Jungle Out There Banner
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 160

Thread: Interesting disciplinary this week......

  1. #51
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,414
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I personally think MM deserves a ban but the Tomkins incident is not as cut and dry as Tommys, but MM plays that way most of the time, wish some of our lads had his nasty streak as it would put the oppo in two minds.
    The suggestion by some that we are treated wrongly by the disciplinary is wide of the mark, also I think it makes us sound small that we hope x gets banned, lets play them at full strength and get dirty with it. I hope MM does play it may put a bit of fire in our lads.
    Greggo time to put the blaming of refs behind us this is small time mentality, lets play them at their limits and at full strength. If we are really as good as some make out on paper lets be that good on the turf, it is the hard done by attitude that has lost us too many Semis & Finals, time to put it up to everyone the next two games.
    Im with you on the paranoia about the disciplinary. Every clubs supporters think they are singled out for treatment.

  2. #52
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The trouble is they are showing tolerance to the serial offenders, historically its been going on for a long time, we also get the situation were the offences are dealt with correctly at the beginning of the season but the judgements are lighter towards the end of the season.

    Eyes wide shut McBanana gets on my wick as well he' doesn't see any misdemeanours at all when it comes to his team yet when his players feign injury he's up on his soap box calling out the wrong doings.
    Stiddy I do not disagree with yourself or Dux, but why would we be up in arms over an oppo players misdemeanors or a coaches reactions. Let us play that way whatever we want to call it, thugby, boring rugby, I personally do not care, lets feign injury when it suits, lets hit high and late. I dunno if the bans are lighter at this end of the season is it because some teams know they will not be competing for the prizes and go out to put it on someone they dont like or did to them early season. Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better, we are sounding like Bradford in the late nineties, I am waiting for Jimmy Lowes to start posting about Joynty`s voluntary.
    Most of all lets win it, we gave the LLS that apparently nobody wants away, we need this as much as ever.

  3. #53
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    We have been very fortunate with the disciplinary lately, Tommy had his charge downgraded and reduced to five games (Lineham got 8)
    Big Al had had a game knocked off his ban. If nothing comes of these incidents and no bans we can have no complaints, besides I would sooner beat a full strength side.
    I also thought we were lucky with Kevin Neiqama as well a few weeks ago.

  4. #54
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,486
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Stiddy I do not disagree with yourself or Dux, but why would we be up in arms over an oppo players misdemeanors or a coaches reactions. Let us play that way whatever we want to call it, thugby, boring rugby, I personally do not care, lets feign injury when it suits, lets hit high and late. I dunno if the bans are lighter at this end of the season is it because some teams know they will not be competing for the prizes and go out to put it on someone they dont like or did to them early season. Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better, we are sounding like Bradford in the late nineties, I am waiting for Jimmy Lowes to start posting about Joynty`s voluntary.
    Most of all lets win it, we gave the LLS that apparently nobody wants away, we need this as much as ever.


    Most fans on here probably don't want us playing that way. We just want others dealt with correctly when they play that way.
    Quote: (Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better). Honestly this sounds like something you would hear in church.

  5. #55
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    When so much (and at the same time so little) is known about head injuries and their consequences and there are concerns about them in more than one sport, I just think it is appalling that, in games that I’ve watched, Kendall, who I otherwise don’t mind as a referee, has apparently turned a blind eye to head shots. I don’t know whether this results from a desire to let the game flow or whether he isn’t being properly advised by the video ref and linesmen. If it's a desire to let the game floor it’s misguided. Head shots and tackles that could inflict spinal injuries shouldn’t go unpunished. There’s now too much known about them and referees need to both safeguard players and avoid bringing the game into disrepute.

    McIllorum was guilty of a stiff arm with clenched fist and, as I’ve also pointed out, tried to drag Dwyer to his feet. That offence can’t go unpunished. I don’t care about whether he plays us or not. It’s something that needs taking out of our game and only the referees and disciplinary have the power to make sure it is. It’s no good harking back to how things used to be. We know far more about the dangers now and if the game allows offenders to go unpunished, why should any parent allow their child to play?

