Jungle Out There Banner
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 226 to 236 of 236

Thread: Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

  1. #226
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    A few seasons ago I would have got rid to be honest and that was pre KC.

    He been a bit of a late bloomer for me. The last few seasons he has been excellent value to be sure and turned into a really valuable member I suspect off the field as much as on it but lets not kid ourselves he's been outstanding for his full career with us because he was distinctly average for a number of campaigns.
    A quote I recall from LMS not long after Holbrook took over., "it's much easier running between players than running through them" speaks volumes regarding coaching.

  2. #227
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Much improved performance particularly in the first half . The spine was very mobile throughout which was relieving to see.

    Bentley simply incredible , i also think big Al is hitting his prime . We need both Al and graham to remain fresh for the semis as without either/or we could have some issues . When Al was off we are a little light weight especially without graham on .

    Much improved and certainly raised my spirits . Not seen enough of Dodd yet to see if Fage should be worried . However its a healthy position .

    From what I've seen of Dodd which is very little, I've been impressed. I would like to see him start and play the full 80 minutes to see what he can do and if he has any faults that need addressing. Hopefully he is the real deal. Regarding Theo, I rate him as a safe pair of hands, excellent defensively and an eye for the opening, a very reasonable replacement for Roby

  3. #228
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    659
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right. Ashworth has been written off it seems. Very close those two. I remember when Richardson was dropped Percy didnt fancy taking the goalkicking back. Luckily Coote had it in his locker.

  4. #229
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    3,870
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right. Ashworth has been written off it seems. Very close those two. I remember when Richardson was dropped Percy didnt fancy taking the goalkicking back. Luckily Coote had it in his locker.
    I fully agree regarding Leeds Cyprus. Really bad injury to come back from
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  5. #230
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,859
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right.
    Obviously given the injury he had last year.

    He'll probably need a full pre season and time. He's still only young aswell so not hit his best form. People will just need to be patient with him and accept he probably won't hit his best form this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  6. #231
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,000
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I would say Lees is a confidence issue, probably for the first time in his life he realizes his body is not indestructible.
    The Doctors who did the repair would have told him if he had not come to hospital when he did the outcome could have been grave and that is something that is on his mind, he is a young man.
    The injury is a complete fluke it happened to Shay Given when at Newcastle and he was back in six weeks, people are different.
    Matty has had a knock back and pyschologically he will need time as well as physically.

  7. #232
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right. Ashworth has been written off it seems. Very close those two. I remember when Richardson was dropped Percy didnt fancy taking the goalkicking back. Luckily Coote had it in his locker.
    Watched this weeks game again last night and picked up a couple of players to watch in detail, thought Matty Lees did OK much better than last week he seemed to be less hesitant on his approach to impact. He is still very limited with no tackle busts or offloads that will come later all he needs to do is bend that opposition defensive line, for me he just needs that extra 5kg maybe the off season would sort that out.

    All the saints players stepped up, if Matty didn't do that also, then like yourself it would be a worry, I expect to see Ashworth, Paulo and Batchelor with Matty and other front rowers to have a game off next week.

  8. #233
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,046
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Watched this weeks game again last night and picked up a couple of players to watch in detail, thought Matty Lees did OK much better than last week he seemed to be less hesitant on his approach to impact. He is still very limited with no tackle busts or offloads that will come later all he needs to do is bend that opposition defensive line, for me he just needs that extra 5kg maybe the off season would sort that out.

    All the saints players stepped up, if Matty didn't do that also, then like yourself it would be a worry, I expect to see Ashworth, Paulo and Batchelor with Matty and other front rowers to have a game off next week.
    I agree, he looked much more like himself even if his weight is still down. It did get me thinking during the game if he would be more effective running a bit wider or doing a few of those angled runs Walmsley sometimes does instead of his usual hari kari style.

  9. #234
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    4,573
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree, he looked much more like himself even if his weight is still down. It did get me thinking during the game if he would be more effective running a bit wider or doing a few of those angled runs Walmsley sometimes does instead of his usual hari kari style.
    He might suit him if runs in a similar way to LMS who is always looking for that half a gap, instead as like you say Matty trying to bludgeon his way through.

  10. #235
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,141
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Watched this weeks game again last night and picked up a couple of players to watch in detail, thought Matty Lees did OK much better than last week he seemed to be less hesitant on his approach to impact. He is still very limited with no tackle busts or offloads that will come later all he needs to do is bend that opposition defensive line, for me he just needs that extra 5kg maybe the off season would sort that out.

    All the saints players stepped up, if Matty didn't do that also, then like yourself it would be a worry, I expect to see Ashworth, Paulo and Batchelor with Matty and other front rowers to have a game off next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He might suit him if runs in a similar way to LMS who is always looking for that half a gap, instead as like you say Matty trying to bludgeon his way through.
    I thought Lees didn't look as hesitant going in with the ball. Still early days for him after that injury. I agree he would do much better trying to run at a gap, though defences don't always allow that.

  11. #236
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,046
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I fully agree regarding Leeds Cyprus. Really bad injury to come back from
    Wash your mouth out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •