Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regular season

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Would Catalan not be better being based here for November under the circumstances? Easy for me to say I know but it seems ridiculous teams travelling to France now. Things will become clearer tomorrow I'd imagine
    Probably better for the rest of SL to base in Perpignan. As of yesterday they have a total of 78 Covid cases in a population of 105,000.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 1st November 2020 at 20:36. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    There was a quip on Facebook last week that would be either a 5 or 6 team play off, depending whether Leeds finish 5th or 6th.

Many a true word..... etc

I heard a rumour that they’ve booked an open top bus in Leeds already.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Still no news or anyone saying anything? are we travelling to Catalan or Thursday?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Still no news or anyone saying anything? are we travelling to Catalan or Thursday?
    Clubs are meeting later today to decide on the End of Regular Fixtures/Play Offs and the Toronto Superleague Issue.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Ah right ok thanks

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Well Castlefords next two games are off now, the league season has to stop today.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    Well Castlefords next two games are off now, the league season has to stop today.
    Does that mean Leeds and Salford get 2 points each ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

If the season were to carry on, Saints could miss out on a top four place if they were to lose all three remaining games. When you consider that involves Catalans away, Hull at home three days later and Warrington, this is not as unlikely as it sounds. However, should Saints get a few strategical Covid cases and not be able to play one of those games, a top four place is guaranteed due to the percentage based table.

That in itself is why the season needs to stop and we go straight to the play-offs. It's too open for corruption.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    If the season were to carry on, Saints could miss out on a top four place if they were to lose all three remaining games. When you consider that involves Catalans away, Hull at home three days later and Warrington, this is not as unlikely as it sounds. However, should Saints get a few strategical Covid cases and not be able to play one of those games, a top four place is guaranteed due to the percentage based table.

That in itself is why the season needs to stop and we go straight to the play-offs. It's too open for corruption.
    We should be OK for the top 4, with the exception of the LLS it doesn't really matter where we are in the top 4 they will be tough matches and likely at a neutral venue on the same day to avoid Covid circumstances.

My biggest worry is the Grand Final and one particular team is reduced to half strength due to Covid.......I wonder what the RFL will do about that.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We should be OK for the top 4, with the exception of the LLS it doesn't really matter where we are in the top 4 they will be tough matches and likely at a neutral venue on the same day to avoid Covid circumstances.

My biggest worry is the Grand Final and one particular team is reduced to half strength due to Covid.......I wonder what the RFL will do about that.
    It happened in RU didn't it? They were talking about the losing semi finalist stepping up but I don't know how it developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk