Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Warrington fans !

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Calling all Warrington fans !

Did you know -

Tony Bennett was number 1 when you last won the championship with ‘ strangers in paradise ‘

Tell your friends !

Where are the usual trolls?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Where are the usual trolls?!
    2021 - Year of the Wolfs.

You heard it here first!

Tony Bennett never played Full Back. ��

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Can't be all that many Wire Fans that are still alive today when they last won the championship.

Banned

Its funny but it isn't a rugby league town. If you read the biography by Peter Harvey when he went as player coach in 1967 the club was on skid row. They have produced very few real quality home grown players, which is mad as they had amateur teams such as Thames Board, Rylands, Crosfields etc.

It strangely it now gives me no real pleasure this 65 year business, because lock down has changed my view. Wire like Saints have tried to advance the game. Built and bought a stadium, invested in youth, albeit from other areas and Moran has sank a fortune into the club.

Compare that with Carter at Wakey and Fulton at Cas. Zero investment in anything except players to keep them solid in Super League. Now fat Nige is behind the scenes trying to get Bullmania back, crap ground, just decent crowds for Yarkshire derby games. Then the rent boys up the Road spending cash because their only overhead is a broom cupboard at Robin Park.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Its funny but it isn't a rugby league town. If you read the biography by Peter Harvey when he went as player coach in 1967 the club was on skid row. They have produced very few real quality home grown players, which is mad as they had amateur teams such as Thames Board, Rylands, Crosfields etc.

It strangely it now gives me no real pleasure this 65 year business, because lock down has changed my view. Wire like Saints have tried to advance the game. Built and bought a stadium, invested in youth, albeit from other areas and Moran has sank a fortune into the club.

Compare that with Carter at Wakey and Fulton at Cas. Zero investment in anything except players to keep them solid in Super League. Now fat Nige is behind the scenes trying to get Bullmania back, crap ground, just decent crowds for Yarkshire derby games. Then the rent boys up the Road spending cash because their only overhead is a broom cupboard at Robin Park.
    Nigel Wood should be excommunicated from RL period. He did nothing in his tenure at the RFL other than line his own pocket. That the various proposals from SKY deals to franchising through to play off structure were presented to the clubs in the manner there were tells you everything; the Yorkshire clubs ran a closed shop for their own purposes.

Im sure the game would benefit from a strong, well supported Bradford side but the reality is they are along way from that. They have proved financially destructive not just once but twice. The creditors who got burned would be furious if Bradford were fast tracked into super league. It would show everyone how due diligence and governance is a total afterthought in rugby league if they were. Fortunately Eamonn was amongst those who have grasped power away from creatures such as Rimmer and by proxy, Hetherington.

Final point - I think it is moving towards being a RL town; as you say they've invested a lot across all aspects of their club and they have a higer profile than they have had for a long time. Warrington is becoming a lot more important in peoples lives in their town as a result than say it would have been in the 90's.

Banned

I'm actually coming round to this, it's hard to argue with to be honest. I don't like Warrington and it's funny taking the •••• out of them but have more respect for them than most SL when you look what they've come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm actually coming round to this, it's hard to argue with to be honest. I don't like Warrington and it's funny taking the •••• out of them but have more respect for them than most SL when you look what they've come from.
    I will be honest I'm loving it more every year!

Got A Season Ticket

What Saints,Leeds and Wigan have is a successful youth set up amongst other things. No surprise they are the most successful clubs. Warrington have tried to buy success in recent years.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    What Saints,Leeds and Wigan have is a successful youth set up amongst other things. No surprise they are the most successful clubs. Warrington have tried to buy success in recent years.
    I think Warrington have started to correct that now. They have brought through some very good young players in the last few years. Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Joe Philbin, Toby King and Matty Ashton are all players that would enhance any squad.

Like us, when they fielded a very young side against a much more experienced Salford one, they came within two points of winning.

Warrington's main problem seems to be in their minds. They probably could and should have won all four Grand Finals that they lost and they beat us on the way to three of them.

