Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Salford

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Bit harsh that on our half backs on what was basically a reserve side, we only needed Coote and Roby in that side and the young half backs would have had better options.
    Agreed, ideally you partner a new half back with an experienced one, but it's all part of the learning process.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I really enjoyed the game. The youngsters looked nervous which is understandable but they will be much better for the experience
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

a game we would have won but for Nesbitt deciding to dive in when no need.

Thought Peyroux was very good -should be in the 17 every week.

Kicking game ( as normal) was very poor. Welsby and Dodd did nothing to suggest they are 1st team players. As the commentators asked, what is Welsby's position? Not very good in any he has been tried in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Tom Vol View Post
    No 2 mistakes & a Walk in try bombed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    a game we would have won but for Nesbitt deciding to dive in when no need.

Thought Peyroux was very good -should be in the 17 every week.

Kicking game ( as normal) was very poor. Welsby and Dodd did nothing to suggest they are 1st team players. As the commentators asked, what is Welsby's position? Not very good in any he has been tried in.
    I thought Dodd showed the odd glimpse of class mate. Playing behind a more senior forward pack i reckon he would shred teams.

Great performance from the boys tonight. The usual mind boggling comments on here as usual.

It was a shame for both young wingers had game altering mistakes given they both had fantastic performances.

However you have to accept mistakes from young players, it is all a part of their learning. The mistake from Peyroux was disappointing given the state of the game. With 2 mins to go we just needed to complete the set and go in 10 points up.

You can forgive the team for being clunky in attack given that there have been no reserve rugby and little training with that combination of players. Coote/Fages/Lomax don't just show up on gameday and make things up on the fly, which our boys tonight pretty much had to do.

No player was shown up in that game and you would trust them all to come in and do a job when there is an opening in the full strength team.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Bizarre team selection, which may well have cost us the hubcap and, more vitally, the money it brings.

Should have staggered the resting of players; we'd have beaten Leeds and Salford with 3 or 4 first choice players missing.

Need to beat the scum now, and this fixture always seems to mean more to them than it does us.
    Agreed. If we don't finish top of this pish league then send Woolfe home with a P45. I really quite annoyed about it still and not with the players, with the shit tactics from breeze block head.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Great performance from the boys tonight. The usual mind boggling comments on here as usual.

It was a shame for both young wingers had game altering mistakes given they both had fantastic performances.

However you have to accept mistakes from young players, it is all a part of their learning. The mistake from Peyroux was disappointing given the state of the game. With 2 mins to go we just needed to complete the set and go in 10 points up.

You can forgive the team for being clunky in attack given that there have been no reserve rugby and little training with that combination of players. Coote/Fages/Lomax don't just show up on gameday and make things up on the fly, which our boys tonight pretty much had to do.

No player was shown up in that game and you would trust them all to come in and do a job when there is an opening in the full strength team.
    Thank you. Well put.

In The South Stand

Come the end of the game what is essentially a reserve team lost by 2 points. We could of won the game right up until the last minute. When we lose games I expect effort and to be in the contest right up until the hooter and we were. Lots of effort and some players may well of moved up the pecking order.

Can't and won't level any criticism at Dodd, he is very much still learning and would look a lot different in the full team. Still not seeing much from Welsby but I'm not writing him off as of yet.

Learning All The Songs

Don’t be ridiculous, they aren’t eight year olds that have to be told they played well so they don’t get upset. That mistake from Nisbet is ridiculous. First game or not, if you can’t score a walk in try with no one near you then you shouldn’t be playing professional Rugby League never mind for the Super League champions. Disgraceful error that could cost us the shield. Apart from that he was okay, Rizzelli on the other hand was nowhere near good enough. I doubt we’ll see either again beyond this season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Yes, A really enjoyable game with young lads showing they have the skill to play off the cuff. With the team we had out they can all hold their heads up. I thought Peyroux was unlucky with the PTB incident the guy from Salford was all over him when he was trying to play it. I like Dodd with ball in hand, but wished he had taken a split second to kick into space on the last.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Agreed. If we don't finish top of this pish league then send Woolfe home with a P45. I really quite annoyed about it still and not with the players, with the shit tactics from breeze block head.
    I'm still baffled how he thought Makinson needed resting.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I thought Dodd showed the odd glimpse of class mate. Playing behind a more senior forward pack i reckon he would shred teams.
    I agree. His play to set up the no try was class. Great vision

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection

Dodd looks totally comfortable . You can see he has got natural ability and flare , very impressed with simm , Eaves shown a lot of promise and Foster did a great job .

