Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What On Earth Have The Pies Done???

Banned

They can't even gain access at present.

I'm a fan of town crests I just think they look classier but I don't suppose we will ever go back. (Don't tell Dom Mac!)

At least the club backed down on the "Saints RL" debacle. We don't have a cringeworthy suffix so we should be thankful for that.

As for as Wigan are concerned I think this will just serve to alienate a section of their fanbase. I don't suppose there was an fa consultation prior to the decision being taken.

As for the projection on rivals stadiums we can only assume they have contracted out The Dires marketing services.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I hope that gets our pack going as much as it does me. Though I'm sure they only picked TWS because it would look stupid at Orrell
    It's just done for an easy, cheap laugh

Pathetic really. As much as we don't like their ethos, attitude and playing style, they built a club around it. A proper club.

Let themselves down badly here. Clearly some giddy twenty something on their social media.

I simply don't get the 'banter' nowadays. It's not funny. Embarrassing stuff from them

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I'm a fan of town crests I just think they look classier but I don't suppose we will ever go back. (Don't tell Dom Mac!)

At least the club backed down on the "Saints RL" debacle. We don't have a cringeworthy suffix so we should be thankful for that.

As for as Wigan are concerned I think this will just serve to alienate a section of their fanbase. I don't suppose there was an fa consultation prior to the decision being taken.

As for the projection on rivals stadiums we can only assume they have contracted out The Dires marketing services.
    Wire's 'edgy' Twitter craic you mean? Remember Fitzpatrick trying to justify their childish marketing practices

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I can understand the need for a logo that can look good on websites, twitter, small icons online, etc, and I understand that a town crest is quite intricate and doesn't look that good in a small format online or on certain types of merchandise. I can also understand that some young fans may want a more striking logo and it may encourage people to buy gear that will look distinctly Wigan as opposed to having a town crest. That's all fair enough if Wigan are doing the market research.

But... you can do all that, have the stupid new logo, stick it on merchandise, use it on twitter and in your marketing, but keep the actual badge on the teams shirts. People buy more shirts than anything else, and they buy them in big numbers. Keep the original crest on the shirt and use the other one for other things. Liverpool for example have the Liver Bird on their shirts, because it's traditional, but they use a newer club badge for all of their marketing and on their website. It's easy to use both.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

There was and no I wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    There was and no I wasn't one of them.
    You don't get off that lightly. If you HAD been what would your opinion be on the subject?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I can’t get my head around them putting cherry and white hoops on the badge but not the shirt.
    Priceless!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It's just done for an easy, cheap laugh

Pathetic really. As much as we don't like their ethos, attitude and playing style, they built a club around it. A proper club.

Let themselves down badly here. Clearly some giddy twenty something on their social media.

I simply don't get the 'banter' nowadays. It's not funny. Embarrassing stuff from them
    Spot on. The type of clown who has a massive beard, skin tight jeans and a perm. The same type of person who thinks this type of crap is funny but would be offended by us singing songs about Andy Farrell's wife.

I also agree with what you say about them, they are a proper club with proper history, as much as I hate them you can't deny that but that little stunt is really small time and embarrassing. Imagine being told to go out in the ••••ing rain, at night to do that to your 2 nearest rivals.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Spot on. The type of clown who has a massive beard, skin tight jeans and a perm. The same type of person who thinks this type of crap is funny but would be offended by us singing songs about Andy Farrell's wife.

I also agree with what you say about them, they are a proper club with proper history, as much as I hate them you can't deny that but that little stunt is really small time and embarrassing. Imagine being told to go out in the ••••ing rain, at night to do that to your 2 nearest rivals.
    I think it's computer graphics, no need for an umbrella. Though I do like the thought of them getting soaked doing it.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

You don't get off that lightly. If you HAD been what would your opinion be on the subject?
    I've already expressed my opinion on RL fans.
    Here's what I put. "Leeds did it, Saints did it, Wire did it, in fact almost every club did it, and I expect there will be some changes to many clubs badges in the next couple of years.

I don't like the new badge, but it's hardly a showstopper especially in these trying times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I can’t get my head around them putting cherry and white hoops on the badge but not the shirt.
    They change the designs over a three year period. Traditional (cherry and white hoops) then a retro one (this years) and then an alternative one, (next years.) hth

Will I buy the shirt, no not for me but will for my grandson. I'll see what the polo shirts and leisure wear are like, and although I don't like the badge may buy one if they are ok.

As my mam used to say "Todays news paper, tomorrows chip paper" and "If you don't like it don't buy it".

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Keep ‘em coming boys but you’re wasting your time.It’s good news week.in Wigan. Here’s laughing at ya’.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jao711 View Post
    Keep ‘em coming boys but you’re wasting your time.It’s good news week.in Wigan. Here’s laughing at ya’.
    Why, has your sister told you she’s pregnant?

Banned

Your giro due Mongo?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Can I just say I really don't care what they do. c****
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Oh Don this is just so funny. I can't believe how small time they are becoming. They can't even get in their own ground, the CEO is working out of a broom cupboard at an athletics track. They beam a pie shaped badge and show off the best stadium in British rugby, and it seems as though it is because they are so pleased to beat us. I remember when they cheated their way to trophies and we beat them now and again it felt like that. I can feel the bitterness in them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Oh Don this is just so funny. I can't believe how small time they are becoming. They can't even get in their own ground, the CEO is working out of a broom cupboard at an athletics track. They beam a pie shaped badge and show off the best stadium in British rugby, and it seems as though it is because they are so pleased to beat us. I remember when they cheated their way to trophies and we beat them now and again it felt like that. I can feel the bitterness in them.
    I've had one of them trying to tell me we're forever in their shadow earlier.

You finally got running water?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Someone remind me why we can't abuse this clown anymore.
    He already has enough to deal with, supporting them and that badge.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've already expressed my opinion on RL fans.
    Here's what I put. "Leeds did it, Saints did it, Wire did it, in fact almost every club did it, and I expect there will be some changes to many clubs badges in the next couple of years.

I don't like the new badge, but it's hardly a showstopper especially in these trying times.

They change the designs over a three year period. Traditional (cherry and white hoops) then a retro one (this years) and then an alternative one, (next years.) hth

Will I buy the shirt, no not for me but will for my grandson. I'll see what the polo shirts and leisure wear are like, and although I don't like the badge may buy one if they are ok.

As my mam used to say "Todays news paper, tomorrows chip paper" and "If you don't like it don't buy it".
    That’s fine but there’s still loads of things you can do with the traditional colours. Adding black just seems like a slapdash campaign that’s not been thought through.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Wire's 'edgy' Twitter craic you mean? Remember Fitzpatrick trying to justify their childish marketing practices
    I once heard him talking about his marketing through social media etc. You’d think he was some marketing genius the way he goes on about it. There’s endless cheap stunts you can pull, you just have to be cheap to start with

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I once heard him talking about his marketing through social media etc. You’d think he was some marketing genius the way he goes on about it. There’s endless cheap stunts you can pull, you just have to be cheap to start with
    Has any of it actually amounted to anything other than a couple of articles in the League Express?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club