Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Morgan Knowles

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Morgan Knowles

Morgan signs two year contract extention.
    Fabulous news, well deserved mate. Great to keep you on board.

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Morgan signs two year contract extention.
    Fabulous news, well deserved mate. Great to keep you on board.
    Great news wish it was longer.

Bentley next.

Quality player, plays with aggression, intensity and has a bit of niggle about him.

Great news.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

When Roby retires I would make Knowles the captain, that might make it difficult for him to leave later on.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    When Roby retires I would make Knowles the captain, that might make it difficult for him to leave later on.
    Agreed 100%, he’s got the attitude and the drive
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    A captain that would lead by example, and from the front.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Great news wish it was longer.

Bentley next.
    Totally agree. I just wonder if it was Knowles himself who only wanted a 2 year extension. He’ll be about 26 then and approaching his playing prime, and I think at some stage he will want to have a crack at the NRL. If he continues to improve with experience the Aussies will be sure to come knocking.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

It may just be me being a pedantic •••• but it’s either a new 2 year contract or a 1 year extension. It’s not a 2 year extension as his contract wasn’t up until the end of 2021.

Pedantry aside, we’d all love him to stay long term but a shorter term deal gives him both NRL options and the chance to get himself a better deal with us if he took over the captaincy from Roby.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    Totally agree. I just wonder if it was Knowles himself who only wanted a 2 year extension. He’ll be about 26 then and approaching his playing prime, and I think at some stage he will want to have a crack at the NRL. If he continues to improve with experience the Aussies will be sure to come knocking.
    Don't forget we will have the talented Foster and Wingfield chomping at the bit by 2022.

I wonder if the likes of Knowles and Bentley are thinking about the effects of the virus on the way they are stuck in protocols on lower pay and empty stadiums. If the NRL are up and running as normal next season and we and super league go into a 3rd wave next year, players will be tempted to look towards distant shores.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 7th November 2020 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Les View Post
    I’m certain it’ll be Knowles that has kept it short - I’m sure the club would give him 5 years if they could. Whenever I see a one year extension like this and Bentley’s it’s always bittersweet because while we’ve got the player a bit longer it does suggest that they’re looking for other opportunities. Hopefully it’s just a matter of keeping options open rather than a desire to leave.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I’m certain it’ll be Knowles that has kept it short - I’m sure the club would give him 5 years if they could. Whenever I see a one year extension like this and Bentley’s it’s always bittersweet because while we’ve got the player a bit longer it does suggest that they’re looking for other opportunities. Hopefully it’s just a matter of keeping options open rather than a desire to leave.
    2 years might suit both parties - as gives Knowles the chance to elevate by performance and hard work to elevate to marquee status - unless you are Warrington there’s a salary cap limit to abide by too

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    2 years might suit both parties - as gives Knowles the chance to elevate by performance and hard work to elevate to marquee status - unless you are Warrington there’s a salary cap limit to abide by too
    I don't know about marquee status but in 2 years he will be more mature more experienced and will probably command a higher salary by then. The alternative view is that the club may not want to get tied into a high salary with less Sky money and the uncertainty of the game as a whole.

Got A Replica Shirt

He's progressed and developed every season, and gets through a hell of a lot of the hard work on the pitch. Well done that lad!

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    He's progressed and developed every season, and gets through a hell of a lot of the hard work on the pitch. Well done that lad!
    Seems to be starting to provide more link play in the middle as well. Very useful to have a 13 who can do that as your pivots can overload one side then to create overlaps. We all know his defensive play is outstanding, it’s the level he can reach with his attacking game that will define just how good a player he eventually becomes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

As excellent as Knowles is as a ball playing loose forward, the NRL still use 13 as a battering ram, and I don't think he makes enough yards for second row in the NRL..

Hopefully we'll tie him down a bit longer in a couple of years, you'd be mad to sign anything longer in the current climate

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Seems to be starting to provide more link play in the middle as well. Very useful to have a 13 who can do that as your pivots can overload one side then to create overlaps. We all know his defensive play is outstanding, it’s the level he can reach with his attacking game that will define just how good a player he eventually becomes.
    I got told the other day that he doesn't do that (provide any link)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Morgan Knowles

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I got told the other day that he doesn't do that (provide any link)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can’t think of examples of the top of my head it’s just something I’ve noticed more of.

EDIT: Actually scrap that, our try against Wigan last week it’s Knowles as 1st receiver from dummy half, fakes to give it to the dummy runner, steps left and gives it to Lomax who beats the man on the outside.

Great player.

Glad to have him for another 2 seasons