On a side note , We need to keep hold of Dom , not sure what he has left on his contract ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Don’t be ridiculous, they aren’t eight year olds that have to be told they played well so they don’t get upset. That mistake from Nisbet is ridiculous. First game or not, if you can’t score a walk in try with no one near you then you shouldn’t be playing professional Rugby League never mind for the Super League champions. Disgraceful error that could cost us the shield. Apart from that he was okay, Rizzelli on the other hand was nowhere near good enough. I doubt we’ll see either again beyond this season.
    These things happen now and again. He should not be castigated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    We said it Friday when he stuck with a full team selected against a weakened Leeds side, it's poor management of the schedule again. I won't go on about the coach but he's let us down again. This isn't a criticism about tonight's lads as they will all come on for it, some more than others but his management of the schedule leaves a lot to be desired I reckon.

I'm guessing he'll throw a curved ball in against Wigan that'll be difficult to fathom, let's see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Come the end of the game what is essentially a reserve team lost by 2 points. We could of won the game right up until the last minute. When we lose games I expect effort and to be in the contest right up until the hooter and we were. Lots of effort and some players may well of moved up the pecking order.

Can't and won't level any criticism at Dodd, he is very much still learning and would look a lot different in the full team. Still not seeing much from Welsby but I'm not writing him off as of yet.
    Me neither but his best game by a mile has been at centre. I can’t help but think he will be Lee Gaskell standard at stand off, a good footballer but lacking that yard of pace. That may or may not be good enough for some people but I think it will always stifle any handling ability. If he was safer under the bomb then he could be a Wellens type full back perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    I agree. His play to set up the no try was class. Great vision

Yeh mate you can see class even in just a couple of ball touches. Its a big step up from academy to this level but i think he will handle it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Me neither but his best game by a mile has been at centre. I can’t help but think he will be Lee Gaskell standard at stand off, a good footballer but lacking that yard of pace. That may or may not be good enough for some people but I think it will always stifle any handling ability. If he was safer under the bomb then he could be a Wellens type full back perhaps
    Had a good go the young lads. Can't ask any more.

Did anyone happen to have the misfortune of having to listen to the tripe spouted by Jack Dearden on Radio Manchester? Don't know what he's got against Saints him but it's borderline weird

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    So based on tonight you’re writing off their entire Saints careers?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Too many fickle fans on here tonight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Makes me laugh. Fans clamouring for Dodd to be given a chance and now apparently he’s not ready.

Forget the fact he had no Coote, Roby or Lomax playing with him. Yes he kicked poorly second half but overall he did ok, some great kicks. He has a great step and looked very composed at times.

Nisbet had an absolute shocker with that no try and Rizzelli had a shocker overall too. However under the circumstances that was a decent effort all things considered.

You have thrown two kids on debut under a bus, one of whom must be in the darkest of places tonight, yet other fans make you laugh? Dodd is not ready and will not be for a season or so which is why we must not underestimate the faith Lomax has in Fages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    He's dodgy under the high ball and lacks pace which will affect his ability to develop into any of the roles in the back line. I think you can develop a confident technique under the high ball with some focussed work but I reckon you have pace or you don't.

Overall I enjoyed the game and save for a couple of howlers caused by lack of clear thinking brought in by fatigue we'd have won it. I'll settle for it overall. Some lads didn't do themselves any harm at all.

Got A Replica Shirt

And now we know why woolfe holding back reserve players simply no better than the first team thought salford were criminal any aussie team would of hit 100 points against either team tonight absolute joke of a league, coverage ,refs honesty of players fitness etc .... totally robbed in this country from the very top to bottom .Making rules up as we go along letting certain individuals ruling our game weve regressed 30 years .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Dodd looks totally comfortable . You can see he has got natural ability and flare , very impressed with simm , Eaves shown a lot of promise and Foster did a great job .

On a side note , We need to keep hold of Dom , not sure what he has left on his contract ?
    My worry is that we offload Peyroux and bring in Thompson who turns out to be a dud Aussie signing like Perry. Probably me being a pessimist :/