Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona..

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Corona..

Just been announced Catalan v wigan tomorrow night cancelled due to corona. ??????

Got A Season Ticket

Just had an email from Catalans confirming - due to Covid in the Wigan squad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Just had an email from Catalans confirming - due to Covid in the Wigan squad.
    Be interesting to see how many affected, and whether some shenanigans is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Be interesting to see how many affected, and whether some shenanigans is going on.
    There's a specific number to hit I believe before a team can opt to cancel, guessing 5/6 but not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Off course that fact it was away and they didn’t fancy another loss on their record has nothing to with this . As so the table manipulation begins.

Kew have all just said this. Fiddling in hell, expected something like it.

Got A Season Ticket

Here you go - courtesy of my French & help from Google translate...

Communiqué of the Catalan Dragons

The Super League match between Wigan and the Dragons, scheduled for Thursday, October 15 at Halliwell Jones Stadium, has been postponed.

The move follows a significant number of positive Covid-19 cases in the Warriors' workforce, which added to the 3 cases reported last week.

Wigan’s training scheduled for today has been canceled and squad and staff will be re-tested on Thursday.

To date, there is no time slot available in the calendar for the postponement of this meeting.

In total, out of the 591 tests passed within the 11 Super League clubs, 584 were negative and 7 positive spread over 4 clubs.

Catalan are really going to struggle to fulfil their fixtures now. They’ve played only 12.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Catalan are really going to struggle to fulfil their fixtures now. They’ve played only 12.
    Good point, if CATS drop out of the running Wigan go Top4 anyway.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Off course that fact it was away and they didn’t fancy another loss on their record has nothing to with this . As so the table manipulation begins.
    Catalan were the away team, this doesn't benefit them at all. Had Wigan won they would would have pulled clear of the Cat, Wire and Leeds, so it's not done them any favours either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It’s staff members (Lam included) who have tested positive.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It’s staff members (Lam included) who have tested positive.
    Yes, I believe they're waiting for further results on players tests coming back tomorrow to see if it can be played on Sunday.

Got A Season Ticket

As I was reading I was just thinking to myself "I bet they wouldn't pull the game if they were in the cup final", which made me think we're not out the woods yet, it could still happen to us.

Imagine getting to the GF and then getting a load of positive tests that week and half the team has to isolate. That'd be a truly awful way for anyone to end what is already a crappy season!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Catalan were the away team, this doesn't benefit them at all. Had Wigan won they would would have pulled clear of the Cat, Wire and Leeds, so it's not done them any favours either.
    If Wigan lost the game though (high possibility with a few players out) it affects their win percentage and would bring Catalans closer

From the outside it looks very convenient as both teams win percentage will stay as it is if the game cannot be played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    If Wigan lost the game though (high possibility with a few players out) it affects their win percentage and would bring Catalans closer

From the outside it looks very convenient as both teams win percentage will stay as it is if the game cannot be played.
    Exactly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    And wigan may have avoided a potential banana skin.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Wonder if our kick off time will change, so that Phil Clarke can get home early.

So all these players will have to isolate for 14 days ,so no matches for Wigan for 14 days. Funny after resting practically a full team against saints they found a team to play,, why can’t they do this against cats. Ho hang on. !!!!!!!!!

Banned

Wigan. The perennial cheats. Bankruptcy, manipulation of rules and thugby all in the masterplan.

Learning All The Songs

And we all thought that Wire would be the ones to manipulate the % win system

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    So all these players will have to isolate for 14 days ,so no matches for Wigan for 14 days. Funny after resting practically a full team against saints they found a team to play,, why can’t they do this against cats. Ho hang on. !!!!!!!!!
    It's a reasonable question now that a precedent is there front & centre.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by mr chips View Post
    First of all I hope all those who have tested positive are ok (one of them is a friend of mine)
    The reason that they can't play tomorrow is that the entire squad have had to be retested and the results won't be known until Friday, hence why they are hoping to get the game played on Sunday.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Corona..

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    As I was reading I was just thinking to myself "I bet they wouldn't pull the game if they were in the cup final", which made me think we're not out the woods yet, it could still happen to us.

Imagine getting to the GF and then getting a load of positive tests that week and half the team has to isolate. That'd be a truly awful way for anyone to end what is already a crappy season!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Wasps have just had 7 positive tests across players and staff ahead of the premiership rugby final next weekend. Scrambling now to arrange further testing to work out next steps as further positive tests could mean they forfeit the final, at the very least training has been cancelled for the week so that will affect their preparation. We’re seeing footballers testing positive on international duty and the potential of their teammates having to isolate on returning to their clubs. It’s not ideal but it’s something sport is just going to have to deal with as and when it happens for the foreseeable future.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Wasps have just had 7 positive tests across players and staff ahead of the premiership rugby final next weekend. Scrambling now to arrange further testing to work out next steps as further positive tests could mean they forfeit the final, at the very least training has been cancelled for the week so that will affect their preparation. We’re seeing footballers testing positive on international duty and the potential of their teammates having to isolate on returning to their clubs. It’s not ideal but it’s something sport is just going to have to deal with as and when it happens for the foreseeable future.
    Genuine question then, are you advocating that if a club has 17 players clear & fit to play then they either play or forfeit? Might be impossible to police especially the injuries bit but I don't know the intricacies of the rules surrounding squad numbers or replacements so I'm personally struggling to see how this would work not being familiar with your example.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    First of all I hope all those who have tested positive are ok (one of them is a friend of mine)
    The reason that they can't play tomorrow is that the entire squad have had to be retested and the results won't be known until Friday, hence why they are hoping to get the game played on Sunday.
    That sounds a logical outcome, I believe if they don't play Sunday then there is no suitable rearranging fixture date after that.