Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting disciplinary this week......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

They should both be banned. However I have zero faith in the RFL.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Chris Kendall forgot it was Catalan he was reffing tonight, not Wigan.

Mcllorum and Joel should 100% miss out next week.

On a side note. Atkins has recieved a 3 month ban for placing bets on Wakfield.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    They should both be banned. However I have zero faith in the RFL.
    It’s harder to get away with things these days with the criteria they have to judge against. That mcillorum one has to be deemed reckless, clenched fist and swinging arm with direct head contact and the Tomkins one speaks for itself

Learning All The Songs

Both should not play again this season disgusting.

Grabbing testicles and finger in the bum hole not allowed. & Micky Mac is just a dirty barsteward of the Terry Newton mould.

Noooobie

I don't think Joel should get much more than 1 game though, he didn't push it in very far. It's a load of $hit if you ask me

I will be surprised if either are banned. Not because they don’t deserve to be, both are a disgrace to the game and have been through their playing careers, but because the disciplinary will not want to weaken Catalans for a semi final. They will simply ignore the blatant acts of violence and assault on the pitch like they do weekly for certain scumbag teams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The McIllorum one was a bad one. I had a bit of a giggle at the fact it wasn't even a penalty - Not because it was a funny incident, but if there was ever a situation which highlighted the sheer lack of consistency across Super League from the officials, this was it.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    The McIllorum one was a bad one. I had a bit of a giggle at the fact it wasn't even a penalty - Not because it was a funny incident, but if there was ever a situation which highlighted the sheer lack of consistency across Super League from the officials, this was it.
    I didn't see the game or the interviews afterwards but apparently, when questioned about the McIllorum incident, MENSA candidate McNamara said 'What Incident'?

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    I didn't see the game or the interviews afterwards but apparently, when questioned about the McIllorum incident, MENSA candidate McNamara said 'What Incident'?

Sounds about right. Made me think of that funny Aussie video where that lad is in the car park steaming, after he has crashed his car. "What happened with the accident mate", "what accident", "the one with your car mate", "I haven't been in no accident".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Referees can miss things i get that, but there is really no point of having a VR if they're not going to assist the ref in that situation.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Interesting disciplinary this week......

I’m not sure there’s a defence for either. Tomkins is blatant as you can see above. McIlorum swung an arm with a closed fist directly into Dwyer’s face. Whether he’s falling or not there’s no excuse for the closed fist. Expect bans for both of them.

Don’t think Folau approves of that sort of bodily contact either.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Referees can miss things i get that, but there is really no point of having a VR if they're not going to assist the ref in that situation.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk
    You would think that when a player gets up all bloody like he was,the video ref would have a look and make a call,i mean it's not rocket science.

Micky •••• is a definite ban.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    You would think that when a player gets up all bloody like he was,the video ref would have a look and make a call,i mean it's not rocket science.
    In union the TMO would have pulled up both incidents, the ref would then stop the game and all the officials would watch the replays together and discuss. Whilst the ref will take advice on board from the others it’s ultimately his decision. I don’t know whether they have a big screen at the grounds any more but it wouldn’t be rocket science to make the footage available on a pitch side monitor. As a sport we pioneered video technology but we’ve been left well and truly behind thanks to stupid rules and incompetent officials. I know people complain about it but you can understand why players stay down and milk it after they feel they’ve been illegally hit. The refs are blind, the linesman are about as much use as waterproof teabags and the video refs need 300 replays of the same angle to make even the simplest decision. I know it’s not the easiest thing to do but they are getting paid a wage do this as a full time job and they’re downright incompetent at it.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    In union the TMO would have pulled up both incidents, the ref would then stop the game and all the officials would watch the replays together and discuss. Whilst the ref will take advice on board from the others it’s ultimately his decision. I don’t know whether they have a big screen at the grounds any more but it wouldn’t be rocket science to make the footage available on a pitch side monitor. As a sport we pioneered video technology but we’ve been left well and truly behind thanks to stupid rules and incompetent officials. I know people complain about it but you can understand why players stay down and milk it after they feel they’ve been illegally hit. The refs are blind, the linesman are about as much use as waterproof teabags and the video refs need 300 replays of the same angle to make even the simplest decision. I know it’s not the easiest thing to do but they are getting paid a wage do this as a full time job and they’re downright incompetent at it.
    I agree with all of this, and for those who argue about the stop in play, there's an option where the game could continue whilst something was being reviewed by the 4th official who would make the call. If it was decided they should get a red or yellow then it happens in the next break of play or convenient time. The 'victim' team will miss out on the penalty but the act will at least mean they are playing 1 less player for at least 10 mins.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Even the Clowns on Commentary pointed out that the video ref had "missed" the opportunity to step in.

All it takes is for the The Ref, in this instance Kendall, to say whilst Dwyer is having his treatment "was there any foul play"

The same with the Joel Tomkins incident.

He had already stopped play, so why not investigate it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Didn’t Hopoate get a lengthy ban in the NRL years ago for something similar and his defence was he was giving them a wedgy. I think he was nearly up the elbow though, to be fair.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    There are hundreds of examples of the video referee getting involved in on field disciplinary issues. When saints played Leeds a few weeks ago, Walmsley got sin binned on the say of the video referee as the on field referee didn’t see anything wrong with his tackle on Mellor.

How Kendall missed the high tackle by McIllorum is one thing, but you have to ask questions about why Hicks just completely ignored it. I can see how Kendall missed the Tomkins incident, but again it was pretty blatant and Hicks should have got involved.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I thought the VR could step in if there’s serious foul play?

As others have said. More inconsistency and incompetence from the officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

To be fair to Joel, he was only trying to help with the COVID tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

I think the McIllorum incident is aggravated by him pulling Dwyer upwards to try to get him to his feet. He obviously knew what he’s done and was trying to make out Dwyer was feigning injury when there was blood everywhere.

There should have been a penalty and a red card but Kendall doesn’t seem to realise that he’s supposed to protect players from head shots by disciplining offenders. I think it should have been red rather than yellow because it was a blatant stiff arm with fist and the damage was there for all to see.

Default Interesting disciplinary this week......

The daft thing is that Dwyer was sitting there with blood gushing out of his face and not a peep from the officials, but if he’d have reached up and felt the back of his neck it would suddenly have become a matter of player welfare.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The daft thing is that Dwyer was sitting there with blood gushing out of his face and not a peep from the officials, but if he’d have reached up and felt the back of his neck it would suddenly have become a matter of player welfare.
    Spot on. Kendall completely bottled it.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Kendall is suffering from the Dominic Cummings effect! Too much to soon. He thinks its open warfare and lets just got on with it. To be fair that is what Wigan have wanted and coached for years "THUGBY" and it would be how Wane would take on the Aussies. Its if the game wants to go back to that level of grubbiness, the BBC always wanted it in the seventies, Eddie Waring termed it biff to order its what the viewers like.