Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Back Room Redundancies

Banned

Default Back Room Redundancies

I don't know if any other clubs have yet been affected but Wigan have let at least two go. Mick Cassidy, head of youth and Paul Johnson head of conditioning are leaving or have left their posts.

That may give some insight into the new strap line"never gonna stop" I thought it related to paying rent.

Worrying times for a sport with poor and fragmented governing bodies. Strong talk regarding Bradford sneaking back into SL next season. Wood lurks in the background around Bradford like a bad curry.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I don't know if any other clubs have yet been affected but Wigan have let at least two go. Mick Cassidy, head of youth and Paul Johnson head of conditioning are leaving or have left their posts.

That may give some insight into the new strap line"never gonna stop" I thought it related to paying rent.

Worrying times for a sport with poor and fragmented governing bodies. Strong talk regarding Bradford sneaking back into SL next season. Wood lurks in the background around Bradford like a bad curry.
    Cassidy left a good few weeks ago. He’s got his own plumbing firm now.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Cassidy left a good few weeks ago. He’s got his own plumbing firm now.
    Big money for plumbers if they're doing boiler repairs this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

If there was a strong Bradford I would say yes . But they have had so many chances and have gotten it wrong so many times. I think with them it should be 3 times bitten 4th time shy.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If there was a strong Bradford I would say yes . But they have had so many chances and have gotten it wrong so many times. I think with them it should be 3 times bitten 4th time shy.
    Bradford playing in front of 20k at Odsal, great.
    Bradford playing in front of 2k at Dewsbury, not such a good idea.

The RFL have a vested interest in getting Braford into Super League, but clearly not such a good idea for the sport as a whole in my opinion.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Cassidy and Johnson were both out of contract at the end of the season, just like players they come and they go. i knew there were issues with the youth development position and was told last week that Johnson was leaving.

I think whoever came in after Mark Bitcon was always going to be in a difficult position.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rogues gallery View Post
    cassidy and johnson were both out of contract at the end of the season, just like players they come and they go. I knew there were issues with the youth development position and was told last week that johnson was leaving.

I think whoever came in after mark bitcon was always going to be in a difficult position.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Cassidy and Johnson were both out of contract at the end of the season, just like players they come and they go. i knew there were issues with the youth development position and was told last week that Johnson was leaving.

I think whoever came in after Mark Bitcon was always going to be in a difficult position.
    Why? He's hardly Jeff Cavaliere

In the case of Cassidy ,third man in , first man out.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Why? He's hardly Jeff Cavaliere
    He was that good that he was wanted by one of the worlds top football clubs.

Learning All The Songs

He was that good that he was wanted by one of the worlds top football clubs.
    Elite performance coaches cannot be underestimated, they are a vital part of a top clubs personnel.
    Scully named Mick McGurn as the best he worked with, McGurn went on to soccer teams, the Irish RU and steered Bernard Dunne to World boxing title changing his diet and training regime significantly.
    Recruiting a good one can be hit and miss, there are more Magic Mikes than McGurns and Bitcons.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Elite performance coaches cannot be underestimated, they are a vital part of a top clubs personnel.
    Scully named Mick McGurn as the best he worked with, McGurn went on to soccer teams, the Irish RU and steered Bernard Dunne to World boxing title changing his diet and training regime significantly.
    Recruiting a good one can be hit and miss, there are more Magic Mikes than McGurns and Bitcons.
    Agree, I think Bitcon also worked with Martin Murray.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Was it Mark Bitcon who had something to do with Zak Hardakers drug suspension reduction or am I thinking of someone else.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Was it Mark Bitcon who had something to do with Zak Hardakers drug suspension reduction or am I thinking of someone else.
    Was it not Prof. Chris Brookes?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Was it not Prof. Chris Brookes?
    Yes, it was but I thought I heard the name Bitcon at the time.

EDIT: From Editorial:- "Prof Chris Brookes, a non-executive director at Wigan, and the club's director of performance Mark Bitcon were among those who provided evidence. They have both worked with the player in the England set-up - Brookes is the chief medical officer for the England side."