Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Corona..

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    To be fair to Wigan they are pushing to play on Sunday. They would have played tomorrow but Catalan can’t get a flight.

It’s the timings and incubation periods of the testing that is causing the problems. It’s down to the RFL now to ratify Sunday’s game (and Catalan being able to fly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't think that's true.
    They have just announced that Wigan won't know the test results until Fri night or Saturday. That in itself is a farce. My daughter and son in law live in Singapore, he travels in and out weekly. Everytime he arrives back he is swabbed at the airport. He than has to isolate until he gets the results, this takes 8 hours. That is standard there is no charge nor favouritism. I find it hard to believe that Wigan can't pay for that type of service

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Don't go talking sense on here, it'll spoil a good conspiracy theory!!

Wigan didn't call the game off, The RFL did.
    Disgusting cheats. The RFL didn't call it off. You CHEATS refused to play. Other teams have played with very weakened teams. You Cheats are now looking at the percentages here. For a creature who hates the site you are always on here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

If the BBC report is correct that...

The Rugby Football League's multiple cases group will then advise Wigan - who are not scheduled to play again until Friday, 23 October against Salford - if they can return to training.

...I assume it’s correct to assume that this wasn’t a case of Wigan arbritarily calling off a game. If the RFL say they can return to training then the game is on, but if they say they can’t then the reasons for the original date being called off seem valid.

This appears to be different than a few players turning up with symptoms and being told to go home to isolate. If there is a chance it’s ripped through a squad and the staff, it is responsible to check it out.

I’ve been critical of Wigan and the RFL over the Jackson Hastings farce earlier in the summer where they all seemed to turn a blind eye to him breaking protocol then all seemingly then revealing it after the event. But I don’t see an issue here if this is actually a case of safety and not just a few players being able to be separated from the group.

In any walk of life we’d be all over an organisation that thought it had cases but turned a blind eye to it, and in all walks of life we’d be sympathetic to it if the organisation opted to step back and check. But because this is Wigan we’ve decided to be hypocrites. It may happen to Saints at some point, and we’d be praising the club for not risking the health of our opponents and the future of the rest of the season. Let’s see what happens today before we all go way OTT.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Disgusting cheats. The RFL didn't call it off. You CHEATS refused to play. Other teams have played with very weakened teams. You Cheats are now looking at the percentages here. For a creature who hates the site you are always on here.
    The RFL called the game off.

Wigan’s Super League match against Catalans Dragons has been postponed after three further positive Covid-19 cases.
    Three members of the club’s coaching staff have tested positive.
    As a result training has been cancelled and the RFL’s multiple cases group have cancelled the game.
    Wigan players tested positive for the virus last week, which has resulted in the spread being classed as an outbreak.
    That’s why the game has been postponed; the RFL’s rules state games can be postponed if there are seven or more Covid related stand downs, however, all of Wigan’s cases are confirmed, and not a result of track and trace.
    Wigan players are due to be tested again today.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-game-w...covid-strikes/

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    The RFL called the game off.

Wigan’s Super League match against Catalans Dragons has been postponed after three further positive Covid-19 cases.
    Three members of the club’s coaching staff have tested positive.
    As a result training has been cancelled and the RFL’s multiple cases group have cancelled the game.
    Wigan players tested positive for the virus last week, which has resulted in the spread being classed as an outbreak.
    That’s why the game has been postponed; the RFL’s rules state games can be postponed if there are seven or more Covid related stand downs, however, all of Wigan’s cases are confirmed, and not a result of track and trace.
    Wigan players are due to be tested again today.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-game-w...covid-strikes/
    Rogues - lesson of the week. Don't bite when a fan of another team makes a scurrilous and unsubstantiated claim about your team ��

Banned

Dom Manfredi was caught necking with a fat barmaid behind Swinley Labour club. Her name was really Geoff.

Banned

I thought it was Bri from Oral.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Quite correct the game CAN be cancelled, or like Wakefield, Warrington and others, you can play the match for the good of the game.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Dom Manfredi was caught necking with a fat barmaid behind Swinley Labour club. Her name was really Geoff.
    Did he get injured?

Banned

Just a BICEP pull Ralph.

