Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ian Watson

Maybe to Wire now, if they give Price the bullet after last night?
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Confirmed as Huddersfield coach now on a 3 year deal
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Confirmed as Huddersfield coach now on a 3 year deal
    Good move all round, can't fail either way. Perfect step up by Watson before moving on to potentially one of the big 4/5 clubs. Sensible move by a British coach, others should take note..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the yellow giraffe View Post
    earlier in the year the very credible rumour was that matty peet was being primed for the top job after lam. .
    Looks like I was given good info on this one....
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Looks like I was given good info on this one....
    Has that now been confirmed?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Has that now been confirmed?
    Not yet but a few journos are tweeting about it today, looks like something is going to be sorted very soon
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Not yet but a few journos are tweeting about it today, looks like something is going to be sorted very soon
    God are things reallt that bad at Wigan? The 3, on paper, average at best signings from AUS last week made me think they might be really skint but this confirms it. Their whole recruitment strategy over the last few years has been poor, Wane going back as DOF next season might help that but the way their going makes me glad we have Eamonn and Rush running things here.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstand View Post
    God are things reallt that bad at Wigan? The 3, on paper, average at best signings from AUS last week made me think they might be really skint but this confirms it. Their whole recruitment strategy over the last few years has been poor, Wane going back as DOF next season might help that but the way their going makes me glad we have Eamonn and Rush running things here.
    I love it.

I love it.
    Be careful what you wish for….

The state of the game at the moment we could do with a strong challenge from Wigan and Leeds.

The worry for me is that we don’t have to be as good to beat crap teams and our standards begin to follow suit, and much that I enjoy us winning and some domination I don’t want it to become a foregone conclusion….. that’s as detrimental to getting spectators in as losing every week!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

The state of the game at the moment we could do with a strong challenge from Wigan and Leeds.

The worry for me is that we don’t have to be as good to beat crap teams and our standards begin to follow suit, and much that I enjoy us winning and some domination I don’t want it to become a foregone conclusion….. that’s as detrimental to getting spectators in as losing every week!
    As much as I agree with you it isn’t really our fault we continue to do the right things and be ran so well. We really are lucky as every other team in the league has gone through a really poor run in the summer era. Wigan in the mid noughties, Leeds last few years. Our poorest eras have always yielded play offs at the minimum. I do think Leeds are beginning to show small signs of improvement and I do expect a strong challenge from wire in the next few seasons with their recruitment and new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Northstand View Post
    As much as I agree with you it isn’t really our fault we continue to do the right things and be ran so well. We really are lucky as every other team in the league has gone through a really poor run in the summer era. Wigan in the mid noughties, Leeds last few years. Our poorest eras have always yielded play offs at the minimum. I do think Leeds are beginning to show small signs of improvement and I do expect a strong challenge from wire in the next few seasons with their recruitment and new coach

Agree it’s not our fault but it could become our problem.

Nobody wants to see Saints (as a business) realise that you only need average players to beat below average sides….

And let’s be honest, even if Wire mount a charge and win the next 3 or 4 grand finals they are still Miles off the pace of the big clubs. There’s no legacy there, or dynasty being built like Wigan, Leeds and us.

I’d rather beat Leeds or Wigan in a GF than say Salford or Hull…. And the victory at Wembley would have tasted even sweeter than it did against Warrington 2nd string the other week….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

And let’s be honest, even if Wire mount a charge and win the next 3 or 4 grand finals they are still Miles off the pace of the big clubs. There’s no legacy there, or dynasty being built like Wigan, Leeds and us.

I’d rather beat Leeds or Wigan in a GF than say Salford or Hull…. And the victory at Wembley would have tasted even sweeter than it did against Warrington 2nd string the other week….
    Dynasties have to start somewhere. At the start of the super league era both Wire and saints achievements were fairly even. And at this point, Wigan were in a different galaxy compared to saints. Hopefully with a good coach incoming next season and a spine of Daryl Clark, Widdop, Williams and Ratchford, we have a reasonable chance, especially if we meet you in any knockout games.
    Considering the great dynasty of your club, as you self proclaim, it says an awful lot that our attendances have been similar over the past 10 years. Imagine if we win the GF, we could reasonably expect attendances to increase and if we gain traction and win a few more, the balance in power starts to change. Can't wait for next season.

