Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Interesting disciplinary this week......

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    I personally think MM deserves a ban but the Tomkins incident is not as cut and dry as Tommys, but MM plays that way most of the time, wish some of our lads had his nasty streak as it would put the oppo in two minds.
    The suggestion by some that we are treated wrongly by the disciplinary is wide of the mark, also I think it makes us sound small that we hope x gets banned, lets play them at full strength and get dirty with it. I hope MM does play it may put a bit of fire in our lads.
    Greggo time to put the blaming of refs behind us this is small time mentality, lets play them at their limits and at full strength. If we are really as good as some make out on paper lets be that good on the turf, it is the hard done by attitude that has lost us too many Semis & Finals, time to put it up to everyone the next two games.
    I’m with you on the paranoia about the disciplinary. Every club’s supporters think they are singled out for treatment.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The trouble is they are showing tolerance to the serial offenders, historically its been going on for a long time, we also get the situation were the offences are dealt with correctly at the beginning of the season but the judgements are lighter towards the end of the season.

Eyes wide shut McBanana gets on my wick as well he' doesn't see any misdemeanours at all when it comes to his team yet when his players feign injury he's up on his soap box calling out the wrong doings.
    Stiddy I do not disagree with yourself or Dux, but why would we be up in arms over an oppo players misdemeanors or a coaches reactions. Let us play that way whatever we want to call it, thugby, boring rugby, I personally do not care, lets feign injury when it suits, lets hit high and late. I dunno if the bans are lighter at this end of the season is it because some teams know they will not be competing for the prizes and go out to put it on someone they dont like or did to them early season. Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better, we are sounding like Bradford in the late nineties, I am waiting for Jimmy Lowes to start posting about Joynty`s voluntary.
    Most of all lets win it, we gave the LLS that apparently nobody wants away, we need this as much as ever.

Learning All The Songs

We have been very fortunate with the disciplinary lately, Tommy had his charge downgraded and reduced to five games (Lineham got 8)
    Big Al had had a game knocked off his ban. If nothing comes of these incidents and no bans we can have no complaints, besides I would sooner beat a full strength side.
    I also thought we were lucky with Kevin Neiqama as well a few weeks ago.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Stiddy I do not disagree with yourself or Dux, but why would we be up in arms over an oppo players misdemeanors or a coaches reactions. Let us play that way whatever we want to call it, thugby, boring rugby, I personally do not care, lets feign injury when it suits, lets hit high and late. I dunno if the bans are lighter at this end of the season is it because some teams know they will not be competing for the prizes and go out to put it on someone they dont like or did to them early season. Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better, we are sounding like Bradford in the late nineties, I am waiting for Jimmy Lowes to start posting about Joynty`s voluntary.
    Most of all lets win it, we gave the LLS that apparently nobody wants away, we need this as much as ever.

Most fans on here probably don't want us playing that way. We just want others dealt with correctly when they play that way.
    Quote: (Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better). Honestly this sounds like something you would hear in church.

In The South Stand

When so much (and at the same time so little) is known about head injuries and their consequences and there are concerns about them in more than one sport, I just think it is appalling that, in games that I’ve watched, Kendall, who I otherwise don’t mind as a referee, has apparently turned a blind eye to head shots. I don’t know whether this results from a desire to let the game flow or whether he isn’t being properly advised by the video ref and linesmen. If it's a desire to let the game floor it’s misguided. Head shots and tackles that could inflict spinal injuries shouldn’t go unpunished. There’s now too much known about them and referees need to both safeguard players and avoid bringing the game into disrepute.

McIllorum was guilty of a stiff arm with clenched fist and, as I’ve also pointed out, tried to drag Dwyer to his feet. That offence can’t go unpunished. I don’t care about whether he plays us or not. It’s something that needs taking out of our game and only the referees and disciplinary have the power to make sure it is. It’s no good harking back to how things used to be. We know far more about the dangers now and if the game allows offenders to go unpunished, why should any parent allow their child to play?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    When so much (and at the same time so little) is known about head injuries and their consequences and there are concerns about them in more than one sport, I just think it is appalling that, in games that I’ve watched, Kendall, who I otherwise don’t mind as a referee, has apparently turned a blind eye to head shots. I don’t know whether this results from a desire to let the game flow or whether he isn’t being properly advised by the video ref and linesmen. If it's a desire to let the game floor it’s misguided. Head shots and tackles that could inflict spinal injuries shouldn’t go unpunished. There’s now too much known about them and referees need to both safeguard players and avoid bringing the game into disrepute.

