Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luke Thompson

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

He has gone move on, if he goes somewhere else he'll get the same treatment as any other opponent. Don't make this into another Meninga saga "he's coming back" "no he's not "
    "he is coming back" "no he's not he's broken his arm".
    His option not to be on a reduced salary when asked burned bridges, he came through the system owes a hell of a lot to Saints but he isn't the only one and he won't be the last.

People saying Paasi is not as good as Thompson is a bit premature best give him a chance first eh!
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Who are they?
    You may be in for a big surprise.
    Don't tell me The Rugby Football League Disciplinary consortium.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

There is a rhyme in there. If you go down to Oral today your in for a big surprise!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    He gets a new girlfriend then.
    you old romantic

Learning All The Songs

Starting A Programme Collection

Thanks for that Zippy , hope it has ended all the speculation . For me Thommo is not the kind to give up so easily .

Got A Season Ticket

Sounds like the Bulldogs have failed to move Luke Thompson on. $850,000 is about £450,000. Probably 3 times what he would have been able to earn at Saints. Shame that he hasn't made an impression over there. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/sensa...hompson-43903/

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Sounds like the Bulldogs have failed to move Luke Thompson on. $850,000 is about £450,000. Probably 3 times what he would have been able to earn at Saints. Shame that he hasn't made an impression over there. https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/sensa...hompson-43903/
    I think saying he hasn't made an impression is a bit unfair, he's widely accepted as being the Bulldogs best player in 2021 and one of only a few positives to come out of the season for them. The NRL is a different beast when it comes to players moving around so his contract situation is no indication of performance.

In The South Stand

He’s definitely made an impact - he’s certainly their best prop and probably their best performer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    He’s the Bulldogs best forward if not there best player. No way he has failed, they were simply trying to rearrange their squad in a salary capped sport. He’ll be back at 32 years old to finish his career in SL.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    He’s the Bulldogs best forward if not there best player. No way he has failed, they were simply trying to rearrange their squad in a salary capped sport. He’ll be back at 32 years old to finish his career in SL.
    He may well be back when his Bulldogs contract finishes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Just about old enough for Wire

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Just about old enough for Wire
    Don't be silly, he has to retire on medical grounds first, then they'll be sniffing around!!

Banned

He did well in a few games but his discipline really has cost him over there he’s unreliable as every few weeks he’s been banned for something. With the recruitment the bulldogs have done you can see why they wanted to move him on. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does with some world class players like Addo Carr, Burton and TPJ around him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

[QUOTE=Northstand;835414]He did well in a few games but his discipline really has cost him over there he’s unreliable as every few weeks he’s been banned for something. With the recruitment the bulldogs have done you can see why they wanted to move him on. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does with some world class players like Addo Carr, Burton and TPJ around him.[/QUOTE)

I'd be more interested in seeing how he goes with Walmsly and Lees around him.

Banned

Haha me too. I fear, from what I heard, his bridges at the club are burnt and we wouldn’t entertain having him back. Hope I’m wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Northstand View Post
    Haha me too. I fear, from what I heard, his bridges at the club are burnt and we wouldn’t entertain having him back. Hope I’m wrong.
    There was some bad feeling over the way he left. The club have moved past that, but I don’t know about individual players.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

To be honest, even though he’s had disciplinary problems, he’s the best prop at Canterbury and is good enough to play for pretty much any other NRL club. The only way he comes back to Super League before he’s past it is if he’s homesick or gets himself in trouble.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.