Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Man of Steel Points so far

Learning All The Songs

Default Man of Steel Points so far

1. A. Sezer Giants 19
    2. P. McShane Tigers 18
    3. L. Coote Saints 13

I'll say it again the current system to pick the MOS is flawed. If you a good player in a shit side you going to pick up points every week leading to an unbalanced points system.

Coote for instance has a far harder chance to pick up full points in a squad that has better players every week.

Sezer at Huddesfield has played well but better than Walmsley/Roby and Coote this year?

Got A Season Ticket

I wonder if that is the point of the current system: to give clubs which have little chance of a trophy something to shout about?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Man of Steel Points so far

It’s actually changed now to points earned by the player divided by number of games their club has played (clubs must play a minimum of 15 games for one of their players to be eligible).

The points list on the article below doesn’t include this week’s points so I think Coote might actually be top of the leaderboard now.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...GCL4Do1Siem9sk
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    1. A. Sezer Giants 19
    2. P. McShane Tigers 18
    3. L. Coote Saints 13

I'll say it again the current system to pick the MOS is flawed. If you a good player in a shit side you going to pick up points every week leading to an unbalanced points system.

Coote for instance has a far harder chance to pick up full points in a squad that has better players every week.

Sezer at Huddesfield has played well but better than Walmsley/Roby and Coote this year?
    Sezer has had a decent season, but any good player would stand out at Hudds. Mc Shane compared to Coote is like comparing a tub of lard to Rolls Royce.

Banned

It's rubbish, and totally devalues the competition. I think it's designed to prevent one club dominating the nominations if they have a barnstorming season. But that doesn't reflect the true position of who the best players have been. The worst case is when the two or three best players in the comp have all been at one club, and their points are shared meaning they miss out on the top 3 to players who have stood out for lesser teams.

Learning All The Songs

Huddesfield & Sezer won 7 and lost 8 games - 46% win ratio

Castleford & McShane Won 5 and Lost 9 games - 35% win ratio

If that's our best players in Superleague on that form it stinks either could win. Needs looking at this points lark.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Huddesfield & Sezer won 7 and lost 8 games - 46% win ratio

Castleford & McShane Won 5 and Lost 9 games - 35% win ratio

If that's our best players in Superleague on that form it stinks either could win. Needs looking at this points lark.
    If they were going to use a system like that then surely it would have been better to have used the number of games that the player has actually played in. Didn't Coote miss a couple at the beginning of the season?

Subject to a minimum number of games of course.

Learning All The Songs

Surely the final league standings need to be taken in to consideration, the likes of Sezer and McShane may well be having good seasons, but look at where their teams are, they dont have a chance of finishing in the top 4. To me the Man of Steel should be as close to the best teams best player as possible and there probably should be a weighting on the points given based on the teams league position.

Got A Season Ticket

To me, the MOS should be a player that, given the chance, every one of the other teams would clammer to sign if they became available. I can’t really say that for either McShane or Sezer, but would definitely for Coote.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    To me, the MOS should be a player that, given the chance, every one of the other teams would clammer to sign if they became available. I can’t really say that for either McShane or Sezer, but would definitely for Coote.
    To your point it may therefore be better to stop this points system and give all of the players and coaches a vote each? Other sports do similar. Still open to manipulation but in general difficult to argue with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Surely the final league standings need to be taken in to consideration, the likes of Sezer and McShane may well be having good seasons, but look at where their teams are, they dont have a chance of finishing in the top 4. To me the Man of Steel should be as close to the best teams best player as possible and there probably should be a weighting on the points given based on the teams league position.
    You would think league standing and the related quality in getting towards the top tier would have some weighting. Also when you look at Coote his stats are quite outstanding across the range compared to other contenders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    To your point it may therefore be better to stop this points system and give all of the players and coaches a vote each? Other sports do similar. Still open to manipulation but in general difficult to argue with.

Isn’t that how it used to be but certain team’s players openly took the •••• and took pleasure in doing so .

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    Isn’t that how it used to be but certain team’s players openly took the •••• and took pleasure in doing so .
    Yes I think so but I still think there's legs in it maybe with odd tweaks?