Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State of Origin 2020

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I thought exactly the same. While our players may be a step down from those on show today our whole game is miles behind as a spectacle. You wouldn't think it's the same game on occasions. Pace, speed of thought, dynamic, forwards laying a platform then magic from the backs. No faffing about but a significant difference is the refereeing. We seem to stunt the play and focus on the wrong things. For example today 2 players competing for a high ball was allowed to go even when ball catcher rolled as there was no intent simply 2 blokes competing fairly for the ball. Also lying on and the wrestle was minimal. What on earth are we trying to achieve here is beyond me when I see what could be on display or at least something close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d have to watch again to be sure but I saw 3 six again calls in the 1st half and 1 goal line drop out. Every single one of these then led to a try. Is it the case simply that in the NRL teams are so much more clinical that you can’t afford to mess around at the play of the ball to give teams more tackles and field position? I’d love to see stats based around percentage of points scored or scoring opportunities created off six agains or repeat sets and compare Super League and the NRL.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’d have to watch again to be sure but I saw 3 six again calls in the 1st half and 1 goal line drop out. Every single one of these then led to a try. Is it the case simply that in the NRL teams are so much more clinical that you can’t afford to mess around at the play of the ball to give teams more tackles and field position? I’d love to see stats based around percentage of points scored or scoring opportunities created off six agains or repeat sets and compare Super League and the NRL.
    I'd say the backs I seen on display were pretty clinical from what I saw. Don't watch much Aussie RL maybe I should but it did make me think that if that's the current style of RL in Aus then why is KW playing us the way he is? I'd have thought that he'd want to mimic in some way what's going on down there in terms of style to enhance his CV? I appreciate these were the best Aussies in the game & not directly comparable to here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I'd say the backs I seen on display were pretty clinical from what I saw. Don't watch much Aussie RL maybe I should but it did make me think that if that's the current style of RL in Aus then why is KW playing us the way he is? I'd have thought that he'd want to mimic in some way what's going on down there in terms of style to enhance his CV? I appreciate these were the best Aussies in the game & not directly comparable to here.

Pretty much what I thought. I wonder if we just went for him on the back of Tonga, when some of the NZ players were representing Tonga.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Pretty much what I thought. I wonder if we just went for him on the back of Tonga, when some of the NZ players were representing Tonga.
    Had to be something along those lines but it looks like his ship has sailed.

I'm looking forward to the decider at SunCorp next Wednesday. Game 1&2 will not reflect game 3 I'm sure, anything can and will happen.

Don't think that this match is cut and dry for any team. Fast and furious 3 the decider, enjoy.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Full house in Brisbane on Wednesday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...tions/12857922
    Gone Walkabout...

Game 3 teams. Unchanged NSW, a few changes in the backline and bench for Queensland:

New South Wales
    1. James Tedesco
    2. Daniel Tupou
    3. Clint Gutherson
    4. Jack Wighton
    5. Josh Addo-Carr
    6. Cody Walker
    7. Nathan Cleary
    8. Daniel Saifiti
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Payne Haas
    11. Angus Crichton
    12. Tyson Frizell
    13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dale Finucane
    15. Junior Paulo
    16. Nathan Brown
    17. Isaah Yeo

Queensland
    1. Corey Allan
    2. Valentine Holmes
    3. Dane Gagai
    4. Brenko Lee
    5. Edrick Lee
    6. Cameron Munster
    7. Daly Cherry-Evans
    8. Christian Welch
    9. Jake Friend
    10. Josh Papali’i
    11. Kurt Capewell
    12. Felise Kaufusi
    13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

14. Jaydn Su’a
    15. Harry Grant
    16. Lindsay Collins
    17. Jai Arrow

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger View Post
    Full house in Brisbane on Wednesday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...tions/12857922
    Brilliant. Australia is like another planet right now and I must confess that watching NRL and AFL games over the last few months has been a massive thing for me just to see crowds and passion. They’ve already announced at least 25,000 capacities for the Australia-India test matches over the next few months so things are getting better. My cousins in Geelong have been telling me that Victoria has had zero new cases or deaths for over 2 weeks or so, it’s good to see.

Munster fit and Hunt dropped for young Grant, but QLD without Coates. Enjoy it's packed out.

Fast and Furious the decider.

Terrible few mins to Q after great start

My days what a finish!

I tell you what though, Addo-Carr would have got to that ball in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    My days what a finish!

I tell you what though, Addo-Carr would have got to that ball in my opinion.
    100%. I can understand why the video ref doesn’t give a penalty try because in the freeze frame it looks like Queensland have cover, what it doesn’t show is the speed that Addo-Carr was flying through at. Fantastic finish in the end but Queensland should have had it wrapped up long before, as we would call it at our club, Valentine Holmes had dicks for hands. NSW just couldn’t get over the loss of Tedesco and Queensland bringing on Harry Grant made the difference. What a player he is be interesting to see where he ends up, has a get out clause in his contract at Melbourne if Cam Smith goes round again and has already said he’ll use it.

