Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regular season

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Default Regular season

Is that it now then? Are we carrying on with the last 3 fixtures? Are we going to catalan or is it not allowed? Sky were saying we had blew the hubcap

Learning All The Songs

It would be interesting to know if Woolf knew the league could end before the Salford game and still chose to rest all those players. If he knew we did blow winning the shield.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    It would be interesting to know if Woolf knew the league could end before the Salford game and still chose to rest all those players. If he knew we did blow winning the shield.
    I was wondering if it was the other way around, Lam got the goon players wound up as though he had got wind from powers to be that this was going to be the last fixture, where Woolf was assuming he's still got to play Catalan, Hull and Warrington.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I was wondering if it was the other way around, Lam got the goon players wound up as though he had got wind from powers to be that this was going to be the last fixture, where Woolf was assuming he's still got to play Catalan, Hull and Warrington.
    Once we got whiff of the plans to shorten the season we should’ve got half a dozen firs team players to the ground to play Salford

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Once we got whiff of the plans to shorten the season we should’ve got half a dozen firs team players to the ground to play Salford
    Aye, would have been good if Woolfe could predict the future.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Once Walmsley was gonna be out on Friday this was a sensible way forward
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

He did call for some clarity in the rugby media between the Salford and Wigoon fixture, which would suggest the RFL kept it under wraps and maybe the Goons got a hint from sources yesterday.

Apologies, meant he should have changed plans once Walmsley was banned rather than the league structure change which I think was only mooted later?

Apologies, meant he should have changed plans once Walmsley was banned rather than the league structure change which I think was only mooted later?
    I can't remember the 21 man squad announced on the weekend before the Salford game and what protocols are in place to change the selection on game day, however 5 debutants was just too much whatever the selection options. Don't think Woolf gave a proper logical answer at the Salford post match either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Is that it now then? Are we carrying on with the last 3 fixtures? Are we going to catalan or is it not allowed? Sky were saying we had blew the hubcap
    Whether it is or not, we have blown it. You only have to look at the fixtures both sides have left.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

There's two ways of looking at it, we could have gotten the points against Salford and rested a few against Wigan and still been top. Despite taking a physical battering yesterday as did Wigan tbf we now know or should know we have to come up with something better to beat Wigan, if Woolf can't see that then we're screwed.
    I'm angry as I stood to win £216 if we won the LLS but that's my tough luck but I'm also worried now if this rumoured lock down happens will the SL title just be awarded to LLS or will sport continue?

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

New national lockdown

Void the season

Any prize money that is in the kitty for LLS and Champions to be divided all Super League clubs.

Start again February next year (hopefully)

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    New national lockdown

Void the season

Any prize money that is in the kitty for LLS and Champions to be divided all Super League clubs.

Start again February next year (hopefully)
    The season is void regardless

Banned

I couldn't care less what happens now to be honest, give the title to Toronto for all I care. The whole thing is a shambles same as this shit country and the fat clown running it.

Banned

You know what Dave I am sat here watching final score and if your an indigenous man in this country life is finished for you. God am I glad I've had the good times. Start again in February I think the game is in danger of total collapse. The Country? honestly ask Sunak he knows who to help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    You know what Dave I am sat here watching final score and if your an indigenous man in this country life is finished for you. God am I glad I've had the good times. Start again in February I think the game is in danger of total collapse. The Country? honestly ask Sunak he knows who to help.
    Same here, I've been sat here all afternoon flicking between various sport not really paying much attention and thinking is this it? For life I mean but I include RL and all other sports with that. I couldn't even go for a pint as I was bothered about being exposed to someone who was carrying Covid as I've got a test on Monday so I can fly to Norway Friday for work and to be honest I was planning on staying there until Christmas, in fact I've been thinking more and more about leaving the UK.

As for February, I can't see it, this prick can't even be on time for a TV appearance and the only thing I trust them to do is what's best for themselves. Although that's more can be said for the RFL/SL.

Superleague website is down.

I wonder if it’s coincidence or something more?

Learning All The Songs

lets hope the next national lockdown sees an end to RL and we can draw a line under a horrible year

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Same here, I've been sat here all afternoon flicking between various sport not really paying much attention and thinking is this it? For life I mean but I include RL and all other sports with that. I couldn't even go for a pint as I was bothered about being exposed to someone who was carrying Covid as I've got a test on Monday so I can fly to Norway Friday for work and to be honest I was planning on staying there until Christmas, in fact I've been thinking more and more about leaving the UK.

As for February, I can't see it, this prick can't even be on time for a TV appearance and the only thing I trust them to do is what's best for themselves. Although that's more can be said for the RFL/SL.
    Don't blame you for wanting to get out, but there are cheaper and warmer places than Norway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Have I missed something? Has there been an announcement ending the season??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Don't blame you for wanting to get out, but there are cheaper and warmer places than Norway.
    Aye well unfortunately jobs in the Bahamas are at a premium right now so Norway it is. On the up side, I'm getting paid for a 10 day quarantine that's more of a keep to yourself type affair, there pubs and gyms are open and your average Norwegian bird looks like a supermodel compared to their UK counterparts so I'll suck up the crappy weather and expensive ale, have a 10 day fishing holiday and then get my head down for a few weeks before the holidays. Hopefully by which time I'll have worked my charms on some 25 year old Noggie stunner who has a thing for older British blokes, 50m kronner in the bank and an arse that make other women hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Have I missed something? Has there been an announcement ending the season??
    I wonder

With the lockdown, does it mean sport has to stop??

Grand final at the end of Nov is now at risk you have to assume....

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Saints Wigan GF on Wednesday night then?.. Then wrap the bloody thing up

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Elite sport to continue

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Elite sport to continue
    That’s us done then!