McIllorum was guilty of a stiff arm with clenched fist and, as I’ve also pointed out, tried to drag Dwyer to his feet. That offence can’t go unpunished. I don’t care about whether he plays us or not. It’s something that needs taking out of our game and only the referees and disciplinary have the power to make sure it is. It’s no good harking back to how things used to be. We know far more about the dangers now and if the game allows offenders to go unpunished, why should any parent allow their child to play?
    I think the trying to drag him up was worse than the head shot. If you hit someone the way Mc Illorum hit Dwyer you know they are not milking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think the trying to drag him up was worse than the head shot. If you hit someone the way Mc Illorum hit Dwyer you know they are not milking it.
    He's one of the worst McIlorum. An utter coward & cheap shot merchant. Supposed to be some sort of hard nut apparently. Nothing but a thug. Cannot stand him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    He's one of the worst McIlorum. An utter coward & cheap shot merchant. Supposed to be some sort of hard nut apparently. Nothing but a thug. Cannot stand him
    Spot on. I’ve never heard seen him stand toe to toe and scrap a big chap. He’s the king of cheap shots and blind side attacks. He’s a scumbag.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Even the commentators have mentioned the inconsistent decisions this year.

It has been so bad.. And big moments in big games too.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

What I'm trying to say is lets bring it to a head and not have this continuous cycle of inconsistency from the refs with foul play, I mentioned in some threads a few days ago that any head tackle on our players they should go down like a sack of spuds.

We and 1 or 2 clubs at the moment don't play a brand of thugby or feign injury to get an advantage, the game officials have lost control now, the disciplinary are influenced by the match commentaries, sledging allowance is erratic, some players are given more tolerance when executing foul play.

If every club plays the same way then it will very quickly become a violent cheating sport and the game will be in disrepute and that could accelarate change. Turning the other cheek won't work that just creates a handicap to the sportsmanship teams. The NRL seem to have a better balance on dealing with this stuff, but as I mentioned earlier the RFL have good intentions at the start of the season then it just erodes into numerous events that go unpunished.

Learning All The Songs

McIlorum. The clenched fist did for me. That was a bad one. 4 matches for me.

Learning All The Songs

Jamie Peacock has quoted that MM was one of his toughest players to play against and always went hard for the bigger men.
    When Wane was on with Flash and Jon Wilkin series he named Micky Mac as his type of player and Flash added he was as tough as anyone.
    I`ll take that from them lads as confirmation he can walk the walk and is not a coward.

Jamie Peacock has quoted that MM was one of his toughest players to play against and always went hard for the bigger men.
    When Wane was on with Flash and Jon Wilkin series he named Micky Mac as his type of player and Flash added he was as tough as anyone.
    I`ll take that from them lads as confirmation he can walk the walk and is not a coward.
    I think they're all wrong

He flapped it when Mose went looking for him once at Saints.

Nothing to him bar hitting people across the kisser

Learning All The Songs

Most fans on here probably don't want us playing that way. We just want others dealt with correctly when they play that way.
    Quote: (Lets stop getting involved in others and concentrate on us being better). Honestly this sounds like something you would hear in church.
    Belgian a few fans on here are moaning when we lose a big game when it matters and that we are bullied in the middle of the the pitch. Dealing with others correctly sounds more like something you would hear from the pulpit in my opinion.
    Lets control what we can, not what others do, if the ref is allowing head shots to go make sure we do the same and insist on same the action, feign injury when at critical parts of the game, push the limits the same as the others do, if a ref is allowing this stop being saints, play on our terms. We have this best squad on paper that a few keep referring to, forget the paper lets have the best squad on the pitch in all aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 14th November 2020 at 23:06.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think they're all wrong

He flapped it when Mose went looking for him once at Saints.

Nothing to him bar hitting people across the kisser
    Ralph you think Wane, JP and Flash are all wrong ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What I'm trying to say is lets bring it to a head and not have this continuous cycle of inconsistency from the refs with foul play, I mentioned in some threads a few days ago that any head tackle on our players they should go down like a sack of spuds.

