Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    A few seasons ago I would have got rid to be honest and that was pre KC.

He been a bit of a late bloomer for me. The last few seasons he has been excellent value to be sure and turned into a really valuable member I suspect off the field as much as on it but lets not kid ourselves he's been outstanding for his full career with us because he was distinctly average for a number of campaigns.
    A quote I recall from LMS not long after Holbrook took over., "it's much easier running between players than running through them" speaks volumes regarding coaching.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Much improved performance particularly in the first half . The spine was very mobile throughout which was relieving to see.

Bentley simply incredible , i also think big Al is hitting his prime . We need both Al and graham to remain fresh for the semis as without either/or we could have some issues . When Al was off we are a little light weight especially without graham on .

Much improved and certainly raised my spirits . Not seen enough of Dodd yet to see if Fage should be worried . However it’s a healthy position .

From what I've seen of Dodd which is very little, I've been impressed. I would like to see him start and play the full 80 minutes to see what he can do and if he has any faults that need addressing. Hopefully he is the real deal. Regarding Theo, I rate him as a safe pair of hands, excellent defensively and an eye for the opening, a very reasonable replacement for Roby

Banned

I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right. Ashworth has been written off it seems. Very close those two. I remember when Richardson was dropped Percy didnt fancy taking the goalkicking back. Luckily Coote had it in his locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right. Ashworth has been written off it seems. Very close those two. I remember when Richardson was dropped Percy didnt fancy taking the goalkicking back. Luckily Coote had it in his locker.
    I fully agree regarding Leeds Cyprus. Really bad injury to come back from

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I am worried about LEES. Just does not seem right.
    Obviously given the injury he had last year.

He'll probably need a full pre season and time. He's still only young aswell so not hit his best form. People will just need to be patient with him and accept he probably won't hit his best form this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

I would say Lees is a confidence issue, probably for the first time in his life he realizes his body is not indestructible.
    The Doctors who did the repair would have told him if he had not come to hospital when he did the outcome could have been grave and that is something that is on his mind, he is a young man.
    The injury is a complete fluke it happened to Shay Given when at Newcastle and he was back in six weeks, people are different.
    Matty has had a knock back and pyschologically he will need time as well as physically.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Watched this weeks game again last night and picked up a couple of players to watch in detail, thought Matty Lees did OK much better than last week he seemed to be less hesitant on his approach to impact. He is still very limited with no tackle busts or offloads that will come later all he needs to do is bend that opposition defensive line, for me he just needs that extra 5kg maybe the off season would sort that out.

All the saints players stepped up, if Matty didn't do that also, then like yourself it would be a worry, I expect to see Ashworth, Paulo and Batchelor with Matty and other front rowers to have a game off next week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Watched this weeks game again last night and picked up a couple of players to watch in detail, thought Matty Lees did OK much better than last week he seemed to be less hesitant on his approach to impact. He is still very limited with no tackle busts or offloads that will come later all he needs to do is bend that opposition defensive line, for me he just needs that extra 5kg maybe the off season would sort that out.

All the saints players stepped up, if Matty didn't do that also, then like yourself it would be a worry, I expect to see Ashworth, Paulo and Batchelor with Matty and other front rowers to have a game off next week.
    I agree, he looked much more like himself even if his weight is still down. It did get me thinking during the game if he would be more effective running a bit wider or doing a few of those angled runs Walmsley sometimes does instead of his usual hari kari style.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree, he looked much more like himself even if his weight is still down. It did get me thinking during the game if he would be more effective running a bit wider or doing a few of those angled runs Walmsley sometimes does instead of his usual hari kari style.
    He might suit him if runs in a similar way to LMS who is always looking for that half a gap, instead as like you say Matty trying to bludgeon his way through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He might suit him if runs in a similar way to LMS who is always looking for that half a gap, instead as like you say Matty trying to bludgeon his way through.
    I thought Lees didn't look as hesitant going in with the ball. Still early days for him after that injury. I agree he would do much better trying to run at a gap, though defences don't always allow that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I fully agree regarding Leeds Cyprus. Really bad injury to come back from
    Wash your mouth out.