Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: League leaders and or Bet Fred Covid Cup

Starting A Programme Collection

Default League leaders and or Bet Fred Covid Cup

IÂ’m feeling a little gutted about the potential of not retaining the LLS and would take that over the The covid cup.

From the fiasco of Toronto , changing the goal posts every few weeks in the league , percentages , top4 , top 6 has made a mockery of the game . I think it would be more appropriate to have first v second in a game of fancy dress rugby, winner takes all .

MOM going to the best dressed player !

Seriously , is anyone genuinely excited about the outcome ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    IÂ’m feeling a little gutted about the potential of not retaining the LLS and would take that over the The covid cup.

From the fiasco of Toronto , changing the goal posts every few weeks in the league , percentages , top4 , top 6 has made a mockery of the game . I think it would be more appropriate to have first v second in a game of fancy dress rugby, winner takes all .

I know what you are saying but COVID has been responsible for “changing the goalposts” and we’ve had to adapt - like most sports. It was never going to be easy. I think the three week build up to our game will increase our excitement and I’m sure we’ll all be nervous cheering us in sitting in front of our screes.

Almighty f*** up not taking the gimme 2 points at Salford. Looking like costing us £100k prize money and an potentially easier route to the final. That said despite fielding a weak side we should have won anyway!

Horrible season but am I interested . You bet ! I want us to win it.

We all knew the important thing was playing out the season to a conclusion come what may in order to secure the TV money for the clubs without which there would have been certainly clubs going bust. May still happen.

It will be gut wrenching not to be able to attend the final if we make it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Almighty f*** up not taking the gimme 2 points at Salford. Looking like costing us £100k prize money and an potentially easier route to the final. That said despite fielding a weak side we should have won anyway!

Horrible season but am I interested . You bet ! I want us to win it.

We all knew the important thing was playing out the season to a conclusion come what may in order to secure the TV money for the clubs without which there would have been certainly clubs going bust. May still happen.

It will be gut wrenching not to be able to attend the final if we make it.
    It all feels a bit naff to me for the reasons stated by OP: the outbreak and the fact its changed the layout of the season and now not just the once! In a sense there is a bit of humour there because if Warrington won it (and I think they've a very good chance) they become asterisk RLFC.

I think part of the frustration is with our squad we should really have hacked up again this season but have played tactics that you'd associate with a struggling team - over simplified game plans, the wrestle and percentage rugby. This always gives any team in the League more of a chance against us then they should have and it will feel opportunity missed if we don't win it this year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Despite the chaos of it all I will still be screaming at the TV in 2 weeks time watching the semi final and I still care massively if we win it or not. Yes it’s different and yes I’m sure opposition fans will tell whoever wins it that they need an asterix next to their name, but I’d much rather us win it than anyone else. I’d rather us be 2020 Super League Champions* than nothing at all, 100%.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Despite the chaos of it all I will still be screaming at the TV in 2 weeks time watching the semi final and I still care massively if we win it or not. Yes it’s different and yes I’m sure opposition fans will tell whoever wins it that they need an asterix next to their name, but I’d much rather us win it than anyone else. I’d rather us be 2020 Super League Champions* than nothing at all, 100%.
    If we win it I'm not arsed about the asterisk as we've won it so many time in the past, but for Warrington it would be amusing to taunt them. Fancy winning your first Championship after 65+ and its when the seasonw s shortened, the rules changed through the comp and the whole play off structure changed - asterisk RLFC!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    If we win it I'm not arsed about the asterisk as we've won it so many time in the past, but for Warrington it would be amusing to taunt them. Fancy winning your first Championship after 65+ and its when the seasonw s shortened, the rules changed through the comp and the whole play off structure changed - asterisk RLFC!
    The covid 19 champions 20 ! It’s got a ring to it I guess

Default Covid

The covid 19 champions 20 ! It’s got a ring to it I guess
    Champions Of Very Indifferent Decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    Champions Of Very Indifferent Decisions.
    Hahahahaha that would make a wonderful banner if wire was to win hahahhahaa

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    If somebody had told me that Liverpool and Warrington would end 30 and 65 years this year, I'd have been gutted. I can't help feeling now that it would be a somewhat joyous double. :-)
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

It's a joke. They should void the LLS imo. Not because wigan are top, but because it's an incomplete season. 4 teams could still finish top if all games are played at this moment. You cant say Wigan are the deserved winners and deserve the 100k.

Then just go straight into the play offs, dont extend it to 6. Other teams again may have planned better had they known it was going to be a top 6 rather than a 4.

Its laughable. God help anymore positive tests. Imagine going out of the play offs because you cant play.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Couldn't agree more. If there's something to win, let's win it.

Learning All The Songs

Any prize monies from this season should be shared with all clubs.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Any prize monies from this season should be shared with all clubs.
    Good suggestion and fair to everyone involved.

Banned

I keep telling myself I'm not interested but I'll still watch every game we play. I'm going to Norway on Friday but will be taking my fire stick. That said, and this is probably a reflection of my current mood as much as anything, I'm totally fed up with RL and the amount of ••••ing idiots involved in the game. I'm also not very happy with our coach and the shite tactics he insists on.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It's been a joke of a season with changing rules, method of deciding LLS, plus a change in play off format. But now we are here and can see where we are going, I can't wait for our next game. We now have something to start getting excited about. Other than the money, maybe that last game will give us the kick up the a**e that we needed. And, hopefully Woolfe will realise there are players numbered 1-5 that are allowed to handle the ball other than near our own line. Would love to see us win that cup again.
    PS.
    The one consistency this season, has been the inconsistency of the refs.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 3rd November 2020 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I keep telling myself I'm not interested but I'll still watch every game we play. I'm going to Norway on Friday but will be taking my fire stick. That said, and this is probably a reflection of my current mood as much as anything, I'm totally fed up with RL and the amount of ••••ing idiots involved in the game. I'm also not very happy with our coach and the shite tactics he insists on.
    Like you , I watch every game even though the quality of the rugby this year is shocking , before the lockdown I was losing interest rapidly partly because of the Toronto farce , weather was shocking and we looked like we had never played together which in some games has continued . .

I’ll continue to watch , I hope we win every game but I’m not sure how much I would care if we lost the final or even made it to the final , it’s lost it’s grandeur and with its legitimacy as a grand final

Banned

Like you , I watch every game even though the quality of the rugby this year is shocking , before the lockdown I was losing interest rapidly partly because of the Toronto farce , weather was shocking and we looked like we had never played together which in some games has continued . .

I’ll continue to watch , I hope we win every game but I’m not sure how much I would care if we lost the final or even made it to the final , it’s lost it’s grandeur and with its legitimacy as a grand final
    I'll care about us losing the final but mainly because of who'd we'd most likely be playing. I feel the same as you about the final though, it's a none event. I think Div made the point earlier, we need to get the season finished for the TV money which in itself is quite sad but obviously necessary.

Can’t imagine ANY other sport f8cking about so much. Farcical......

Move the goalposts? More like move the whole thing....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    It's a joke. They should void the LLS imo. Not because wigan are top, but because it's an incomplete season. 4 teams could still finish top if all games are played at this moment. You cant say Wigan are the deserved winners and deserve the 100k.

Then just go straight into the play offs, dont extend it to 6. Other teams again may have planned better had they known it was going to be a top 6 rather than a 4.

Its laughable. God help anymore positive tests. Imagine going out of the play offs because you cant play.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    If it's the team that play us, then I wouldn't fret too much