Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for Wakefield 15.10.20

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

IN: Wingfield
    OUT: Graham

1.Lachlan Coote, 2, Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Jonny Lomax, 7. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12, Dom Peyroux, 13. LMS, 14. Morgan Knowles, 15. Matty Lees, 16. Kyle Amor, 19. Aaron Smith, 20. James Bentley, 22. Jack Welsby, 23, Joe Batchelor, 26, Josh Simm, 27, Lewis Dodd, 31. Jake Wingfield

Difficult to predict at the minute. This is what I’d like to see:

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

Fages
    Amor
    LMS
    Peyroux
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    IN: Wingfield
    OUT: Graham

1.Lachlan Coote, 2, Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Jonny Lomax, 7. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 11. Zeb Taia, 12, Dom Peyroux, 13. LMS, 14. Morgan Knowles, 15. Matty Lees, 16. Kyle Amor, 19. Aaron Smith, 20. James Bentley, 22. Jack Welsby, 23, Joe Batchelor, 26, Josh Simm, 27, Lewis Dodd, 31. Jake Wingfield

Difficult to predict at the minute. This is what I’d like to see:

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Bentley
    Taia
    Knowles

Fages
    Amor
    LMS
    Peyroux

I suspect smith will see some game time after Roby did the full 80 last week . Perhaps Fage to hooker and Dodd in or vice versa.

Either way I reckon we will see a few changes this week .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    I suspect smith will see some game time after Roby did the full 80 last week . Perhaps Fage to hooker and Dodd in or vice versa.

Either way I reckon we will see a few changes this week .
    Woolf said Smith or Dodd will come in this week into the “14 role” so no doubt Fages will start. My team was more of what I want than as opposed to what I think he’ll do.

Woolf said Smith or Dodd will come in this week into the “14 role” so no doubt Fages will start. My team was more of what I want than as opposed to what I think he’ll do.
    My 'like' team would either start Walmsley on the bench or out entirely. I would like him to show confidence in his own decision making and therefore in Dodd and leave Fages out unless he's spelling Roby if he fancies him at hooker, preferably out though and have another forward. Clearly this won't suit everyone and I may well change my mind but then again I'm sat here not really influencing anything anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

In my opinion if Dodd comes in he needs to come on and play at half back and not hooker, Fages can go to hooker to spell Robes.

Also as mentioned Walmsley on the bench to play 15 mins only in the 2nd and 4th quarter.

Banned

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Lms
    Roby
    Lees
    Taia
    Bentley
    Knowles

Smith
    Amor
    Walmsley
    Peryoux

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    In my opinion if Dodd comes in he needs to come on and play at half back and not hooker, Fages can go to hooker to spell Robes.

Also as mentioned Walmsley on the bench to play 15 mins only in the 2nd and 4th quarter.
    Yes.

I have no issue with Dodd playing a few minutes off the bench at hooker. He needs minutes, get a few tackles in. If we are 30 points up why not give Lomax or Coote a rest and put Dodd in the halves.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

I think we might see Robes having a rest this week with Smith starting and Dodd covering from the bench.

As others have said, I’d like to see Alex on the bench and coming on for 2 15 min spells. He’s going to be burnt out if he doesn’t reduce his minutes.

We are much better with Knowles at LF and Taia starting. I think he’ll start Walmsley as he won’t want to risk going 10-12 points behind again

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    We are much better with Knowles at LF and Taia starting. I think he’ll start Walmsley as he won’t want to risk going 10-12 points behind again
    Absolutely- I think he’s going to go for the strongest possible starting 13, and will aim for an error free first 20 mins. He will not relish the thought of going behind again so I’d be surprised if he does anything other than what you’re saying as starting.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    I think we might see Robes having a rest this week with Smith starting and Dodd covering from the bench.

As others have said, I’d like to see Alex on the bench and coming on for 2 15 min spells. He’s going to be burnt out if he doesn’t reduce his minutes.

