Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Lockdown

Well folks pubs are shutting again. For those whose only outlet is to watch RL out of their homes it's gone. I can still go and eat in an Indian or Turkish Gaff and have 10 pints before 10 PM.

After watching the northern region mayor's conference call it looks like the you know what will hit the fan next week. Steve Rotheram the Liverpool Metro mayor said that this area will go into Tier 3 lockdown from Wednesday next.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    After watching the northern region mayor's conference call it looks like the you know what will hit the fan next week. Steve Rotheram the Liverpool Metro mayor said that this area will go into Tier 3 lockdown from Wednesday next.
    The few pubs and club that I've been in since the last lockdown have done their absolute best to comply with all the conditions as have the vast majority of customers, I just hope that if St Helens figures improve we won't have to wait for the Liverpool City Centre figures to also improve because the mass testing of the students mean that won't be any time soon, probably a short reprieve in December, I really hope I'm wrong. That's the problem with our borough politicians deciding to link with Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    The few pubs and club that I've been in since the last lockdown have done their absolute best to comply with all the conditions as have the vast majority of customers, I just hope that if St Helens figures improve we won't have to wait for the Liverpool City Centre figures to also improve because the mass testing of the students mean that won't be any time soon, probably a short reprieve in December, I really hope I'm wrong. That's the problem with our borough politicians deciding to link with Liverpool
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroMayo...736320/photo/1

Rotheram has posted this to tell the media and any others that his area of responsibility is about 1.5 million others who do not live in Liverpool!

Banned

Rotheram has posted this to tell the media and any others that his area of responsibility is about 1.5 million others who do not live in Liverpool!
    We shoildn't be in the Liverpool.city region

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Tell you all that you need to know about the Liverpool City Region

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    'Lots of experts on this thread but Liverpool's figures are pretty irrelevant now considering St Helens has some of the worst levels of increasing new COVID cases in the North. Everyone wants to blame someone else but I fear as a country the UK is a disunited shambles. Poor leadership at all levels, dreadful communications and a widespread poor attitude by too many people (not all) to accepting rules and restraint for the common good.

https://www.wigantoday.net/health/co...2-2020-2441433

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    'Lots of experts on this thread but Liverpool's figures are pretty irrelevant now considering St Helens has some of the worst levels of increasing new COVID cases in the North. Everyone wants to blame someone else but I fear as a country the UK is a disunited shambles. Poor leadership at all levels, dreadful communications and a widespread poor attitude by too many people (not all) to accepting rules and restraint for the common good.

https://www.wigantoday.net/health/co...2-2020-2441433
    I understand that we have high level but what did the last total lockdown actually achieve, if 3months down the line we are in the same position.it was supposed to buy time to get testing and tracking in place, instead it was used to line the pockets of Tory friends.

If you believe the figures of £10bilion on the testing and track and trace, how far would that money have gone in improving the hospitals, care homes etc,but that would have been for the good of the plebs not the Tory friends.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I understand that we have high level but what did the last total lockdown actually achieve, if 3months down the line we are in the same position.it was supposed to buy time to get testing and tracking in place, instead it was used to line the pockets of Tory friends.

If you believe the figures of £10bilion on the testing and track and trace, how far would that money have gone in improving the hospitals, care homes etc,but that would have been for the good of the plebs not the Tory friends.
    The government have been too lenient with the public expecting them to behave themselves and stick rigid to the guidelines, all the partying in the streets and university resident halls is not one you want to see.

Also the testing, track and trace is still just symbolic to say we carry out more testing than any country in Europe, if the track and trace is not fit for purpose then its all futile.

Andy Burnham is getting on my wick now, he moaned for months that we were not quick enough to apply lockdown in the first wave, now the government is applying a quicker second wave regional lockdown he is moaning and mounting a legal challenge as though he is putting financiality a priority over fatality.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 12th October 2020 at 12:02.

Is this definite? I only ask because I’m sat in Kieltys in Manchester as I type, and wondering if I can finish my pint?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Is this definite? I only ask because I’m sat in Kieltys in Manchester as I type, and wondering if I can finish my pint?
    You have plenty of time, get another one in. Burnham was not saying much as far as the GM area was concerned, so it's wait and see. But Rotherham was adament that that is what he had been told. Beers and bog roll time at the shops.

You have plenty of time, get another one in. Burnham was not saying much as far as the GM area was concerned, so it's wait and see. But Rotherham was adament that that is what he had been told. Beers and bog roll time at the shops.
    I’ve drank it as quick as I can and gone to Atlas.

Today being “Grand final” day I’m on my pilgrimage across deansgate onward to Old Trafford :-(

Hi mate, hope all is well? It now look's like 'the genie is out of the bottle'! GM and Lancs will shortly join LCR. After the SAGE documents that said we needed to put the brakes on, 3 weeks ago! They did their best to blame our local LCR mayor's, but it's now apparent it's been a smear job! Once again from No 10, it's anybody but them!

Take care everyone, it's now going to get very tough, no matter where you are.

Banned

Hi mate, hope all is well? It now look's like 'the genie is out of the bottle'! GM and Lancs will shortly join LCR. After the SAGE documents that said we needed to put the brakes on, 3 weeks ago! They did their best to blame our local LCR mayor's, but it's now apparent it's been a smear job! Once again from No 10, it's anybody but them!

