Thread: Lomax

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Lomax

Didn’t look too great for him.

😭

In The South Stand

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came off with a knee injury. Not a stretcher job but it didn’t look great.

Noticed Tommy, and Theo rushed down the tunnel after Lomax, came back not looking happy at all. Hope I’m wrong but feels serious.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

I thought it was ankle. Not what we need.

Journo G Walker says KW says it’s a leg injury in the Hamstring area. Not sure how serious scan tomorrow.

So it will be Jack Welsby at stand off on Monday, just as dangerous as Jonny when Jack gets into his stride.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Would be a blow obviously but I thought we improved when Welsby went at 6 to he honest. We have a great replacement if he is out for any period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Kristian Lomax on Jonny Lomax's situation, as he limped out of the action in the second half:

"He'scopped something around the hamstring region.

"It was a funny one in terms of how it happened and him getting caught in an awkward position.

"At the moment we don't know quite how bad it is.

"Obviously we're going to hope for the best and we'll find out a little bit more in the next couple of days once we can get a scan and assess it properly."

Followed by…

Woolf said the likelihood at this stage is that Lomax won't play against Warrington on Monday, with Jack Welsby the man to step into his shoes.

Starting A Programme Collection

They took Welsby off almost immediately

Got A Replica Shirt

I know you can’t say much without the scan but medical staff/Coaches can usually tell when it’s a bad un without the scans. Saying that, anything over 4 weeks is a bad one at this point in the season and hamstring injuries are notoriously tricky to diagnose in terms of length as they can be a pain to get right.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I don't want to wish injury on anybody, but I actually think that Saints will be a much more potent attacking force with Jack Welsby playing at 6.

Jonny Lomax just hasn't been offering any threat of late and Welsby has something at 6 that I haven't seen from a Saints half in a while, and that is the ability to run across the line, suck out defenders to create a gap and then put a runner through the hole.

I actually feel that, for the chances of the team, it will be a blessing in disguise.

What is more, for me, we should look at making Jack Welsby's permanent home at 6 and not full back, where he can concentrate more on attack and use his RL brain that little bit more.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Its a bit early and feels uncomfortable to be talking about Lomax given his injury which might be quite serious.

That said I think there is something in what you say DD.

Things happen around Dodd and Welsby.
    They push, look for and generate second phase.
    I guess the next couple of weeks give an opportunity to see how they go individually and collectively without Lomax.

We were saying similar about Welsby at 6, it could be a new combination in the halves but its really an old one if you look at how they operated together in the Academy. Both are instinctively quicker and as mentioned we might see more attack orientated play. Just hope the Lomax injury is not too serious we still need his experience for the big games.

Firstly hope Jonny is ok. Secondly I agree with DD, I know that was only a snippet but Welsby was unplayable for 25 minutes there. He needs to be touching the ball as much as possible next season and at first receiver rather than looping round the back. His distribution and speed at which he takes players on creates space for others and of course he knows where the line is too. We got better ball to the fringes when he moved to stand off. Absolutely outstanding.

Noooobie

Looked like Lomax was having a late fitness test just before kick off, was working alone with the physio behind the posts. Maybe had a bit of a niggle that has been made worse

In The South Stand

I hope that the injury isn’t too bad. I think we’ll miss Lomax more than people think but we have got cover.

Speedy recovery Jonny.

Starting A Programme Collection

Jonny is massively important to us with & without the ball. Yes, Welsby is an exciting prospect but Johnny's big game experience and cool head will be missed.
    I wonder if this could be a Lee Briers moment ?
    Get well soon Jonny.

In The South Stand

We'll miss Jonny's defending and organisation, we'll be like a lost puppy against Warrington. If he's out for the season which seems to be the suggestion from a few, it's a massive blow.

It’s a huge blow. You only have to listen to what the other players say about him, in particular Dodd to understand his importance. He’s also revered by opposition players and coaches.

As good as Welsby is potentially, he’s not got the smarts of Lomax nor his organisational skills.

What is annoying is that Lomax was a huge doubt for the Wigan game so it begs the question why he was played last night and not rested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Reacher, quote function is not working so.
    That is a major concern. The same thing happened at Wigan with both French and Leuluai. I've said all along that once the World Cup was postponed this season should have been extended and games played one per week to avoid this three games per week scenario and make all clubs play their full allocation of matches.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Hastings rated JL best in SL. Welsby may be very able deputy playing wise, but I think we will miss Lomax's temperament and experience

If I'm reading it right and it's more of a knock to the area as Woolf seems to suggest then he might only miss a game or two which might do him good in some ways

Got A Season Ticket

JL will be a big loss with the amount of work he does both in attack and defence .Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad and we are only looking at a few matches out. I think Welsby to stand off could work for us short term. Teams do an awful lot of homework on JL but not many will know how JW will play at stand off. Could just work to our advantage

In The South Stand

I have always been a big fan of Lomax since he first came into the team at 18 yr old , but time doent stand still Welsby and Dodd played together a lot in academy times and i thought that Welsby would have been named there next year anyway , 2 young lads with lots of talent its the future Johny i wish you a speedy recovery .