  6. #56
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,486
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    When so much (and at the same time so little) is known about head injuries and their consequences and there are concerns about them in more than one sport, I just think it is appalling that, in games that I’ve watched, Kendall, who I otherwise don’t mind as a referee, has apparently turned a blind eye to head shots. I don’t know whether this results from a desire to let the game flow or whether he isn’t being properly advised by the video ref and linesmen. If it's a desire to let the game floor it’s misguided. Head shots and tackles that could inflict spinal injuries shouldn’t go unpunished. There’s now too much known about them and referees need to both safeguard players and avoid bringing the game into disrepute.

    McIllorum was guilty of a stiff arm with clenched fist and, as I’ve also pointed out, tried to drag Dwyer to his feet. That offence can’t go unpunished. I don’t care about whether he plays us or not. It’s something that needs taking out of our game and only the referees and disciplinary have the power to make sure it is. It’s no good harking back to how things used to be. We know far more about the dangers now and if the game allows offenders to go unpunished, why should any parent allow their child to play?
    I think the trying to drag him up was worse than the head shot. If you hit someone the way Mc Illorum hit Dwyer you know they are not milking it.

  7. #57
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,013
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think the trying to drag him up was worse than the head shot. If you hit someone the way Mc Illorum hit Dwyer you know they are not milking it.
    He's one of the worst McIlorum. An utter coward & cheap shot merchant. Supposed to be some sort of hard nut apparently. Nothing but a thug. Cannot stand him

  8. #58
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,011
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He's one of the worst McIlorum. An utter coward & cheap shot merchant. Supposed to be some sort of hard nut apparently. Nothing but a thug. Cannot stand him
    Spot on. I’ve never heard seen him stand toe to toe and scrap a big chap. He’s the king of cheap shots and blind side attacks. He’s a scumbag.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  9. #59
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Even the commentators have mentioned the inconsistent decisions this year.

    It has been so bad.. And big moments in big games too.

  10. #60
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,918
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Stiddy I do not disagree with yourself or Dux, but why would we be up in arms over an oppo players misdemeanors or a coaches reactions. Let us play that way whatever we want to call it, thugby, boring rugby, I personally do not care, lets feign injury when it suits, lets hit high and late. I dunno if the bans are lighter at this end of the season is it because some teams know they will not be competing for the prizes and go out to put it on someone they dont like or did to them early season. Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better, we are sounding like Bradford in the late nineties, I am waiting for Jimmy Lowes to start posting about Joynty`s voluntary.
    Most of all lets win it, we gave the LLS that apparently nobody wants away, we need this as much as ever.
    What I'm trying to say is lets bring it to a head and not have this continuous cycle of inconsistency from the refs with foul play, I mentioned in some threads a few days ago that any head tackle on our players they should go down like a sack of spuds.

    We and 1 or 2 clubs at the moment don't play a brand of thugby or feign injury to get an advantage, the game officials have lost control now, the disciplinary are influenced by the match commentaries, sledging allowance is erratic, some players are given more tolerance when executing foul play.

    If every club plays the same way then it will very quickly become a violent cheating sport and the game will be in disrepute and that could accelarate change. Turning the other cheek won't work that just creates a handicap to the sportsmanship teams. The NRL seem to have a better balance on dealing with this stuff, but as I mentioned earlier the RFL have good intentions at the start of the season then it just erodes into numerous events that go unpunished.

  11. #61
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rainhill
    Age
    72
    Posts
    2,101
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    McIlorum. The clenched fist did for me. That was a bad one. 4 matches for me.

  12. #62
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Jamie Peacock has quoted that MM was one of his toughest players to play against and always went hard for the bigger men.
    When Wane was on with Flash and Jon Wilkin series he named Micky Mac as his type of player and Flash added he was as tough as anyone.
    I`ll take that from them lads as confirmation he can walk the walk and is not a coward.