This government seems to run the country like they're on an election campaign footing. As we saw with the Referendum and the Dec 19 General Election, they are very effective in dog-whistle politics and [untruthful] propaganda to appeal to their 'base'.

What they seem totally incapable of doing is actually running the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    This government seems to run the country like they're on an election campaign footing. As we saw with the Referendum and the Dec 19 General Election, they are very effective in dog-whistle politics and [untruthful] propaganda to appeal to their 'base'.

Webbo, without fear of contradiction! I know what has been going on, but I fear, as I did when this virus hit us, it has not been treated as our biggest threat? Once again I must tell people this is the enemy to everyone. It's not not going away anytime soon. We've been led by donkeys for too long now. Let the people WHO really want to look after us get hold of this disaster before we lose everything including help from the EU.

Learning All The Songs

Someone on here said (It might have been you) Tories want to rule Not to govern.

Let’s face if is not as if people couldn’t have looked at Boris’ track record to see that he was an incompetent Buffon. Anyone who voted for him is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Someone on here said (It might have been you) Tories want to rule Not to govern.

Let’s face if is not as if people couldn’t have looked at Boris’ track record to see that he was an incompetent Buffon. Anyone who voted for him is stupid.
    I don't think it matters which party is in government these days, you get similar outcomes because social media effects the balance to govern.

Got A Season Ticket

He was voted in as well as a kind of entertainment value for a few years unfortunately a major incident arrived and he's not got a clue what to do

Yes I’m good, apart from that I should be in Malta on holiday hoverver COVID has killed that dream but I’m still off work using holidays.

I’m not sure what to think about it all now because the politics and the science soundbites are becoming so contradictory that no one under the age of 40 seems to really give a $hit

I would have thought a two week shut EVERYTHING except supermarkets and go into FULL LOCKDOWN would have been better than the 10pm curfew followed by 3 tiers at bat don’t come into effect until 5pm and they’re already looking at changing the whole thing!

Clueless isn’t a strong enough word.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Yes I’m good, apart from that I should be in Malta on holiday hoverver COVID has killed that dream but I’m still off work using holidays.

I’m not sure what to think about it all now because the politics and the science soundbites are becoming so contradictory that no one under the age of 40 seems to really give a $hit

I would have thought a two week shut EVERYTHING except supermarkets and go into FULL LOCKDOWN would have been better than the 10pm curfew followed by 3 tiers at bat don’t come into effect until 5pm and they’re already looking at changing the whole thing!

Clueless isn’t a strong enough word.
    Unfortunately "clueless" applies to everyone re Covid no one in the world has an answer for it

Will regional lockdowns work? No to many people travel to other areas for work and on business.

Will a short sharp "circuit break" work? No because as soon as it is over people will revert to normal and the rate will go up again.

A Vaccine? Don't hold your breath on that one

Have I got an answer? not a clue!!!

Default Sick

I'm sick of Boris lying Tory **** Johnson and his illogical restrictions, if it's so dangerous out there, why isn't everyone dead by now? Makes no sense at all, it flew across the world in a month, is not affected by any sort of weather, doesn't move in the wind, can read entry and exit signs, can tell shop assistant from customer, seeks out those with chronic illnesses and famous people, it's a medical Miracle. I don't know one single person who has it, has had it, nor anyone I've spoken with either know anyone. One of these pals sent me this:
    http://www.geminipress.com/GPDnlds/C...0Committed.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Unfortunately "clueless" applies to everyone re Covid no one in the world has an answer for it

Will regional lockdowns work? No to many people travel to other areas for work and on business.

Will a short sharp "circuit break" work? No because as soon as it is over people will revert to normal and the rate will go up again.

A Vaccine? Don't hold your breath on that one

Have I got an answer? not a clue!!!
    Lack of awareness, lack of common sense, stupidity, complacency by the general public is abysmal since we came out of the first lockdown.

You would think regional lockdowns would be the way to go, a national lockdown was always a measure to get a grip and take stock. Nothing wrong in locking down Lancashire + Yorkshire where the infection rate is high, other areas like Devon + Cornwall carry on as normal as possible and keep that part of the country economy going.

I don't think Public Health England and the scientific advisors really have a grip on what's best, they predicted 20,000 deaths and it hit over 40 000 deaths and don't forget it was the scientific advisors that wanted the delay period before a lockdown to protect the NHS but didn't protect the public from dying.

We were too optimistic about a vaccine being ready by the end of the year, that means we need longer time for the general public to be compliant on the latest restrictions, I think we have more chance of getting a vaccine next week on that one.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 14th October 2020 at 15:53.

Starting A Programme Collection

If we have another lockdown won't we simply end up in the same place we were in after the first one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Heaven knows pal. They seem to be saying what is forced to close down, mainly pubs the poor sods working in them will only get two thirds of their 9 pounds an hour. Don't know how Sunak gave his supporters 80% in March.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WalkieTalkie View Post
    If we have another lockdown won't we simply end up in the same place we were in after the first one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, we will. It'll just cripple the economy some more and make some more people unemployed and facing a very uncertain future.

It's a daft situation. They'd be far better abandoning testing and releasing everything. Rather than blow so much money on furlough and testing, invest it in hospitals and have a Nightingale operation to deal with Covid patients in each area.

Ruining the futures of so, so many isn't justifiable any more. People will die sure, but Covid will seem insignificant when in two years we have a 50% unemployment rate, daily riots and looting and widespread poverty.