Walmsley unfortunately will have to do big minutes for us to get a win. With Jammer out, there is no chance either Walmsley or Roby can have a rest and us still win.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Walmsley unfortunately will have to do big minutes for us to get a win. With Jammer out, there is no chance either Walmsley or Roby can have a rest and us still win.
    I think we will again see LMS as Leader of the pack, he was superb last game. We all expect a big improvement in approach and execution if that happens then we can put the Walmsley cue on the rack so he does less minutes.

In The South Stand

I think we will again see LMS as Leader of the pack, he was superb last game. We all expect a big improvement in approach and execution if that happens then we can put the Walmsley cue on the rack so he does less minutes.
    Spot on. It's not too long ago that some on here were posting that LMS was just a "flat track bully" who went missing in big games. Then we had them saying that he was playing well for a new contract. I guess some just don't like the bloke. I think he's a huge asset to the team, illustrated to full effect in the Wakey game. His passion, drive and skill got us through that game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Agreed. Aside from the fact the Knowles is clearly our best 13, putting a prop at 13 puts a lot of strain on our rotation, as by the 30 minute mark three of our front rowers are knackered. Let Knowles do his thing at loose forward and rotate 2 props at a time (I'd go Lees/Walsmley; Amor/LMS, and when Graham is back I'd put him in for Lees).

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...trategy-louie/

He says here that Welsby will get a run this week but also said a couple of days ago that Smith or Dodd will play at 14. Will Fages/Lomax/Coote get a rest or Welsby come in for Simm maybe?

Banned

Behave yourself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Spot on. It's not too long ago that some on here were posting that LMS was just a "flat track bully" who went missing in big games. Then we had them saying that he was playing well for a new contract. I guess some just don't like the bloke. I think he's a huge asset to the team, illustrated to full effect in the Wakey game. His passion, drive and skill got us through that game in my opinion.
    I think he's a great player, a huge character, and by all accounts a great bloke. Deffo one of my favourite players.

But there's no escaping that a few years ago he wasn't playing well. That may have been the Cunningham Effect, but knowing the ability he had, it was frustrating.

For the past 3 or 4 seasons he's been fantastic and can't be criticised.

Some players, for whatever reason, just have pretty long spells where they are poor. Amor, Peyroux (when he first joined) spring to mind in recent years.

Should fans not be able to criticise players when they're having prolonged stinkers?

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think he's a great player, a huge character, and by all accounts a great bloke. Deffo one of my favourite players.

But there's no escaping that a few years ago he wasn't playing well. That may have been the Cunningham Effect, but knowing the ability he had, it was frustrating.

For the past 3 or 4 seasons he's been fantastic and can't be criticised.

Some players, for whatever reason, just have pretty long spells where they are poor. Amor, Peyroux (when he first joined) spring to mind in recent years.

Should fans not be able to criticise players when they're having prolonged stinkers?

A few seasons ago I would have got rid to be honest and that was pre KC.

He been a bit of a late bloomer for me. The last few seasons he has been excellent value to be sure and turned into a really valuable member I suspect off the field as much as on it but lets not kid ourselves he's been outstanding for his full career with us because he was distinctly average for a number of campaigns.

Banned

If we can’t beat the bottom team without those 3, then our squad depth isn’t as good as it should be.

Unfortunately this hits very near the truth without a major change of something that now seems entrenched. Wigan seem to have cancelled the Cats game which might have an affect on our fixture with them which needs considering.

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    If we can’t beat the bottom team without those 3, then our squad depth isn’t as good as it should be.

Then he needs a change in focus because if we repeat the last games performance it's a possibility. Wakey need to be a bit better and we need to be a bit worse for us to lose is the fact of the matter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    A few seasons ago I would have got rid to be honest and that was pre KC.

He been a bit of a late bloomer for me. The last few seasons he has been excellent value to be sure and turned into a really valuable member I suspect off the field as much as on it but lets not kid ourselves he's been outstanding for his full career with us because he was distinctly average for a number of campaigns.
    I agree, when he was at London he was more of a back rower, as was the flavour at the time, we decided to play him as an out and out prop and he got butchered a lot just driving it up.

Once he'd moved a bit further out, he was much improved

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    It is no coincidence that LMS (and others) improved massively since the KC era.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk