be interesting to see how that money is distributed and why it was awarded. The latter point isn't one of chipiness but pure curiosity and it would also beg the question as to why, even allowing for the fact that the pool of clubs level below our SL and Championship is much smaller, didnt the RFL extend its application to this.

I'm more inclined to question Rimmer who is a professional nepotist who has achieved little beyond feathering his own nest than point the finger purely at the government. Everytime we play the victim card the real idiots fail to get their feet held to the fire when they should be being held accountable as well.
    My understanding is that each sport has put forward a request for this help, primarily in the form of loans. These are still subject to assessment, so the actual figures may be different.
    As you say, the truth is in the detail. Maybe it's simply that RU asked for more?
    We should also remember that RL have already had £16m. IIRC, some clubs were saying that they didn't want it as they were worried about paying it back.
    Maybe the extra £12M is seen as being enough?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

My hope is that Saints can open the restaurant in December and hopefully get a bit of money back that way

If not hopefully get some government funding as hospitality

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    My understanding is that each sport has put forward a request for this help, primarily in the form of loans. These are still subject to assessment, so the actual figures may be different.
    As you say, the truth is in the detail. Maybe it's simply that RU asked for more?
    We should also remember that RL have already had £16m. IIRC, some clubs were saying that they didn't want it as they were worried about paying it back.
    It would be interesting to see what has happened with the distribution of the original 16m, and where this second tranche will go.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Agreed. I think £28m over the last six months is what we asked for based on what clubs felt they'd lost but also what they could pay back, even if it's interest free. We also (hopefully) have a World Cup here next year which will allow the RFL to make a bit of cash. Of course that isn't extra money as it'll already have been factored in, but a RLWC in England will be massive to the games coffers and it's only 10-11 months away. That may have been a factor in how much we asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    It would be interesting to see what has happened with the distribution of the original 16m, and where this second tranche will go.
    I don't think Saints took any.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think Saints took any.
    Thanks.