Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corona..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    And we all thought that Wire would be the ones to manipulate the % win system
    When it comes to anything underhand signing drug cheats, knowingly breaking the SC etc, Wigan never let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    First of all I hope all those who have tested positive are ok (one of them is a friend of mine)
    The reason that they can't play tomorrow is that the entire squad have had to be retested and the results won't be known until Friday, hence why they are hoping to get the game played on Sunday.
    I hope for Cats sake and the integrity of the league table it does happen on Sunday

Learning All The Songs

Sale forfeited a game due to their high positive test rate surely this should be done here?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

First of all I hope all those who have tested positive are ok (one of them is a friend of mine)
    The reason that they can't play tomorrow is that the entire squad have had to be retested and the results won't be known until Friday, hence why they are hoping to get the game played on Sunday.
    I don't know anything about the RL re-testing criteria, but with games coming thick and fast now, this sort of thing is going to happen more often.
    Is there enough flexibility out there to manage this? I guess the % win thing is a start, but is that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I don't know anything about the RL re-testing criteria, but with games coming thick and fast now, this sort of thing is going to happen more often.
    Is there enough flexibility out there to manage this? I guess the % win thing is a start, but is that enough?
    I think it’ll have to be. I can’t see any other option other than extending the season further, which I don’t think would be a good idea. IMO we just have to accept that this is an imperfect season in all sorts of ways, get it done and then (hopefully) get back to something approaching normality next year.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    Genuine question then, are you advocating that if a club has 17 players clear & fit to play then they either play or forfeit? Might be impossible to police especially the injuries bit but I don't know the intricacies of the rules surrounding squad numbers or replacements so I'm personally struggling to see how this would work not being familiar with your example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t know to be honest. Maybe there should be new guidelines brought in where if a certain percentage of your squad are unavailable due to Covid then you forfeit, depending on whether there is the possibility of rescheduling. I was using the Wasps example as someone had mentioned it possibly affecting a final in our sport. They’re 9 days out from a final and can’t train at the moment and don’t know whether they’ll be allowed to compete yet. The way it’s being managed in a lot of sports at the moment is hope for the best and deal with the problems if and when they occur.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think it’ll have to be. I can’t see any other option other than extending the season further, which I don’t think would be a good idea. IMO we just have to accept that this is an imperfect season in all sorts of ways, get it done and then (hopefully) get back to something approaching normality next year.
    I don't even know if extending the season is now an option as I don't know how flexible SKY would be. I would imagine them wanting the GF on a particular date, just to fit in with the rest of their schedules.
    I've no idea what the BBC would demand if Leeds or Salford were to test positive in numbers before Saturday!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I don’t know to be honest. Maybe there should be new guidelines brought in where if a certain percentage of your squad are unavailable due to Covid then you forfeit, depending on whether there is the possibility of rescheduling. I was using the Wasps example as someone had mentioned it possibly affecting a final in our sport. They’re 9 days out from a final and can’t train at the moment and don’t know whether they’ll be allowed to compete yet. The way it’s being managed in a lot of sports at the moment is hope for the best and deal with the problems if and when they occur.
    Fair enough

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Off course that fact it was away and they didn’t fancy another loss on their record has nothing to with this . As so the table manipulation begins.
    This was always going to happen. It was so predictable that a top four deciding fixture like this , where one team didn't fancy it, was going to go west. I'd have put real money on the Pies to be the first to cancel, quelle surprise!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Any chance of having to forfeit the game and the Pie scum would have dug up a team from somewhere.

Wigan, the perennial cheats.
    17 pairs of soiled shorts available as Wigan don't fancy it v Catalan........
    Where have I seen something similar to that I wonder??
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

If the whole Wigan team are retested tomorrow they will surely have 17 players ready to go at the weekend. We can’t allow teams to not play if they have a handful of first teamers out with Covid cases after we’ve already allowed multiple teams to play severely weakened sides and effectively throw league games for multiple reasons in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Any chance of having to forfeit the game and the Pie scum would have dug up a team from somewhere.

