Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 22 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: End Of Season Play Offs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default End Of Season Play Offs

Its a 100% farce now, it seems as though the RFL are sitting on their backsides just waiting to see what permutations are developing before deciding a top 4, top 5, top 6 play off. Last nights meeting with the clubs the play off proposals were supposed to be on the agenda.........but nothing, only the Toronto rubbish.

Last week I mentioned our players possibly picking up Covid in France and destroying our play offs, is the club showing similar concerns. Travelling to France means they are outside their controlled BUBBLE.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 3rd November 2020 at 10:25.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    What's this about? Why would we deliberately refuse to fulfill a fixture we need to win? Has something happened at the club? Is it financially motivated? Can we not afford it?

What is going on?
    Maybe the club are worried about getting on a plane with other people and risking catching Covid just before the play offs?

I don't know just a guess but it does seem strange without knowing the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Hull KR have just announced they won’t be fulfilling their remaining fixtures for 2020. Getting a bit shambolic now this isn’t it.

https://www.hullkr.co.uk/club-statement-2020-season/
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Hull KR have just announced they won’t be fulfilling their remaining fixtures for 2020. Getting a bit shambolic now this isn’t it.

https://www.hullkr.co.uk/club-statement-2020-season/
    Does that mean Wire, Catalan and Salford get 24 - 0 wins given them, or are the fixtures void due to covid?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Maybe the club are worried about getting on a plane with other people and risking catching Covid just before the play offs?

I don't know just a guess but it does seem strange without knowing the facts.
    I'd say that's the case regarding refusing to travel. I must admit, I'd have thought the club would've just chartered a flight and flown everyone in and out in a day.

Just knock the season on the head, as usual the game makes an absolute fool of itself. I couldn't care less who wins the title to be honest.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I've updated the potential, if Hull KRs fixtures are voided, and the points go to Catalans and Wire, they're in green.

Yellow is current position (I've put two in saints by mistake)

Learning All The Songs

More than likely they know the league will be finished today.

Learning All The Songs

Only Leeds don't get punished for not travelling to Catalan.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    That's my thinking. Playoffs to start this weekend perhaps. There have been no Round 21 games confirmed yet and empty slots on SKY Sunday and Monday. You'd think the fixtures would be finalised by now if they were going ahead.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I think so too, I mentioned earlier it was suppose to be on last nights clubs meeting agenda. It's typical of RFL to lets things simmer before announcing anything.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

That's my thinking. Playoffs to start this weekend perhaps. There have been no Round 21 games confirmed yet and empty slots on SKY Sunday and Monday. You'd think the fixtures would be finalised by now if they were going ahead.
    It will be announced one way or another today.

The feeling was (according to the Hull Daily Mail) that the clubs were going to see things through to a conclusion, but that might change with today's latest capers. I get the feeling that Saints and Hull KR are two of the clubs trying to force the RFL's hand in to curtailing things.

The worry is that if we forfeit this game, then we are left in a situation where we need to win one of our last two games to make the four, which we will need to do if Leeds win their last two games. I could quite feasibly see us losing to both Hull and Warrington. Resting players for Salford and not Wigan could bite us in the backside rather severely.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    It will be announced one way or another today.

The feeling was (according to the Hull Daily Mail) that the clubs were going to see things through to a conclusion, but that might change with today's latest capers. I get the feeling that Saints and Hull KR are two of the clubs trying to force the RFL's hand in to curtailing things.

The worry is that if we forfeit this game, then we are left in a situation where we need to win one of our last two games to make the four, which we will need to do if Leeds win their last two games. I could quite feasibly see us losing to both Hull and Warrington. Resting players for Salford and not Wigan could bite us in the backside rather severely.
    I can't see us forfeiting this game at all. The article I have read states that both Saints and The RFL asked Catalans to reverse the fixture, which suggests we may have the RFL onside.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

I cannot understand why we have played the kids against Salford get it boxed off then play them! i cannot believe we have lost £100k and the hubcap after doing so well week after week. Also how can Hull KR just decide they aren't playing anymore? surely this can't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I cannot understand why we have played the kids against Salford get it boxed off then play them! i cannot believe we have lost £100k and the hubcap after doing so well week after week. Also how can Hull KR just decide they aren't playing anymore? surely this can't happen?
    It’s a COVID outbreak at HKR.

They've had a Covid outbreak apparently.

Banned

I'll tell you why. Woolf doesn't know what he's doing.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

I am sure these things invlove Mike Rush and Eamon etc so it isn't fair to pin it on Woolf. Although i must say he is so miserable. Bring back Holbrook and his infectious ways. More excitement in Watson the other night about our players! he was teeing himself up for the job there!

Learning All The Songs

They can't really award the shield and prize money to one team after all the disruption.

In The South Stand

They've had a Covid outbreak apparently.
    They have had 3 positive cases. So they're using that as an excuse to stop playing and get the entire club back on furlough. I can't say I blame them, they are doing what they can to survive. It's no doubt why they voted no to Toronto and will no doubt vote no to a 12th team replacing them. They want to keep that share of the TV money.

Agree. It’s either that they know the league will end today. Or they have made a calculated risk that it’s worth the forfeit to save risking players and hoping they will still make top four (if league remains as a top four play off).
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    They have had 3 positive cases. So they're using that as an excuse to stop playing and get the entire club back on furlough. I can't say I blame them, they are doing what they can to survive. It's no doubt why they voted no to Toronto and will no doubt vote no to a 12th team replacing them. They want to keep that share of the TV money.
    Where’s the number of positive tests been released?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

I can’t see it being top 4 if it finishes today.We will have to fill the weekends.between now and the GF to fill sky’s tv schedule so we have 3 weekends before the final I think top 5 would do that.Would that mean we play Wigan this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I can’t see it being top 4 if it finishes today.We will have to fill the weekends.between now and the GF to fill sky’s tv schedule so we have 3 weekends before the final I think top 5 would do that.Would that mean we play Wigan this weekend?
    If it's a top 5 system then top place would get a week off first.

Week 1
    2nd v 3rd
    4th v 5th

Week 2
    1st v 2nd
    3rd v 4th
    (assuming higher placed teams wins in week 1)

Week 3
    2nd v 3rd

Week 4 (GF)
    1st v 2nd

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

If it's a top 5 system then top place would get a week off first.

Week 1
    2nd v 3rd
    4th v 5th

Week 2
    1st v 2nd
    3rd v 4th
    (assuming higher placed teams wins in week 1)

Week 3
    2nd v 3rd

Week 4 (GF)
    1st v 2nd
    Thanks YG

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

A top five playoff with Saints Vs Wire (no matter how they decide are 2nd and 3rd) and Catalans vs Hull is far more exciting than what we've got coming up

All neutral venues maybe difficult though as the go to stadiums ate Leeds, saints and Wire