Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Callum watkins ( missed opportunity?)

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Callum watkins ( missed opportunity?)

I'l hold my hands I thought he was finished but he is playing really well at the moment and would certainly have added something to our back line in the absence of percy

Should we have gone in for him when he was available ? did we have any salary cap we could have used?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    I'l hold my hands I thought he was finished but he is playing really well at the moment and would certainly have added something to our back line in the absence of percy

Should we have gone in for him when he was available ? did we have any salary cap we could have used?
    He's clearly more advanced than what we have as back up currently for now but to be honest given our style of play where minimal ball is pushed through the centres I don't think it would have added much overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry typo meant kallum!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Trouble with that is what do we do with him/Naiqama once Percival is fit. It would be an expensive reserve I imagine.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

on current form I think he's better than Naiqama, certainly in terms of attack , he tore the dragons to bits at times last night

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

If he’d been available on a short term deal absolutely. He wasn’t though and on a 3 year deal for a 29 year with a bad injury record Salford are welcome to him.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

on current form I think he's better than Naiqama, certainly in terms of attack , he tore the dragons to bits at times last night
    It’s not Kevs fault he’s had no ball. He’s a better player than Watkins but can’t show that if we never involve him....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It’s not Kevs fault he’s had no ball. He’s a better player than Watkins but can’t show that if we never involve him....
    If Watkins is anywhere close to what he can do then Naiqama is nowhere near him IMO.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I agree, Fages tends to be on that side but he gets too close to Kev N and most of the time it's a useless drop off ball with defenders waiting. We've been here before with Shenton, Watkins would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    If Watkins is anywhere close to what he can do then Naiqama is nowhere near him IMO.
    Surely you mean how good he USED to be?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Trouble with that is what do we do with him/Naiqama once Percival is fit. It would be an expensive reserve I imagine.
    I assume the OP was talking of game to game contract or something very short. I wouldn't have supported a year or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk