Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another signing?

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry to jump in, but no way is it GBP, that'd make him one of the highest paid players in the world (probs top 5!) on about 1.1mil aus dollars. Also it'd be alot more than he's on in aus!

600k aud is about 325k gbp, sounds alot more plausible to me.

As for the move back to SL itself, surely not after half a season? You'd think he'd stick around under a new coach and see what happens. Unless all the covid restrictions and bubbles etc. are really getting him down?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I think Luke will stay in aus he is not a quitter.
    The big reason he was so unhappy before was his missus not being there and living on his own. His missus is now over there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    The big reason he was so unhappy before was his missus not being there and living on his own. His missus is now over there
    And you think that will make him happier?

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    And you think that will make him happier?
    I would imagine living on the other side of the world and being able to get little Thommo wet instead of ploughing the field solo will probably make a fair difference to boredom levels

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Sorry to jump in, but no way is it GBP, that'd make him one of the highest paid players in the world (probs top 5!) on about 1.1mil aus dollars. Also it'd be alot more than he's on in aus!

600k aud is about 325k gbp, sounds alot more plausible to me.

As for the move back to SL itself, surely not after half a season? You'd think he'd stick around under a new coach and see what happens. Unless all the covid restrictions and bubbles etc. are really getting him down?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Nonsense to suggest he’s being paid £600k. Laughable to say the least. I think the Bulldogs offered a gradually improving contract between 700-800 AUS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    This would explain another prop coming in then.

Taia - Thompson
    Peyroux - Matautia
    Graham - Paasi
    LMS - Norman
    Out of interest, how many people are willing to punt all of those new signings will be an upgrade on their replacements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Exactly. Nonsense to suggest he’s being paid £600k. Laughable to say the least. I think the Bulldogs offered a gradually improving contract between 700-800 AUS.
    I said he was asking for that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Out of interest, how many people are willing to punt all of those new signings will be an upgrade on their replacements
    I think norman is just just an extra player and not replacing anyone. As far as im aware lms is still with us next year. Not heard him or the club say otherwise about him leaving and he wasnt on the ooc list

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    I think Norman is just just an extra player and not replacing anyone. As far as I am aware LMS is still with us next year. Not heard him or the club say otherwise about him leaving and he wasn't on the OOC list
    Being a project player you could say that he is replacing Bentley given he has graduated to starting player status. Bentley's development has made him the actual replacement for Paulo/Peyroux along with Mata'utia.

2021 is also the last chance for Batchelor you would think. He has to step up at least be a rotation/bench player next year. Norman is probably then the next guy to get a go after spending some time training with the first team.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Channeling my inner vulture here. Are there any players made free agents from Toronto we could pick up as squad players/Ottawa?

https://www.totalrl.com/list-of-free...s-withdrawals/

Toronto Wolfpack
    Sonny Bill Williams
    Chase Stanley
    Josh McCrone
    Ricky Leutele
    Darcy Lussick
    Tom Olbison
    Andrew Dixon
    Adam Sidlow
    Ryan Hall
    Stevie Ward
    Ben Flower
    Paul Brearley

Ottawa Aces
    Louis Jouffret
    Tom Gilmore
    Matty Fozard
    Ted Chapelhow
    Jay Chapelhow
    Sam Wilde
    Pat Moran
    Gavin Marguerite
    Dec O’Donnell
    Sam Luckley
    Olly Ashall-Bott
    Jack Johnson
    Clement Boyer
    Calvin Wellington
    Guy Armitage
    Jake Moore
    Adam Lawton

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Maybe that’s why Saints didn’t want to announce Mata’utia, we’re signing Sonny Bill instead
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Maybe that’s why Saints didn’t want to announce Mata’utia, we’re signing Sonny Bill instead
    Not sure where is next for Sonny Bill. He hasn't exactly looked the player he was. Maybe his destination should be French/Japanese Rugby Union?

Looking at the Toronto players it doesn't surprise you that they were struggling. The top 4/5 players on the list were all on big money and did very little.

Ottawa on the other hand seemed to have signed a good set of players with untapped potential.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Not sure where is next for Sonny Bill. He hasn't exactly looked the player he was. Maybe his destination should be French/Japanese Rugby Union?

Looking at the Toronto players it doesn't surprise you that they were struggling. The top 4/5 players on the list were all on big money and did very little.

Ottawa on the other hand seemed to have signed a good set of players with untapped potential.
    I'm assuming the Calvin Wellington in the Ottawa squad is the lad who was basically thrown under the bus by KC ?

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I'm assuming the Calvin Wellington in the Ottawa squad is the lad who was basically thrown under the bus by KC ?
    Indeed he is.
    Cunningham certainly threw him under the bus in a big way that Magic Weekend.
    From what I saw of him in the u19s he looked to have the makings of a classy centre.
    Think he may have injury problems though, but I'm really hoping he does well
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Indeed he is.
    Cunningham certainly threw him under the bus in a big way that Magic Weekend.
    From what I saw of him in the u19s he looked to have the makings of a classy centre.
    Think he may have injury problems though, but I'm really hoping he does well
    Indeed, shepherds crook for one mistake. All whilst others that were dire week after week kept their shirt. Inexplicable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Indeed, shepherds crook for one mistake. All whilst others that were dire week after week kept their shirt. Inexplicable.
    Probably one of his worst oversights. Up there with the sheep remark in my eyes.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Probably one of his worst oversights. Up there with the sheep remark in my eyes.
    Ah but don't you remember he knows everything about rugby league

In The South Stand

Talking of signings, I see the Piescum have extended Hastings' contract. What with him and George Burgess being this seasons Marque players, how on earth can Wigan also sign Jai Field and retain the services of Bevan French? As if it wasn't bad enough that Wire are turning in to the Pies on the field, it appears that the Pies are becoming clones of Wire when it comes to the salary cap!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Talking of signings, I see the Piescum have extended Hastings' contract. What with him and George Burgess being this seasons Marque players, how on earth can Wigan also sign Jai Field and retain the services of Bevan French? As if it wasn't bad enough that Wire are turning in to the Pies on the field, it appears that the Pies are becoming clones of Wire when it comes to the salary cap!
    Hastings isn't a marquee player.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Wigan looking decent next season.

Banned

Plus Bateman coming back as well , can’t see him being on peanuts .

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

I have to say our squad seems to have gone backwards a lot recently. What big name stars do we have? Walmsley?

Wigan, French, Hastings, Field, Bateman,

Wire, Austin, Widdop, etc etc list goes on.

Are we skint or something or paying to much to average players?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    I have to say our squad seems to have gone backwards a lot recently. What big name stars do we have? Walmsley?

Wigan, French, Hastings, Field, Bateman,

Wire, Austin, Widdop, etc etc list goes on.

Are we skint or something or paying to much to average players?
    This is a troll post but.

Lomax is better than all those halves. You can’t mention Widdop then in the next breath talk about paying too much to average players.

Since when is Field a big name star?!

Comical post.

Banned

Wigan will have the best team on paper next year

Only person that looks like they will leave who will be on top money is gildart. Cant dispute the fact that he is easily the best center in england and he will be one massive loss to them but they will have skill and pace across the park in french hardacker field and hastings in the backs

Gona be some good derbys next year. Dont shoot me for saying this but i like wigan having a strong team it makes the league more interesting

Banned

I do think the LMS and Amor contract extensions are poor business decisions. I feel for LMS his testimonial year has been crap but these two lads minds are drifting away from the sport now, and rightly so.