Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

Default Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I don’t agree with him playing at 2nd row and I think he’s wasted there.

However I agree with Woolf about the difference in intensity in the middle. You’ll naturally do more work with and without the ball at 13 than at 2nd row where you’d only normally be involved when the ball is on your side of the field. (I’m talking in a general sense as people obviously do move about a little bit). But strictly speaking your 8,9,10,13 will get through the bulk of the work, particularly defensively. You can sometimes go a full set of six without the 12,6,4 and 5 being involved for example, but you’d never get a full set of six without the “middles” being involved in some way.

In simpler terms, there’s more opportunity to have a breather and sit out a few tackles at 2nd row as opposed to 13. I’ve played both and I can vouch for this haha.
    Yeah, was going to post pretty much the same thing. Playing at 13 must take a greater physical toll than playing ‘on the edge’, as they say these days.

I don’t agree with it as a strategy either - if Knowles is fatigued then just give him a week off rather than upsetting the balance of the team for several consecutive weeks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yeah, was going to post pretty much the same thing. Playing at 13 must take a greater physical toll than playing ‘on the edge’, as they say these days.

I don’t agree with it as a strategy either - if Knowles is fatigued then just give him a
    week off rather than upsetting the balance of the team for several consecutive weeks.
    At least Woolf has stated its only a temporary thing and things will be back to “normal” for the run-in.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

I don’t agree with him playing at 2nd row and I think he’s wasted there.

However I agree with Woolf about the difference in intensity in the middle. You’ll naturally do more work with and without the ball at 13 than at 2nd row where you’d only normally be involved when the ball is on your side of the field. (I’m talking in a general sense as people obviously do move about a little bit). But strictly speaking your 8,9,10,13 will get through the bulk of the work, particularly defensively. You can sometimes go a full set of six without the 12,6,4 and 5 being involved for example, but you’d never get a full set of six without the “middles” being involved in some way.

In simpler terms, there’s more opportunity to have a breather and sit out a few tackles at 2nd row as opposed to 13. I’ve played both and I can vouch for this haha.
    I'll bow to your experience. Hearing worrying things in the backs typifying this coach and his approach to team selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    What do you fancy? Do you do 1st and last try with a couple of selections?

Yes, do both first and last. Usually back 4 players. Never back anyone with odds less than12/1.
    Two of my bets will be saver bets, probably robes and fages. Main Bet will be big Al and perhaps Johnny no 6.(forgot his name).

At least Woolf has stated its only a temporary thing and things will be back to “normal” for the run-in.
    It's as if he's purposely rocking the boat with his selections. It's obvious what should happen it will also open up more back line ball for our strike wingers if Tommy is ok to catch the ball.

Had some decent wins this year, all down to big Al.

I’ve backed Walmsley first try tonight but hopefully covered it by backing to score anytime as well. Small profit if just the latter but a lovely bonus if he scores first.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    It's as if he's purposely rocking the boat with his selections. It's obvious what should happen it will also open up more back line ball for our strike wingers if Tommy is ok to catch the ball.

Not sure if he’s deliberately rocking the boat as such but this particular switch isn’t one that’s necessary at all in my opinion. Play Knowles at 13 and use LMS/Bentley to spell him if needs be.

In tonight’s 17 we should have Bentley, Taia and Peyroux to cover 2nd row,
    Walmsley, Lees, Amor and LMS to cover prop,
    Knowles, LMS, Bentley to cover 13.

Absolutely no reason for one of our best players to be out of position. I didn’t agree with it prior to Woolf’s explanation and I feel no different having read it.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Not sure if he’s deliberately rocking the boat as such but this particular switch isn’t one that’s necessary at all in my opinion. Play Knowles at 13 and use LMS/Bentley to spell him if needs be.

Absolutely no reason for one of our best players to be out of position. I didn’t agree with it prior to Woolf’s explanation and I feel no different having read it.

Your thoughts on the saints -24 Giraffe? could we win by 40 do you think or another close one?

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Your thoughts on the saints -24 Giraffe? could we win by 40 do you think or another close one?
    This won’t help you but it could literally be anything tonight, depending on which version of ourselves turns up. Neither winning by 2 or 32 would shock me. For that reason I’m staying away from handicap betting on this one. If someone had a gun to my head I’d go Wakey +24 but with no real conviction I’m afraid.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

This won’t help you but it could literally be anything tonight, depending on which version of ourselves turns up. Neither winning by 2 or 32 would shock me. For that reason I’m staying away from handicap betting on this one. If someone had a gun to my head I’d go Wakey +24 but with no real conviction I’m afraid.
    Thanks, i am on Grace for regular season top tryscorer each way he's on 9 Handley on 12 could do with a hat trick tonight. Or he could do the usual and be invisible.....

Thanks, i am on Grace for regular season top tryscorer each way he's on 9 Handley on 12 could do with a hat trick tonight. Or he could do the usual and be invisible.....
    There’s a bit of a discrepancy with this. Was reading on twitter yesterday. Some people are counting tries scored against Toronto and others aren’t. Worth checking with your bookie.

Discussion here: https://twitter.com/martynsadler/sta...709701121?s=21

I've took it just for the hell of it but no conviction I have to say.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

not sure how they can pay out anyway when some teams playing more than others i presumed it would be void

It's just my frustration coming through I think. He's doing things not necessary ( for the worst) and not sorting the fundamental issues. I'm just so frustrated seeing his teams and how he sets them up, all of this defensive focus, safety first. Sooner he's gone the better.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

good news if thats the case Grace didn't score any v Toronto

I’ve backed Walmsley first try tonight but hopefully covered it by backing to score anytime as well. Small profit if just the latter but a lovely bonus if he scores first.
    Sounds like a sensible wager to me.

I reckon we’ll do that. I can’t see can’t see us completing at 15% or whatever it was for a whole half again. If our set completion is back up to a normal level I can’t see Wakey living with us, even if our attack is a bit one-note.

As long as Walmsley crashes over from 2 yards in the opening set I’m happy.

Default Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Sounds like a sensible wager to me.
    I've done the same with Walmsley probably kiss of death on it now.

Learning All The Songs

If wingfield does get the chance to play id imagine Batchelor will be a bit miffed, it’d also look as if he doesn’t really figure in Woolf’s plans.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Peyroux
    Dodd

Learning All The Songs

Strong team. Happy with that. Hope Dodd gets a run at SH with Theo giving Robes a rest at some stage.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Peyroux
    Dodd
    Many thanks

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Welsby
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

LMS
    Amor
    Peyroux
    Dodd
    Good looking team that. The big question is where will Dodds play? Dodds in for Roby or Fages to 9 with Dodds at 7? Either way looking forward to seeing Dodds
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies