Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Wigan

Got A Season Ticket

Got A Season Ticket

Last edited by Shady Saint; 28th October 2020 at 15:35.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Don’t see the point in playing this now. The season is done, stick a fork in it. Give us and them some time off and let’s go at the play-offs properly, not sleepwalking through meaningless games for little reason.
    You don't see the point in winning this game and more or less cementing top spot ? in the context of the season with no fans and reduced income wining the hubcap ( assuming we do win ) and getting the money that goes with it is very important.

In The South Stand

Collected our fan cut out from TW today and I bumped in to Wello, "Stuff Wigan on Friday mate!" I said to him "Don't worry we will." he replied knowingly. He looked steely eyed and confident, I trust him! COYS!

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Collected our fan cut out from TW today and I bumped in to Wello, "Stuff Wigan on Friday mate!" I said to him "Don't worry we will." he replied knowingly. He looked steely eyed and confident, I trust him! COYS!
    But did you get him to sign your cut out ...thats the important thing

This could be a good game for us to get into play off mode at the very least.

But Wigan are always dangerous when it comes to derby day.

Banned

Id go with

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Lees
    Roby
    Graham
    Taia
    Bentley
    Knowles

Dodd (deserves to keep his spot)
    Lms
    Amor
    Peryoux (add pace and power to the team)

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    You don't see the point in winning this game and more or less cementing top spot ? in the context of the season with no fans and reduced income wining the hubcap ( assuming we do win ) and getting the money that goes with it is very important.
    At the minute, who knows? Without knowing what we’re playing for, if anything at all, it’s a bit harder to get up for this. If we’re keeping the four team play-offs, which we should in my opinion, we’re in the four regardless and we don’t know whether we’d actually get proper home advantage either and if that was the case, I’d rather we went with some
    rotation and rested a few ahead of a play-off. If we’re having a five team play-off then this is where this game has an added importance but we don’t know that yet so it’s all a bit up in the air and very Rugby League to have blokes going out there and smashing themselves to pieces for the umpteenth time in a month or so without them knowing what they’re actually doing it for.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    At the minute, who knows? Without knowing what we’re playing for, if anything at all, it’s a bit harder to get up for this. If we’re keeping the four team play-offs, which we should in my opinion, we’re in the four regardless and we don’t know whether we’d actually get proper home advantage either and if that was the case, I’d rather we went with some
    rotation and rested a few ahead of a play-off. If we’re having a five team play-off then this is where this game has an added importance but we don’t know that yet so it’s all a bit up in the air and very Rugby League to have blokes going out there and smashing themselves to pieces for the umpteenth time in a month or so without them knowing what they’re actually doing it for.
    We need some clarity on this ASAP, are we going to get the rug pulled from under us as regards the LLS. Are some teams having to take more game load despite already completing the 15 game requirement.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We need some clarity on this ASAP, are we going to get the rug pulled from under us as regards the LLS. Are some teams having to take more game load despite already completing the 15 game requirement.
    I agree. If they want to change things quickly, fair enough, it’s an odd year to say the least but you can’t then send teams out a few days later, not knowing what they’re actually playing for and the consequences of those games. If we’re playing next week in a four team play-off in a one-off semi, would Woolf have picked the same twenty one? If we’re going into a five team play-off then we know that we need to win to get the second chance.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Agree with the team above. We’ll need an extra forward to cover for Big Al so no room for a back on the bench. Only other possibility is Welsby for Simm at centre. Welsby had a good game there last time
    Simm looks more than capable . I think welsby’s hands are proving problematic.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Simm looks more than capable . I think welsby’s hands are proving problematic.
    I think the last few times Welsby played centere he looked very good. Simms worries me with his head down and run when he has the ball in hand, especially when his inside or outside teammate is free.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I think the last few times Welsby played centere he looked very good. Simms worries me with his head down and run when he has the ball in hand, especially when his inside or outside teammate is free.
    If anyone runs with his head down it is Welsby, he is always stooped over. However, He did do OK last time when he played centre, probably one of his better games. I don't think that Welsby is living up to all the hype around him, but also can't believe people are righting him off at 19.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

He backs himself for pace with ball in hand. It worked for him brilliantly for his first try against Leeds, not so much on Monday night against Salford. Getting your head up and looking for the pass can be coached but the ability to make the break in the first place can’t always. At his age and experience level I’d rather he was capable of the latter and able to learn the former.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    He backs himself for pace with ball in hand. It worked for him brilliantly for his first try against Leeds, not so much on Monday night against Salford. Getting your head up and looking for the pass can be coached but the ability to make the break in the first place can’t always. At his age and experience level I’d rather he was capable of the latter and able to learn the former.
    That's coached from a young age though. I'm not trying to get on his case, he has done OK since he's been in the squad but he does need to learn when to give and when to go at this level. I guess that will only come with experience. For me, atm Welsby has a better passing game so I'd play him against Wigan.

I would be happy to see Eaves get some more time on Friday. The lad looks like the real thing, his game intelligence, from what I've seen, is great, and a lad from Clock, great stuff.

Dom is needed in this one, experience and tough. The kitchen sink is going to be throw at us in this one, gloves off against the goons.

Great story Josh Eaves.

Showed a glimpse against Leeds before Wembley under Holbrook.

Broke his leg. Was on the off contract / not sure list earlier in the year.

Quietly waited for his chance.

Looked really good and hope he gets the bench spot against Wigan.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I think Simms looks the best of the youngsters but I agree, he has to learn he's part of a team of good players.

During the Leeds game it was mentioned in commentary that at academy level he was scoring tries for fun, he could obviously do it all on his own at that level it's obviously a big step up

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If anyone runs with his head down it is Welsby, he is always stooped over. However, He did do OK last time when he played centre, probably one of his better games. I don't think that Welsby is living up to all the hype around him, but also can't believe people are righting him off at 19.
    Of the two I think Welsby is the more creative player but because of inexperience will be prone to errors, Simm is a more solid player but will pass less to his outside.. I'm not too bothered who takes that centre spot pretty sure any of them will put in a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    I think Simms looks the best of the youngsters but I agree, he has to learn he's part of a team of good players.

During the Leeds game it was mentioned in commentary that at academy level he was scoring tries for fun, he could obviously do it all on his own at that level it's obviously a big step up
    Suppose it's like learning to drive a big posh car for the first few times, not sure where the buttons are, how long is the bonnet etc, after a month or so everything starts to feel more comfortable and you seem to have more time even though travelling faster. He just needs a run at things and he could be special down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Great story Josh Eaves.

I'm sure he will turn out to be a top player for us

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Great story Josh Eaves.

I was impressed with what glimpse we had of him in a strange team set up. He'll very likely look even better with more experience found him. He has that 'something'.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    I was impressed with what glimpse we had of him in a strange team set up. He'll very likely look even better with more experience found him. He has that 'something'.

He does look to have that something about him.

Banned

Interesting because Smith doesn't look the part if we haven't really took to him. However his performances have been highly competent. It may end up a good fight between him and Eaves next season. If we have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Interesting because Smith doesn't look the part if we haven't really took to him. However his performances have been highly competent. It may end up a good fight between him and Eaves next season. If we have one.
    It was good seeing them both over the same 80 mins. I thought Smith looked quite one dimensional heavily weighted by going to his right hand side so much so that it started to limit our options. Eaves was much more balanced and so keeping the defence guessing plus he went forwards himself on a few occasions which I don't remember Smith doing. No access to any replay so I'm only going with the live version as I seen it.

Woolf has confirmed Smith and Batchelor not available for Fridays game because of head knocks against Salford.