I am now ready to start writing my seventh novel which will be set between 2014 and 2017. One of my chapter titles will be called "Fish could not catch Bacon". A strange title you might think but anyone familiar with the club's history will know of Ned Bacon a speedy winger who played 15 times during the years 1904, 1905 and 1906. They will also probably heard of Jack Fish also a winger who once played for Warrington in a game between the two clubs.
I have a particular interest in Ned Bacon because my Grandad's name was Edward Bacon. He was born in 1889, lived in Peter Street and Albion Street with his six brothers and sisters in his early life and then in Horace Street after he married my grandmother and he was always called Ned. I have details of our family tree going back to 1799. Are there any other people around called Bacon (also Binns) who may help me check to see if I am related to the player or just to some other local people.
For more details about my first six novels, have a look at my web site www.geofflee.net