Catalan v Hull now off because of COVID.Theres no way Catalan can fulfil all their fixtures now in time,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Wonder what's going on there with the protocols, Chris Chester just mentioned 4 people infected and reckons the source might have been Catalans. I can a conspiracy developing when Saints play Catalans we end up with 4 or 5 players out for 2 weeks picking up the virus from them.

It looks as though they can only get 17 games completed and would need to win all the remaining 5 games for a % rate of 76%. That gives them an advantage in that we would have to win 5 from our last 6 to get over 76%.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Catalan v Hull now off because of COVID.Theres no way Catalan can fulfil all their fixtures now in time,
    Catalan game v Wire next week also in doubt.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Something fishy going on here. So Catalans may write off games vs Wigan, Hull and possibly Wire..... 3 teams in the top 4 whose percentage won't drop should the games be void

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Something fishy going on here. So Catalans may write off games vs Wigan, Hull and possibly Wire..... 3 teams in the top 4 whose percentage won't drop should the games be void

And Leeds.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I hadn't realised until now that, in the event of a level table position, points scored 'difference' will also be a percentage thing this season.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article...ing%20by%20100.

Banned

One of the regular posters did mention points difference being vital this season. To be fair to Wire they played and took a risk on team selection whilst decimated by COVID and fortunately for them it worked. Most of us thought at the time Leeds should have forfeited the points for refusing to fly to France earlier in the season. Whilst in the case of blatant bending of the rules or some may say cheating by Wigan by refusing to play Catalans the same should have applied. But we know how the game is run.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post

And then play their last three games against a knackered Saints, Huddersfield, and Hull KR and finish on top of the league with 15 games,or are my maths wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    And then play their last three games against a knackered Saints, Huddersfield, and Hull KR and finish on top of the league with 15 games,or are my maths wrong
    Saints would have to win 4 of their last 6 games if Catalans only play 3 more games and win them all. I'm still a bit worried playing Catalans at their place and players coming back with Covid.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Saints would have to win 4 of their last 6 games if Catalans only play 3 more games and win them all. I'm still a bit worried playing Catalans at their place and players coming back with Covid.
    I am very worried that the players could pick up Covid if they do play at Catalans. Chris Chester has openly stated that the players in his team who had positive tests for Covid picked it up against Catalans.
    The Wigan game didnÂ’t go ahead, now Cats v Hull is cancelled and Cats v Wolves is very doubtful. Also Leeds refused to play there earlier in the season!
    If the Wolves game is also cancelled then Cats will not have had a game since Oct 9 when Saints are due to play there on Nov 5th. In that same period of time Saints will have played 5 matches (Wakey x 2, Leeds, Salford and Wigan). You tell me thatÂ’s equitable!
    If this scenario does happen then I think Saints players would have every right to forfeit the game on the basis of protecting themselves and their families! They get a walkover and Saints stay safe and have a rest!
    IÂ’d like to see the RFL response to that!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    I am very worried that the players could pick up Covid if they do play at Catalans. Chris Chester has openly stated that the players in his team who had positive tests for Covid picked it up against Catalans.
    The Wigan game didnÂ’t go ahead, now Cats v Hull is cancelled and Cats v Wolves is very doubtful. Also Leeds refused to play there earlier in the season!
    If the Wolves game is also cancelled then Cats will not have had a game since Oct 9 when Saints are due to play there on Nov 5th. In that same period of time Saints will have played 5 matches (Wakey x 2, Leeds, Salford and Wigan). You tell me thatÂ’s equitable!
    If this scenario does happen then I think Saints players would have every right to forfeit the game on the basis of protecting themselves and their families! They get a walkover and Saints stay safe and have a rest!
    The province that Perpignan is in has a similar population to Manchester. As of today they have 142 covid patients in hospital, Manchester has more than 400.

Starting A Programme Collection

The cycling Giro in Italy was due to link through France tomorrow Friday but have to change the course as blocked from France due to a lockdown. Don't know the scope of it but things could be changing over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I've already said, we've effectively got one in the bank and Catalan away is the game I'd use it for. I'm not bothered if that's cynical. It's clear other teams are playing the game and so should we.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Knowing that lot they would deduct us 10 points

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Is that still going? It got a right going over around 1995 before our Challenge Cup game. Vividly recall someone pulling their foot out of a bass drum after giving it a royal welly...