Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Super League take over.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thanks mate. We just cannot get rid of that Wood. He smells a gravy train and he is on it. I really hope Bradford do not get back into SL.
    Nigel Wood isn't listed as an active director.

Banned

Mate he and his family are all over it. Odslum is being used as a bargaining tool. I will be shocked if they don't get it. It takes some power back to Hetrington.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Mate he and his family are all over it. Odslum is being used as a bargaining tool. I will be shocked if they don't get it. It takes some power back to Hetrington.
    Boycott the shithole.

Banned

Oh Dave i am not going there if they get back in. Not one dime to that lard arse and his crew. Odslum and its RFL input going back should be investigated externally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Oh Dave i am not going there if they get back in. Not one dime to that lard arse and his crew. Odslum and its RFL input going back should be investigated externally.
    Me either, I'll probably get a season ticket even though I probably will only go to half the games then pick and choose my away's, I can't be arsed with M62 to be honest and it's virtually impossible on the train so probably won't do many.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Nigel Wood isn't listed as an active director.
    I think after Dos cervezas mentioning Wood the seeing the name Wood as being active, I missed the christian name.

In The South Stand

London are moving to Wimbledon according to John Davidson.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Me either, I'll probably get a season ticket even though I probably will only go to half the games then pick and choose my away's, I can't be arsed with M62 to be honest and it's virtually impossible on the train so probably won't do many.
    Same.
    The bloke is an absolute oxygen thief. Can't lie straight in bed. I'd pay good money to see some one spark him out.

Banned

Same.
    The bloke is an absolute oxygen thief. Can't lie straight in bed. I'd pay good money to see some one spark him out.
    You'd lose your fist in the fat •••••••s face.

In The South Stand

Announcement on Sky Sports News 12:30

Learning All The Songs

Just announced as Leigh Centurions, makes the most sense for me, prior history of playing in Super League and not with the terrible financial history of Bradford.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Announcement on Sky Sports News 12:30
    Blimey, Leigh get the 2021 spot.

In The South Stand

Well done Leigh. I have a soft spot for Leigh but Toulouse and London would have been good expansionist options. Let’s hope Leigh win a few more games this time round.

Banned

Well done Leigh. I have a soft spot for Leigh but Toulouse and London would have been good expansionist options. Let’s hope Leigh win a few more games this time round.
    I thought Toulouse would have been a good one; not really sure on London. They still have work to do to really look a top level club but at least they are doing it properly as opposed to relying on handouts. Hopefully they continue their good work.
    Lets be honest, Wakefield look a real basket case at the moment. They play in an absolute shit-tip, their junior record is sketchy and everyone of the clubs mentioned would average a higher gate then they currently draw in IMO.

Learning All The Songs

Just what the sport needs, another team in Wigan...

Not entirely surprising though given Beaumont said they wouldn't take any share of the Sky money, plus the additional away fans. Anything for a few extra bob in the short term coffers

In The South Stand

I wanted Toulouse to come up but I do every year because I fancy a weekend over there like with Catalans being in Super League and I’d quite like to see what an all-French Super League game would bring to the competition.

Fair play to Leigh though. They have the ground, their finances appear to be okay, their playing squad is probably one of the better ones out of who applied and they got a decent average attendance last time they were in Super League. Congratulations to them.

Starting A Programme Collection

I thought Toulouse would have been a good one; not really sure on London. They still have work to do to really look a top level club but at least they are doing it properly as opposed to relying on handouts. Hopefully they continue their good work.
    Lets be honest, Wakefield look a real basket case at the moment. They play in an absolute shit-tip, their junior record is sketchy and everyone of the clubs mentioned would average a higher gate then they currently draw in IMO.
    But how many times have Leigh tried and failed. Time to move on to something new if you ask me. I'd have kept Torronto but obviously we didn't see the bid next choice would have been Toulouse.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think the worry over Toulouse is how quick the French can get a grip of covid. Having two French teams my be problematic (not to mention the B word)

I think as good as the setup is at York it's probably a bit too early in their development. Bradford would have been seen as a completely wrong decision on many counts.

I personally thought they'd go with London, but Leigh is probably a safe option

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I wanted Toulouse to come up but I do every year because I fancy a weekend over there like with Catalans being in Super League and I’d quite like to see what an all-French Super League game would bring to the competition.

Fair play to Leigh though. They have the ground, their finances appear to be okay, their playing squad is probably one of the better ones out of who applied and they got a decent average attendance last time they were in Super League. Congratulations to them.
    My view is that there's a missed opportunity to go to 13 teams and have taken the French team up as well (assuming the bid was strong enough).
    London would have been the wrong shout - that tip they play in at Ealing (IIRC) is barely Championship standard though they are slowly building a presence though again is Ealing really the best place?. I'm not sure them yo-yoing would help them at this point.

It's Leigh.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Evidently Chickentown!

Seriously though, and not meaning any disrespect to Leigh, it seems to me as a bit of a climb down from the likes of London or Toulouse...and, although I thought it a basket case, Toronto!
    I know Covid has knocked everything back in many sport, but I can't help feeling a little underwhelmed by this.

In The South Stand

Loop games for us against Catalans (at Magic), Hull FC, Castleford, Wakefield and Leigh I reckon.

Banned

Leigh are on a hiding to nothing next year. Their average defeat margin will be eye-watering.

Starting A Programme Collection

Last time round I recall them beating saints and wigin. I thi k what let them down was the ageing squad they had, they couldn't sustain their early season intensity and faded out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic View Post
    Leigh are on a hiding to nothing next year. Their average defeat margin will be eye-watering.
    As would any one of the other sides who were hoping to be promoted to SL.