Wigan, the perennial cheats.
    17 pairs of soiled shorts available as Wigan don't fancy it v Catalan........
    Where have I seen something similar to that I wonder??
    You missed the humble pie for 42-0
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    If the whole Wigan team are retested tomorrow they will surely have 17 players ready to go at the weekend. We can’t allow teams to not play if they have a handful of first teamers out with Covid cases after we’ve already allowed multiple teams to play severely weakened sides and effectively throw league games for multiple reasons in the last few weeks.
    It only seems correct and reasonable as you suggest however what if they send their whole squad for tests and say they can't play pending results? I'm assuming it would then be scrubbed not forfeited.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

What a farce of a club. Wakefield have put out heavily depleted teams week in, week out and got on with it then you get this 'big club' who can't fulfill a fixture. This was always going to be the problem with a percentage table. It's open to manipulation. As has been said, they'd have turned up for the cup final had they got there for sure. Perineal chests of the highest order

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Of the three staff who have tested positive, by an independent body, at least two of them would have close contact with all of the players, that's why the retests have to be done. If the tests come back clear then maybe Sunday is possible but that will depend on what happens with travel arrangements for Catalan.
    As for not wanting to play, Wigan beat Catalan on their home turf about four weeks ago and the squad due to play tonight was good enough to beat Wire last week.

So right so many people said Wigan would the first club to test it. Honestly did anyone expect anything different. It is Wigan..

Of the three staff who have tested positive, by an independent body, at least two of them would have close contact with all of the players, that's why the retests have to be done. If the tests come back clear then maybe Sunday is possible but that will depend on what happens with travel arrangements for Catalan.
    As for not wanting to play, Wigan beat Catalan on their home turf about four weeks ago and the squad due to play tonight was good enough to beat Wire last week.
    I'll get the open top bus parade set up.

You're big game bottle jobs under Lam. Just like we were for years.

Banned

We should be keeping at least 1 in the bank. If they want to start these games then we should play by the same rules, I couldn't really give a toss about this season anymore.

Dragons were still training yesterday, expecting the game to be on.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I couldn't really give a toss about this season anymore.
    I kind of agree. It’s playing games for the sake of it and keeping the game afloat. We have to do it, but I’m not bothered about any of it other than the Saints games and the showpiece games. I’ll watch the Final on Saturday but it’ll be a hollow soulless affair. Everything has a giant asterisk attached to it, and knowing that this will all come to a conclusion at an empty Old Trafford depresses me really.

On the other hand, I tend to ignore the Australian game except for big games and the end of the season, but I’ve found myself really enjoying and investing in their Finals games. Simple reason really, there are crowds, atmosphere and it all seems a lot more valid and worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Dragons were still training yesterday, expecting the game to be on.
    It's still showing as on at Flashscore strangely.

London move to Tier2 on Friday apparently, fake uproar as they won't behave any differently as lots arguing about the fake numbers. Analysis showing RTA and others causals being included in the numbers presented as Coronavirus (as in flu) not now using the term COVID-19

Banned

CHEATS! Always have been always will be. TESCO! Every little helps.

To be fair to Wigan they are pushing to play on Sunday. They would have played tomorrow but Catalan can’t get a flight.

It’s the timings and incubation periods of the testing that is causing the problems. It’s down to the RFL now to ratify Sunday’s game (and Catalan being able to fly)

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    To be fair to Wigan they are pushing to play on Sunday. They would have played tomorrow but Catalan can’t get a flight.

It’s the timings and incubation periods of the testing that is causing the problems. It’s down to the RFL now to ratify Sunday’s game (and Catalan being able to fly)

Don't go talking sense on here, it'll spoil a good conspiracy theory!!

Wigan didn't call the game off, The RFL did.