Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sione Mata’utia

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    We were sniffing around Latu at Warrington. Presume with Amor re-signing a one year deal coupled with the Paasi & hopefully Matautia signings that’s our recruitment finalised bar the pending contract renewal / upgrades being announced shortly.
    I like that's it's sorted early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

In: Thompson, Paasi, Sione
    Out: Graham, Taia, Peyroux, Costello, Paolo, Ashworth.

That's pretty good recruitment if you ask me. Graham and Taia the big losses but Thompson is an excellent replacement for Taia from what I've seen of him and Paasi is a huge bloke who was playing regularly in the NRL before lockdown. Sione is another regular in the NRL and will improve our side. Signing NRL players is always a risk but I think we've signed 3 blokes who are hungry, talented and want to come over here and none with a horrific injury record.

The likes of Ashworth, Costello and Paolo offer very little to the squad and can easily be covered by some of the younger guys coming through.

You won't see many other clubs recruiting as well as that for 2021 and given were already at the top it puts us in a good place for next season aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

It's a good signing but in all our incoming players i am left wondering about what is going to happen with Bently ? two second rowers coming in and a prop.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    It's a good signing but in all our incoming players i am left wondering about what is going to happen with Bently ? two second rowers coming in and a prop.
    I should imagine the bench would be Paasi-Amor-LMS-Bentley or similar.

This is a superb signing. A quality player still at 24 and he is a St Helens style second rower. Guys like Peyroux and Lee Gilmour have always fitted in well to our style of play.

Given that the quality players seem to be going South at present this is a really nice surprise
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

That's pretty good recruitment if you ask me. Graham and Taia the big losses but Thompson is an excellent replacement for Taia from what I've seen of him and Paasi is a huge bloke who was playing regularly in the NRL before lockdown. Sione is another regular in the NRL and will improve our side. Signing NRL players is always a risk but I think we've signed 3 blokes who are hungry, talented and want to come over here and none with a horrific injury record.

The likes of Ashworth, Costello and Paolo offer very little to the squad and can easily be covered by some of the younger guys coming through.

You won't see many other clubs recruiting as well as that for 2021 and given were already at the top it puts us in a good place for next season aswell.
    Is Paasi definitely happening mate?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

As good as a singing he may be. Im still saying id rather have dom peryoux. The guy has fitted into out culture and he brings something to the team, this sounds like a straight swap for matautia and who knows how he will fit into the team

With all these announcements I can sense a communication over 2021 Season tickets on the way!

A young, fast, powerful and experienced NRL player, was youngest to play for the Aussie's and has captained the Knights. Comfortable in the pack, but also at centre. What's not to like in a player of that stature.

Great coup for Saints, and I wish him well in his future Saints career.

COYS

Agreed some good business and done early so hopefully then can plan to land here in time to prep the season fully.

Learning All The Songs

Blobby your forgetting the biggest club in Superleague have Greg Inglis coming to put a frighten on us all?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Blobby your forgetting the biggest club in Superleague have Greg Inglis coming to put a frighten on us all?
    Although he's already had to clarify he's definitely still coming

Widdop also likely to return to Oz, not that Wire fans will be particularly bothered

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    With all these announcements I can sense a communication over 2021 Season tickets on the way!
    Who is going to buy s season ticket? No fans until at least march! I think rugby is in a real mess. I wanted one with mrs and 2 kids I'm not paying 700 to be asked to donate it

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Who is going to buy s season ticket? No fans until at least march! I think rugby is in a real mess. I wanted one with mrs and 2 kids I'm not paying 700 to be asked to donate it
    I agree. I would actually just not commit to anything in terms of a start date or structure until the new year at least. If we have to wait until April/May and play through to the winter, postponing the World Cup, so be it. Asking fans to dig deep for a February start now would be ••••ing in the wind

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    This is a superb signing. A quality player still at 24 and he is a St Helens style second rower. Guys like Peyroux and Lee Gilmour have always fitted in well to our style of play.

Given that the quality players seem to be going South at present this is a really nice surprise
    Should be no 'feeling homesick' either with his brother already over here.

Looks a really good player and an upgrade on dom

Will we see Bentley move to 13?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Should imagine he will be the fastest secondrower in Superleague........ Sam "rat boy" Tomkins couldn't catch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTEkSw_XhJM

Learning All The Songs

Tweets from The Mole in July suggest he suffers quite a few head knocks and should consider another career.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Should imagine he will be the fastest secondrower in Superleague........ Sam "rat boy" Tomkins couldn't catch him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTEkSw_XhJM
    Ratboy very often doesn't catch the big guys. I'm really excited about these signings and think we have done very well. Must say I am surprised that we are laying out this kind of money in these times. Good news week.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post

I've not seen distribution or providing a link any part of his particular skills to be honest, maybe he's simply never been asked to play that way up to now?

Without sounding like a party pooper, are we not getting a bit too excited a little prematurely?

This feels different from the Thompson announcement whereby every outlet in Aus were saying it was a done deal. As far as I’m aware we have League Express and one outlet in Aus saying we are “closing in”.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post

And do what with Knowles?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    And do what with Knowles?
    let them slug it out for the 13 jersey?

how long do both players have on their contract?

We have 4 players there for 3 slots , one is going to miss out on a starting berth , then again there are enough games to rotate them I guess

In The South Stand

L M S is going to London , isnt he ?.

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post

Probably folk like me. On the basis I love my spec and I wouldn't want to lose it. I'm just shy of the halfway line in the back row of the North Stand and would struggle to get a better spec and I can stand up without having anyone behind me moan!
    I don't like sitting but also couldn't get used to the behind the sticks view after standing on the Popside for decades on end. So I get the best of both worlds.
    If I was in the West Stand I agree I wouldn't renew right now.