  13. #63
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,013
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Jamie Peacock has quoted that MM was one of his toughest players to play against and always went hard for the bigger men.
    When Wane was on with Flash and Jon Wilkin series he named Micky Mac as his type of player and Flash added he was as tough as anyone.
    I`ll take that from them lads as confirmation he can walk the walk and is not a coward.
    I think they're all wrong

    He flapped it when Mose went looking for him once at Saints.

    Nothing to him bar hitting people across the kisser

  14. #64
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Most fans on here probably don't want us playing that way. We just want others dealt with correctly when they play that way.
    Quote: (Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better). Honestly this sounds like something you would hear in church.
    Belgian a few fans on here are moaning when we lose a big game when it matters and that we are bullied in the middle of the the pitch. Dealing with others correctly sounds more like something you would hear from the pulpit in my opinion.
    Lets control what we can, not what others do, if the ref is allowing head shots to go make sure we do the same and insist on same the action, feign injury when at critical parts of the game, push the limits the same as the others do, if a ref is allowing this stop being saints, play on our terms. We have this best squad on paper that a few keep referring to, forget the paper lets have the best squad on the pitch in all aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 14th November 2020 at 23:06.

  15. #65
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think they're all wrong

    He flapped it when Mose went looking for him once at Saints.

    Nothing to him bar hitting people across the kisser
    Ralph you think Wane, JP and Flash are all wrong ?

  16. #66
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What I'm trying to say is lets bring it to a head and not have this continuous cycle of inconsistency from the refs with foul play, I mentioned in some threads a few days ago that any head tackle on our players they should go down like a sack of spuds.

    We and 1 or 2 clubs at the moment don't play a brand of thugby or feign injury to get an advantage, the game officials have lost control now, the disciplinary are influenced by the match commentaries, sledging allowance is erratic, some players are given more tolerance when executing foul play.

    If every club plays the same way then it will very quickly become a violent cheating sport and the game will be in disrepute and that could accelarate change. Turning the other cheek won't work that just creates a handicap to the sportsmanship teams. The NRL seem to have a better balance on dealing with this stuff, but as I mentioned earlier the RFL have good intentions at the start of the season then it just erodes into numerous events that go unpunished.
    Stiddy I accept all the points made very well.
    My point is play each game to how the ref officiates, stop expecting the consistency, if precedence is set in the first couple of sets and head shots are unpunished then insist in a calm manner that we take matters into our own hands and the same tolerance will be shown our way.

  17. #67
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,075
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    When so much (and at the same time so little) is known about head injuries and their consequences and there are concerns about them in more than one sport, I just think it is appalling that, in games that I’ve watched, Kendall, who I otherwise don’t mind as a referee, has apparently turned a blind eye to head shots. I don’t know whether this results from a desire to let the game flow or whether he isn’t being properly advised by the video ref and linesmen. If it's a desire to let the game floor it’s misguided. Head shots and tackles that could inflict spinal injuries shouldn’t go unpunished. There’s now too much known about them and referees need to both safeguard players and avoid bringing the game into disrepute.

    McIllorum was guilty of a stiff arm with clenched fist and, as I’ve also pointed out, tried to drag Dwyer to his feet. That offence can’t go unpunished. I don’t care about whether he plays us or not. It’s something that needs taking out of our game and only the referees and disciplinary have the power to make sure it is. It’s no good harking back to how things used to be. We know far more about the dangers now and if the game allows offenders to go unpunished, why should any parent allow their child to play?
    Suttoner all the points raised are valid but it is a physical contact sport. There has been suggestions that below waist tackling only and one on one tackles. I raised this on another post a few months ago and Gray also posted that his friend would not encourage his children to play American Football due to concussion issues. It will be another nail in our sports coffin if we dilute the contact anymore.

