Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Another signing?

Learning All The Songs

Have we got the option too offer Paasi the extra year or is it in his favour ?.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...TCbKt3GBLRfLOE

Another video of Paasi here (on Facebook) if you're able to access this. Covers 2015-2019 so fairly recent clips of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Vee. Looks a handful!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

Another video of Paasi here (on Facebook) if you're able to access this. Covers 2015-2019 so fairly recent clips of him.
    Doesn't show any defence, but if he runs as strong here he will be great. Also seems to have good hands for a prop and can offload. Unless we can coach that out of his game, the centres might start seeing the ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Best video clip so far, looks quite dynamic hopefully our backs will have a field day with his offloads, runs some good lines as well towards the edges.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Best video clip so far, looks quite dynamic hopefully our backs will have a field day with his offloads, runs some good lines as well towards the edges.
    Our players aren't allowed to offload though.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Lots of others favour a more open game with offloads. However it would seem to be the case that they're instructed not to do so and keep it tight. Surely you must have noticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Our players aren't allowed to offload though.
    That's a myth.

Were 6th in SL for offloads with 168. Every team above us for offloads in SL is below us in the table. Wigan who finished top, are bottom for offloads in SL.

Wire are top of the offload charts btw and their fans are complaining about their style of rugby too.

Banned

That's a myth.

Were 6th in SL for offloads with 168. Every team above us for offloads in SL is below us in the table. Wigan who finished top, are bottom for offloads in SL.

Wire are top of the offload charts btw and their fans are complaining about their style of rugby too.
    Most of those must've happened in about 4 games after lockdown.

That's a myth.

How can it be a myth if were 6th out of 14? We've been brought up for the most part aspiring to be top & entertain and I would hope we still might but clearly not under the current regime.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

That's a myth.

We are top of the charts for most of the attacking stats scoring more tries, more tackle busts and clean breaks. The tackle busts are very significant compared to any other team and I would imagine with our support play it would be classed as a pass rather than an offload so that might explain that attribute.

Surprisingly Wire who top the offload charts doesn't guarantee a score as they have one of the lowest tries scored and are near the bottom of the charts for that stat.

I'd argue he is the type of prop that we have been missing since Mose left.

He also looks to have a decent skillset and can bring others in to play, as well as do the tough stuff.

Look forward to him in the red V.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    How can it be a myth if were 6th out of 14? We've been brought up for the most part aspiring to be top & entertain and I would hope we still might but clearly not under the current regime.
    6 out of 12 😂

My point was that it's a myth our players aren't allowed to offload. Of the top 6 teams only Hull and Wire lead us for offloads this season. All the other side's are well down the league (the likes of Hull KR and Wakefield).

Style of play and entertainment is a different argument altogether, but we can't use offloads as a barometer when were not as bad as some of rivals.

6 out of 12

My point was that it's a myth our players aren't allowed to offload. Of the top 6 teams only Hull and Wire lead us for offloads this season. All the other side's are well down the league (the likes of Hull KR and Wakefield).

Style of play and entertainment is a different argument altogether, but we can't use offloads as a barometer when were not as bad as some of rivals.
    Of course entertainment is not just about offloads but someone suggested a new prop with certain attributes would open up the back line, my words but the sentiment of others. I believe it's the whole ethos that needs changing rather than the need to 'big up' a new prop that's not here yet promising a few offloads.