NB, I know you'd rather beat Leeds and Wigan in the final, it makes sense, as you never turn up against us in the knockout games.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Dynasties have to start somewhere. At the start of the super league era both Wire and saints achievements were fairly even. And at this point, Wigan were in a different galaxy compared to saints. Hopefully with a good coach incoming next season and a spine of Daryl Clark, Widdop, Williams and Ratchford, we have a reasonable chance, especially if we meet you in any knockout games.
    Considering the great dynasty of your club, as you self proclaim, it says an awful lot that our attendances have been similar over the past 10 years. Imagine if we win the GF, we could reasonably expect attendances to increase and if we gain traction and win a few more, the balance in power starts to change. Can't wait for next season.

NB, I know you'd rather beat Leeds and Wigan in the final, it makes sense, as you never turn up against us in the knockout games.
    At the start of Super League Saints had 7 championships and 5 Challenge Cup wins, Warrington had 3 championships (last one in 1955) and 5 Challenge Cup wins. You need to win 4 Super Leagues to get even to where we were 25 seasons ago. Utterly deluded.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by rednez View Post
    At the start of Super League Saints had 7 championships and 5 Challenge Cup wins, Warrington had 3 championships (last one in 1955) and 5 Challenge Cup wins. You need to win 4 Super Leagues to get even to where we were 25 seasons ago. Utterly deluded.
    Compared to Wigan's 16 championships and 14 challenge cups at this point, your club's standing would only be slightly bigger than ours and not in the same stratosphere as Wigan's, so don't delude yourself.

Rugby league has been around for 120+ years and you were fairly irrelevant for the first half of that. Since SL, with the help of some financial backing, you've done extremely well. But it makes me laugh when people like you put down other clubs whilst, at the same time, putting yourselves in the same bracket as Wigan because you've been more successful than usual in the most recent segment of RL history. Wigan fans must •••• themselves laughing at you lot on here constantly lauding yourselves.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Who invited this half wit? Even utilising all 12 of your fingers won’t get you to as many championships as we have lifted. Jog on back to your small club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Who invited this half wit? Even utilising all 12 of your fingers won’t get you to as many championships as we have lifted. Jog on back to your small club.
    Truly stupid moronic Wire fan, can’t put his own club’s achievements out there to compare because they’re a nothing club, so uses Wigan’s past success to bait Saints fans on a Saints forum!
    Wire supporters really are stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bit of a flippant comment from myself. But I do like a bit of turmoil at Wigan. I doubt we will get to a situation where we don't have a strong opposition from them. Even if they fall off a bit someone will take their place, such as Cats this year or Leeds Bradford and Hull when Wigan fell away in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Truly stupid moronic Wire fan, can’t put his own club’s achievements out there to compare because they’re a nothing club, so uses Wigan’s past success to bait Saints fans on a Saints forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Does he play a banjo?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Im not disputing our underachievement, just your fans' deluded arrogance and lack of respect for other clubs. You might not like Warrington (I can't stand saints, but I give them their due and respect their achievements), but, bar achievements, they're clubs of similar size. If Warrington had gained similar success to yourselves, I'm be certain we'd have a larger following as we get similar attendances to you at present.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Does he play a banjo?

Yes, regularly in a range of static caravans across St Helens. I always remember to wear my toothless orc mask to fit in with the locals.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Jonesy appears to be off his meds.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

You’ll never build a dynasty with the recruitment policy you have. Yes one year it will work but look at the numerous years it doesn’t. You also don’t produce the players like Wigan or saints. That can change going forward but you’re miles away still from that .

Banned

This is so deluded I really can’t justify a proper response to it. This is like comparing Liverpool and Everton as clubs in football, before the anfield expansion they had similar crowds every week

In The West Stand

Im not disputing our underachievement, just your fans' deluded arrogance and lack of respect for other clubs. You might not like Warrington (I can't stand saints, but I give them their due and respect their achievements), but, bar achievements, they're clubs of similar size. If Warrington had gained similar success to yourselves, I'm be certain we'd have a larger following as we get similar attendances to you at present.
    See this is what Warrington fans dont understand. I dont dislike Warrington - I dont really anything Warrington. But Warrington fans seem to have got it into their head that because we dont reciprocate your "were a big club" mentality, like we do with Wigan and Leeds, were "deluded arrogance and lack of respect for other clubs" (thank you for proving the point!) Our rivalry is with Wigan and Leeds, and always will be until someone else joins the big boys table - as has even been said on this thread, as funny as it is to laugh at Wigan for their outwardly looking turmoil at the moment, the competition is stronger with them. You can pretend your Saints and Wigans rivals, but you will never have a Good Friday derby. Castleford thought that they could take over from Bradford in the Yorkshire derby when Bradford were relegated, but it was never the same.

To jump on the attendances argument exactly shows the small club identity Warrington truly are.

Got A Season Ticket

After all, what are achievements between rugby clubs eh?