  18. #68
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Suttoner all the points raised are valid but it is a physical contact sport. There has been suggestions that below waist tackling only and one on one tackles. I raised this on another post a few months ago and Gray also posted that his friend would not encourage his children to play American Football due to concussion issues. It will be another nail in our sports coffin if we dilute the contact anymore.
    Head shots and spear tackles are already illegal and Im merely arguing for the referees and disciplinary to act when they or their assistants or the video ref see this type of dangerous play. A penalty early on could stop teams using high shots as an intimidating tactic and I dont think it dilutes legal contact.

    When I was a teenager, in the 1960s, everyone knew that a stiff arm tackle, like the one executed by McIllorum, was a serious offence. Limiting types of contact is nothing new.

    I must admit, however, that I thought it was funny when McIllorum went in hard against Grace a few years ago and was the one that came away bleeding.

  19. #69
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,918
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Jamie Peacock has quoted that MM was one of his toughest players to play against and always went hard for the bigger men.
    When Wane was on with Flash and Jon Wilkin series he named Micky Mac as his type of player and Flash added he was as tough as anyone.
    I`ll take that from them lads as confirmation he can walk the walk and is not a coward.
    Surprised by that from Peacock, the only time I've seen him take on a bigger man is when they have there back turned, I know he throws quire a few punches after a PTB but he backs off when he sees a couple of forwards coming in.

    A couple of fans might remember the Wellens incident at the DW, Wellens had a bad upper leg injury but carried on playing. Their was a tackle and Paddy Wack stood hard on that leg and made it look like an accident but Wellens and all the saints fans knew what was going on but the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

    I should imagine the toughest quote is probably when he gets a tackle right or he runs up to the line but in reality he will always shows 2 or 3 incidents of Thugby in a game, maybe a tougher opponent accepts that and gives them license to give one back, an opposition fan might not see that part of the players mindset.

  20. #70
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    1,798
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Most fans on here probably don't want us playing that way. We just want others dealt with correctly when they play that way.
    Quote: (Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better). Honestly this sounds like something you would hear in church.
    Spot on Belgian. For some odd reason some folk think we're a bunch of patsies for wanting the rules of the game actually adhered to!

  21. #71
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,441
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Spot on. I’ve never heard seen him stand toe to toe and scrap a big chap. He’s the king of cheap shots and blind side attacks. He’s a scumbag.
    Watch the game v Leeds at the Etihad (Magic Weekend) with him and Jamie Peacock having a real go at each other. I've never seen him back down.

    As for Fridays incident, just let the disciplinary deal with it.

  22. #72
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Let's talk about Friday on here shall we, and all the youth you love. The two slugs on Friday both a product of Wigan thugby, not forgetting the rat at the back, from abusing bar maids to finger pie what a pair. Then let's move onto Hock and Newton and that brand of thugby they had inbred into them. You are a production line of scum and the new inbreeds are coming through to excite you in your twilight years.

  23. #73
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Watch the game v Leeds at the Etihad (Magic Weekend) with him and Jamie Peacock having a real go at each other. I've never seen him back down.

    As for Fridays incident, just let the disciplinary deal with it.
    My concern is that the ref and video ref should have dealt with it on the night. It was a clear penalty and justified a sending off. None of us can know what that would have meant in terms of the game but If I were a Leeds fan Id be fuming. He deserves a ban but thats not going to help Leeds now. A disciplinary decision comes too late for them.

    You will appreciate that as a Saints fan I have no great desire for Leeds to progress in the competition but I would like to see referees doing whats right on the night. There is no excuse for their getting it wrong. Blood was pouring from Dwyers mouth/nose and the video replays were conclusive.

  24. #74
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    10,011
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Watch the game v Leeds at the Etihad (Magic Weekend) with him and Jamie Peacock having a real go at each other. I've never seen him back down.

    As for Fridays incident, just let the disciplinary deal with it.
    You’ve missed my point. He only puts cheap shots on easy targets. Would he have done what he did to Dwyer on Murdoch-Masilla for example? Not a chance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  25. #75
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,345
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Hes a yard dog in a long line of them, end of story

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •