Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Leeds

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Woolf said a couple of weeks ago that Paulo will be getting a game soon.
    Monopoly, Cluedo or Guess Who?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Monopoly, Cluedo or Guess Who?
    Where's Wally?

Looking forward to this one, Woolf has said that Doddy will be given more time in the coming weeks? Hope all goes well for the lad.

Just noticed that we have Moore as the ref and Thaler on video so we could go to 90 mins !

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Looking forward to this one, Woolf has said that Doddy will be given more time in the coming weeks? Hope all goes well for the lad.

Just noticed that we have Moore as the ref and Thaler on video so we could go to 90 mins !
    I hope it's not going to be a video ref a thon,looking at everything from 22 different angles 45 times over

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

I looks like Cuthbertson, who was not named in the Leeds squad, may not play for Leeds again.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54644706
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    I looks like Cuthbertson, who was not named in the Leeds squad, may not play for Leeds again.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54644706
    Been a good signing for them especially in his first 3 seasons at Leeds but not as effective lately similar with Fifita at Wakey.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Where's Wally?
    Pin the tail on the donkey?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Pin the tail on the donkey?
    Pin the tail on the Wally?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Been a good signing for them especially in his first 3 seasons at Leeds but not as effective lately similar with Fifita at Wakey.
    Yes he has. His first couple of years clubs couldn't cope with his offloads. Comes across a decent guy as well.

Woolf might see the game will develop into one with less intensity and if we go up by quite a few scores he will probably pull off the likes of Walmsley, Roby, Lomax or Coote and resign them to the bench.
    Yes I agree that us the way he thinks. Get the game won and then if possible rev down.

I would go with Simm for Leeds, Welsbys versatility would be useful versus Salford.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

If most people on here were coach we would put out an average team vs Leeds and lose. We would then have injuries due to getting in an unnecessarily intense game vs Leeds. Have to play a weakened team vs Salford anyway. Lose again sending pie sports pundits into orgasm. We then have to play Wigan, who are fresh having had an unfortunate "COVID outbreak" leading to the postponement of their middle game, and lose three in a row.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

We should get a top 4 place confirmed then play with the squad.we should do what other clubs have done and try to avoid travelling to France.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Woolf said a couple of weeks ago that Paulo will be getting a game soon.
    Yep, they’re having a “Hungry Hippo’s” tournament at Training next week......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    We should get a top 4 place confirmed then play with the squad.we should do what other clubs have done and try to avoid travelling to France.
    Top spot. Get the shield, then and only then look to the playoffs.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    If most people on here were coach we would put out an average team vs Leeds and lose. We would then have injuries due to getting in an unnecessarily intense game vs Leeds. Have to play a weakened team vs Salford anyway. Lose again sending pie sports pundits into orgasm. We then have to play Wigan, who are fresh having had an unfortunate "COVID outbreak" leading to the postponement of their middle game, and lose three in a row.
    alternatively AW plays but strains a hamstring in 2nd half, JR dislocates thumb going into a try saving tackle and JL fails a head injury assessment after a clumsy tackle. Saints win by 24 points. Both yours and my scenario are clearly hypothetical I'd suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Play the strongest team we can, maybe with a young bench. If we are fit and well, get the win, bank the points then we can think about rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    alternatively AW plays but strains a hamstring in 2nd half, JR dislocates thumb going into a try saving tackle and JL fails a head injury assessment after a clumsy tackle. Saints win by 24 points. Both yours and my scenario are clearly hypothetical I'd suggest.

Woolf is making his judgement on a game to game basis, I don't think you can operate on a "what if injured" scenario, he has already mentioned the team is fit and healthy so there is no reason to rest anyone until the next game comes around against Salford. Historically its usually the 3rd game in a week when the performance drops off and niggly injuries manifest.

Woolf is making his judgement on a game to game basis, I don't think you can operate on a "what if injured" scenario, he has already mentioned the team is fit and healthy so there is no reason to rest anyone until the next game comes around against Salford. Historically its usually the 3rd game in a week when the performance drops off and niggly injuries manifest.
    It's a view I respect, simply suggesting there are alternatives. Difference is we're speculating while his CV depends on it so that's why I assume he is ultra conservative in his selections and style of play. I don't enjoy it though, having said that I'm not too bothered about how things pan out in the grand scheme of things as we've plateaued anyway, can't truly get up for it.

It's a view I respect, simply suggesting there are alternatives. Difference is we're speculating while his CV depends on it so that's why I assume he is ultra conservative in his selections and style of play. I don't enjoy it though, having said that I'm not too bothered about how things pan out in the grand scheme of things as we've plateaued anyway, can't truly get up for it.

I think get the Leeds-Salford-Wigoon games over with we might see a clearer picture on what options might become available to us. On the other thread we might not be playing Catalans for instance.

You missed out Kyle Amor runs in a 100m try and then gets hit on the head with a piano.

My point was that trying to be too smart with team selection can backfire. Just look at Steve Price at Warrington last year. He rested players before and after the cup because Wire had a nice buffer. Then suddenly they lost to Wigan and dropped down the table. They lost second spot and any kind of momentum.

Lets get the point on the league table as quick as possible then mess around

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Spot on. Home or Away has little impact the way things stand. It would be good to get as weak a team as possible but give the percentages it is hard to see if the final table will be a fair representation. Winning the hubcap would be a bonus but not the priority.

Beating Leeds in 5th is a good way to get here. They would have 3 more loses than us with 7 games to go. Its a good one to bank.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Pin the tail on the Wally?
    That combination sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    You missed out Kyle Amor runs in a 100m try and then gets hit on the head with a piano.

My point was that trying to be too smart with team selection can backfire. Just look at Steve Price at Warrington last year. He rested players before and after the cup because Wire had a nice buffer. Then suddenly they lost to Wigan and dropped down the table. They lost second spot and any kind of momentum.

Lets get the point on the league table as quick as possible then mess around
    The reality is in this crazy season is that KA could well run in that try. We all know what the coach will do anyway don't we.

I think get the Leeds-Salford-Wigoon games over with we might see a clearer picture on what options might become available to us. On the other thread we might not be playing Catalans for instance.
    Yes I posted yesterday that the cycling Giro d'Italia due to loop into France today but changes in France blocked it. Catalans could well have ended their season already I suppose

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Batchelor Simm and Smith all in the 17. Looks a good mix of experience and youth.
    Just noted, Jammer not selected
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 23rd October 2020 at 19:07. Reason: Jammer