Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corona..

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    I am very worried that the players could pick up Covid if they do play at Catalans. Chris Chester has openly stated that the players in his team who had positive tests for Covid picked it up against Catalans.
    The Wigan game didnÂ’t go ahead, now Cats v Hull is cancelled and Cats v Wolves is very doubtful. Also Leeds refused to play there earlier in the season!
    If the Wolves game is also cancelled then Cats will not have had a game since Oct 9 when Saints are due to play there on Nov 5th. In that same period of time Saints will have played 5 matches (Wakey x 2, Leeds, Salford and Wigan). You tell me thatÂ’s equitable!
    If this scenario does happen then I think Saints players would have every right to forfeit the game on the basis of protecting themselves and their families! They get a walkover and Saints stay safe and have a rest!
    IÂ’d like to see the RFL response to that!
    This is exactly why I said it was all a farce in the first place & I got pulled apart on the thread.

I know plenty of home & away Saints fans & not one of is bothered about this season. Once Wire beat us in the cup, it was season over as far as I'm concerned.

Starting A Programme Collection

I got slated as well, so out of top 4/5 clubs if warr gets pulled saints would be the only team who would have travelled to Catalans., ????? . Not on ...

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    I got slated as well, so out of top 4/5 clubs if warr gets pulled saints would be the only team who would have travelled to Catalans., ????? . Not on ...
    Precisely

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    This is exactly why I said it was all a farce in the first place & I got pulled apart on the thread.

I know plenty of home & away Saints fans & not one of is bothered about this season. Once Wire beat us in the cup, it was season over as far as I'm concerned.
    Very similar for me, I think that's why I'd prefer to get more squad experimentation under our belts now while we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

Yeah, the Wire cup tie has been the only game that I’ve been emotionally invested in to be honest. I’ve been more into watching NRL games because they’ve had crowds and it seems more normal, despite it not being. I’ve watched pretty much all the NRL Finals whilst I’ve not watched a single league game here not involving Saints. I watched the Cup SFs and Final because it was a short sharp conclusion to the Cup and the games meant a bit, but watching a league game not involving Saints has held no appeal for me, and half the time I read the scores in the paper having not known which games were on the night before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    is that still going? It got a right going over around 1995 before our challenge cup game. Vividly recall someone pulling their foot out of a bass drum after giving it a royal welly...

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    Not true.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-le...%20home%20side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Catalan have just released a statement saying because of their governments restrictions, they may not be able to complete the season, so does that mean their results and all league placings go the way of Toronto

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Catalan have just released a statement saying because of their governments restrictions, they may not be able to complete the season, so does that mean their results and all league placings go the way of Toronto
    It would help Leeds and Hull if they did as Catalan beat them both.

Conspiracy theories at the ready.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

If they do void the games then there would be a 10 team league meaning an 18 game season which should be achievable and get rid of the %age system.

Wasps RU have been decimated with the corona virus, may have to play a B team........

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Wasps RU have been decimated with the corona virus, may have to play a B team........
    Apparently, the beaten semi-finalists, Bristol, would have stepped in if Wasps couldn't play. That sounds a bit like the groom marrying the bridesmaid if the bride didn't turn up!
    Do we have any similar plans in place?
    I'm not sure how I'd feel id Saints were part of something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Apparently, the beaten semi-finalists, Bristol, would have stepped in if Wasps couldn't play. That sounds a bit like the groom marrying the bridesmaid if the bride didn't turn up!
    Bit awkward if the bridesmaid is the groom's sister! cue remarks about various locations

In The South Stand

It really will be an asterisk final with a sense of a hollow victory if Exeter (I think) win. Obviously if under strength Wasps win it will be on the main news as the greatest sporting victory ever!

ItÂ’s not a great season this and as I said previously, I got no sense of joy when we beat Wigan. If we win the Grand Final I may feel better but am not sure.

I watched a report about Wasps being able to play on the West Midlands BBC News. It suggested that they were delighted at the prospect of being able to play in the final. It also suggested only 4 first choice players would be out but didnÂ’t expand further.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Bit awkward if the bridesmaid is the groom's sister! cue remarks about various locations
    It was apparently a historic reason for having bridesmaids, if the bride didn't show.
    I was best man at a mates (a big Saints fan) wedding a few years back. Both his daughters were bridesmaids...And my speech mentioned exactly what you're eluding to!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

All the Bristol fans on social media were saying it shouldn’t have been allowed. General consensus amongst union fans was that if the game couldn’t be played then the title should have been awarded to Exeter as the team that finished 1st anyway. I don’t know what contingencies we have in place but I suspect moving the date of the grand final to accommodate Covid tests is more of an option in league. Doesn’t work in union because they have a whole line up of international fixtures starting this weekend and there are clearly defined windows in the season agreed by premiership rugby and the RFU to allow players to be available at certain times.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

I think we need to refer this our resident expert/bore.

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Wasps... Bee team, oh well, I tried

I read that & thought similar but I suppose it's as good as any other solution save for the 2 losing semi finalists playing each other again. They may prefer any easy option just to get the final played then move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catalans v Wire now cancelled on Monday. 2 more Catalans players test positive. They’ll really struggle now to get to 15 games.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Huddersfield v Cas now cancelled, Cas have 12 players with positive covid tests

https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...gers-cancelled

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Somewhere along the line, some of these clubs procedures are wrong

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Somewhere along the line, some of these clubs procedures are wrong
    It's an independent body who does the tests, same for all clubs I believe.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Which makes you wonder what the players are getting upto outside of training and playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

I suspect he means more that their day to day procedures shouldn't allow 12 of them to contract covid, rather than the test procedure being wrong.