Brilliant.

Fantastic to see the crowds as wel, the atmosphere seemed electric!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Brilliant.

Fantastic to see the crowds as wel, the atmosphere seemed electric!
    Made me miss the TWS and watching live rugby even more!

Cameron Munster looks like he would do well in super league

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Cameron Munster looks like he would do well in super league
    He would Ralph, but at 26 years of age he's part of the Storm & Queensland going forward. The old hands have passed on the mantle and he's very much part of the future. Young Grant did well today on debut so thats 9 or 10 Bennett and Meninga have introduced this series.

Munster to win both today's Man of Match and Man of Series awards shows how much influence he has had, considering he went off after 2 mins in game 2.

For me, Ado-Carr should of had a try at the death, but how many times did Qld miss touch downs on the wing with Holmes?

Great game.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Game 3 teams. Unchanged NSW, a few changes in the backline and bench for Queensland:

New South Wales
    1. James Tedesco
    2. Daniel Tupou
    3. Clint Gutherson
    4. Jack Wighton
    5. Josh Addo-Carr
    6. Cody Walker
    7. Nathan Cleary
    8. Daniel Saifiti
    9. Damien Cook
    10. Payne Haas
    11. Angus Crichton
    12. Tyson Frizell
    13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dale Finucane
    15. Junior Paulo
    16. Nathan Brown
    17. Isaah Yeo

Queensland
    1. Corey Allan
    2. Valentine Holmes
    3. Dane Gagai
    4. Brenko Lee
    5. Edrick Lee
    6. Cameron Munster
    7. Daly Cherry-Evans
    8. Christian Welch
    9. Jake Friend
    10. Josh Papali’i
    11. Kurt Capewell
    12. Felise Kaufusi
    13. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui

14. Jaydn Su’a
    15. Harry Grant
    16. Lindsay Collins
    17. Jai Arrow
    Losing Tedesco really hurt NSW and not having a pivot or a back on the interchange compounded it. If they'd have had Papenhuyzen as a utility, which Fittler talked about before the series started, I think we'd've seen a different outcome. Disappointing for NSW fans because they should be winning the series with the pool of players they have to pick from vs QLD at the moment.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Losing Tedesco really hurt NSW and not having a pivot or a back on the interchange compounded it. If they'd have had Papenhuyzen as a utility, which Fittler talked about before the series started, I think we'd've seen a different outcome. Disappointing for NSW fans because they should be winning the series with the pool of players they have to pick from vs QLD at the moment.

Regards,

STEVO
    Jesus wept.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

The game should have been won by a much bigger margin but rope fingers Holmes kept NSW in the game.

Harry Grant's selection definitely made a huge difference for QLD but realistically NSW should have won the series easily given the experience and ability of their squad.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Jesus wept.
    Agree. NSW should have got the link going and at least tried the chip over the top. The wonderful Queensland outfit would have impressed their coach, Wayne Bennett but NSW did'nt do anything different. If they'd executed a Plan B then the result may have been in their favour. Be that as it may, the NSW would not be impressed at the some of the decisions of referee and the merryflagwaver. On another day it could have been t-r-y time had the referee's got up on the right side of bed. A good win for Queensland who employed the sliding defence, but I was surprised they didnt go for the one pointer though they were impressive in their use of the powerplay.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Agree. NSW should have got the link going and at least tried the chip over the top. The wonderful Queensland outfit would have impressed their coach, Wayne Bennett but NSW did'nt do anything different. If they'd executed a Plan B then the result may have been in their favour. Be that as it may, the NSW would not be impressed at the some of the decisions of referee and the merryflagwaver. On another day it could have been t-r-y time had the referee's got up on the right side of bed. A good win for Queensland who employed the sliding defence, but I was surprised they didnt go for the one pointer though they were impressive in their use of the powerplay.
    I’m not gonna bombard you with cliche’s but I’ll tell you this. It’s not the end of the world......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    He would Ralph, but at 26 years of age he's part of the Storm & Queensland going forward. The old hands have passed on the mantle and he's very much part of the future. Young Grant did well today on debut so thats 9 or 10 Bennett and Meninga have introduced this series.

Munster to win both today's Man of Match and Man of Series awards shows how much influence he has had, considering he went off after 2 mins in game 2.

For me, Ado-Carr should of had a try at the death, but how many times did Qld miss touch downs on the wing with Holmes?

Great game.
    Sorry Jackbit it was said in jest at the quality they've got over there compared to what we have in super league

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The game should have been won by a much bigger margin but rope fingers Holmes kept NSW in the game.

Harry Grant's selection definitely made a huge difference for QLD but realistically NSW should have won the series easily given the experience and ability of their squad.

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk
    Did he put butter on his hands in the tunnel? Spilled his lollies every time bar once

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Not overly fussed about it to be honest. I'll record it and watch it at some point no doubt.
    It actually turned out to be a really good series. That lad Harry Grant looks some player.