In reality, Leeds and Wigan have dominated the decade with Saints only having two trophies to show, which is the same as Warrington, albeit ours were in the bigger competition.

Leeds and Wigan have largely won these honours due to having older and more experienced players throughout the spine of their team, although it is true that many of those older heads did come through the system. McGuire, Burrow and Sinfield plus Tomkins, O'Loughlin, Farrell and Williams were all homegrown players that were very influential in the successes of those clubs. Maybe that's a lesson to all, as these are players whose hearts and souls were in the clubs that they represented.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

There is an increasing groundswell of support for Price to go. My personal view is that a good coach has a team performing better than the sum of its parts eg Ian Watson. Price seems to have achieved the reverse.
    As for the 65 years...ho hum...

Banned

Honestly Wolfie, I think its time Price went now. Its becoming a sweet shop mentality, who can we throw money at next. You really missed Cooper last night. Luke Thompson will either go to Gold Coast or Wire because If Price does stay I think Hill has played his last game for you. By the way you behave the right way, you give us a bit but take it back and realise its a Saints site not a generic RL site.

Banned

Honestly Wolfie, I think its time Price went now. Its becoming a sweet shop mentality, who can we throw money at next. You really missed Cooper last night. Luke Thompson will either go to Gold Coast or Wire because If Price does stay I think Hill has played his last game for you. By the way you behave the right way, you give us a bit but take it back and realise its a Saints site not a generic RL site.
    Well said. Doesn't start crying either like someone else either when he gets a bit of stick.

I also think time is up for Price, they didn't look like they had much of a game plan last night and it seemed to fall apart quite quickly. I'm not sure who would replace him mind. What's Paul Cullen upto?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    There is an increasing groundswell of support for Price to go. My personal view is that a good coach has a team performing better than the sum of its parts eg Ian Watson. Price seems to have achieved the reverse.
    Respect for even showing your face Wolfie. Some of our own fans disappear from this forum for 3 months when they’re proven to be in the wrong so fair play. Yeh it doesn’t look great for Price. I assume he’s still in charge next year too?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Well said. Doesn't start crying either like someone else either when he gets a bit of stick.

I also think time is up for Price, they didn't look like they had much of a game plan last night and it seemed to fall apart quite quickly. I'm not sure who would replace him mind. What's Paul Cullen upto?
    I was looking forward to some Banjo action wasn't you?

Banned

I think I've still got that picture somewhere.

I think I've still got that picture somewhere.

Bet rubber Johnny is getting nervous now hahaha . Its a bit like a Christmas tree that photo , always makes and appearance around this time of the year hahaha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Bet rubber Johnny is getting nervous now hahaha . Its a bit like a Christmas tree that photo , always makes and appearance around this time of the year hahaha.
    I actually looked and couldn't see it. It's probably in my drop box or photo bucket but I can't be bothered looking any further.

Banned

He was spiting the dummy out last night on their board

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Will Wire be entitled to free bus travel to away matches now they are over 65?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Well this year we failed to score a point against you in the league and didn't beat you in any competition.

In fact the only team to knock Saints out of a competition since Price arrived was Catalan in the 2018 cup. The other three exits have all been to Warrington.

Our exit from the 2018 cup and our winning the playoffs in 2019 were done by avoiding Wire not beating them.

So, yeah, Price out. Good with me.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I actually looked and couldn't see it. It's probably in my drop box or photo bucket but I can't be bothered looking any further.

Don't worry there's a copy somewhere

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Did you know -

Tony Bennett was number 1 when you last won the championship with ‘ strangers in paradise ‘

Tell your friends !
    Ohhhh tttttthe Good life, full of fun, seams to be the ideal........

(Different song but more apt)

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I would have let Price go at the end of last season despite that remarkable CC win (my donation to the Mr R Hicks crowdfunding was worth every penny).
    A good coach should produce a team that is better than the sum of its parts. For me we are in the same position as you were with KC. There is a good team there, but the Coach is messing it up. As an example he didn’t play Robson off the bench but instead flogged Hill to bits which inevitably led to mistakes. The only thing he has going for him is knowing how to counter your threats.