We and 1 or 2 clubs at the moment don't play a brand of thugby or feign injury to get an advantage, the game officials have lost control now, the disciplinary are influenced by the match commentaries, sledging allowance is erratic, some players are given more tolerance when executing foul play.

If every club plays the same way then it will very quickly become a violent cheating sport and the game will be in disrepute and that could accelarate change. Turning the other cheek won't work that just creates a handicap to the sportsmanship teams. The NRL seem to have a better balance on dealing with this stuff, but as I mentioned earlier the RFL have good intentions at the start of the season then it just erodes into numerous events that go unpunished.
    Stiddy I accept all the points made very well.
    My point is play each game to how the ref officiates, stop expecting the consistency, if precedence is set in the first couple of sets and head shots are unpunished then insist in a calm manner that we take matters into our own hands and the same tolerance will be shown our way.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

Suttoner all the points raised are valid but it is a physical contact sport. There has been suggestions that below waist tackling only and one on one tackles. I raised this on another post a few months ago and Gray also posted that his friend would not encourage his children to play American Football due to concussion issues. It will be another nail in our sports coffin if we dilute the contact anymore.

In The South Stand

Suttoner all the points raised are valid but it is a physical contact sport. There has been suggestions that below waist tackling only and one on one tackles. I raised this on another post a few months ago and Gray also posted that his friend would not encourage his children to play American Football due to concussion issues. It will be another nail in our sports coffin if we dilute the contact anymore.
    Head shots and spear tackles are already illegal and I’m merely arguing for the referees and disciplinary to act when they or their assistants or the video ref see this type of dangerous play. A penalty early on could stop teams using high shots as an intimidating tactic and I don’t think it dilutes legal contact.

When I was a teenager, in the 1960s, everyone knew that a stiff arm tackle, like the one executed by McIllorum, was a serious offence. Limiting types of contact is nothing new.

I must admit, however, that I thought it was funny when McIllorum went in hard against Grace a few years ago and was the one that came away bleeding.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Surprised by that from Peacock, the only time I've seen him take on a bigger man is when they have there back turned, I know he throws quire a few punches after a PTB but he backs off when he sees a couple of forwards coming in.

A couple of fans might remember the Wellens incident at the DW, Wellens had a bad upper leg injury but carried on playing. Their was a tackle and Paddy Wack stood hard on that leg and made it look like an accident but Wellens and all the saints fans knew what was going on but the ref gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I should imagine the toughest quote is probably when he gets a tackle right or he runs up to the line but in reality he will always shows 2 or 3 incidents of Thugby in a game, maybe a tougher opponent accepts that and gives them license to give one back, an opposition fan might not see that part of the players mindset.

In The South Stand

Spot on Belgian. For some odd reason some folk think we're a bunch of patsies for wanting the rules of the game actually adhered to!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Spot on. I’ve never heard seen him stand toe to toe and scrap a big chap. He’s the king of cheap shots and blind side attacks. He’s a scumbag.
    Watch the game v Leeds at the Etihad (Magic Weekend) with him and Jamie Peacock having a real go at each other. I've never seen him back down.

As for Fridays incident, just let the disciplinary deal with it.

Banned

Let's talk about Friday on here shall we, and all the youth you love. The two slugs on Friday both a product of Wigan thugby, not forgetting the rat at the back, from abusing bar maids to finger pie what a pair. Then let's move onto Hock and Newton and that brand of thugby they had inbred into them. You are a production line of scum and the new inbreeds are coming through to excite you in your twilight years.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Watch the game v Leeds at the Etihad (Magic Weekend) with him and Jamie Peacock having a real go at each other. I've never seen him back down.

My concern is that the ref and video ref should have dealt with it on the night. It was a clear penalty and justified a sending off. None of us can know what that would have meant in terms of the game but If I were a Leeds fan I’d be fuming. He deserves a ban but that’s not going to help Leeds now. A disciplinary decision comes too late for them.

You will appreciate that as a Saints fan I have no great desire for Leeds to progress in the competition but I would like to see referees doing what’s right on the night. There is no excuse for their getting it wrong. Blood was pouring from Dwyer’s mouth/nose and the video replays were conclusive.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

You’ve missed my point. He only puts cheap shots on easy targets. Would he have done what he did to Dwyer on Murdoch-Masilla for example? Not a chance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

He’s a yard dog in a long line of them, end of story