Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know baiting Wigan and Wire is fun but

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Aye, same as plenty of punches. I'd drop RG like a nasty kebab the horrible old ••••. Cry about that soft lad.
    Is that in some kind of code you've not yet issued to me ?

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

The sooner Wigan and Warrington have zero chance of winning any competition is excellent imo.
    Delighted they both lost, with it being at our place making it even more satisfying too.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    FFS everyone, didn't I ask you to stay on the right side of abuse? All he said was that Catalans can't be discounted because they've got loads of home games left infront of crowds. How is that winding anyone up?

I have been on here a long time, I know a wind up when I see one, and RG has done plenty of them. I ignore them, but I never consider them to be anything other than a bit of a •••• take. Reacher is right that less older posters contribute on here now, and there is a reason for that. Can we all just step back from the keyboard once in a while and think before we type. We've done the Newton stuff, it was a careless post, insensitive and offensive, but he has apologised. If any of us had said it we'd have forgotten about it and moved on, like we've moved on many times before when other stuff has been said. How many of you have apologised for comparing a stranger to a child abuser or a convicted criminal on a public forum that kids could be reading?

As I've said, RG knows what he's letting himself in for everytime he logs on here. He is fair game for all the type of anti-Wigan language that you may care to use. But there is a limit, so again, stay on the right side of the line please. I come on here to have a bit of light-hearted chat, and there are some excellent posters on here that brighten up my day, have brilliant opinions and make me think. But once again I end up having to moderate a thread, and why? Because a Wiganer reckons Catalans have a top four chance. I've had enough of it, and I'm close to packing it in and leaving you all to it.
    It'd be a huge shame if one of the best, most knowledgeable posters called it a day through this.

I can't agree with you though re RG; yes, he is able to contribute really positively to this forum and add to the debate, and often does.

I don't even mind banter and ••••taking, it's what rival supporters do, always have, always will.

However, it's the CONSTANT derailing of threads, putting some Wigan bias on them, persistent trolling of posts that detract from a decent debate that I really object to. Could he not be given a warning that if he continues to do this, he will be removed, either temporarily or permanently? If you don't agree that would be a reasonable way forward, could you explain why not, as I'd like to know?

It may just be possible that lots of people who no longer visit / contribute to the board don't do so because of the many threads he deliberately spoils?

Just a thought
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    However, it's the CONSTANT derailing of threads, putting some Wigan bias on them, persistent trolling of posts that detract from a decent debate that I really object to. Could he not be given a warning that if he continues to do this, he will be removed, either temporarily or permanently? If you don't agree that would be a reasonable way forward, could you explain why not, as I'd like to know?

It may just be possible that lots of people who no longer visit / contribute to the board don't do so because of the many threads he deliberately spoils?

Just a thought

It's a great point. How many times does this happen? There'll be a good discussion taking place about, say, the youngsters coming through, with great input from those that have watched them. Then RG will chip in with some irrelevant crap about some piescum youngster that's highly rated. A couple will tell him to sod off because it's irrelevant to the discussion, a couple more will throw some metaphorical custard pies at wi*an. And then the discussion is totally derailed. I'm as guilty as anyone, but I try to only reply to him now to correct him when he uses lies to troll (like his "Leeds are more successful than Saints" claim). He does it to get a reaction; in his mind, an aggressive reaction seems to be as good as a friendly one... it's the attention he craves.

We should just ignore him when he trolls - but similarly, as Gray77 says, he's experienced in spotting when people are on a wind-up and knows when RG is trolling. Perhaps it would be an idea to quietly delete RG's trolling posts and leave the useful contributions he also makes.

Banned

It'd be a huge shame if one of the best, most knowledgeable posters called it a day through this.

I can't agree with you though re RG; yes, he is able to contribute really positively to this forum and add to the debate, and often does.

I don't even mind banter and ••••taking, it's what rival supporters do, always have, always will.

Just a thought
    This is absolutely spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    It's a great point. How many times does this happen? There'll be a good discussion taking place about, say, the youngsters coming through, with great input from those that have watched them. Then RG will chip in with some irrelevant crap about some piescum youngster that's highly rated. A couple will tell him to sod off because it's irrelevant to the discussion, a couple more will throw some metaphorical custard pies at wi*an. And then the discussion is totally derailed. I'm as guilty as anyone, but I try to only reply to him now to correct him when he uses lies to troll (like his "Leeds are more successful than Saints" claim). He does it to get a reaction; in his mind, an aggressive reaction seems to be as good as a friendly one... it's the attention he craves.

We should just ignore him when he trolls - but similarly, as Gray77 says, he's experienced in spotting when people are on a wind-up and knows when RG is trolling. Perhaps it would be an idea to quietly delete RG's trolling posts and leave the useful contributions he also makes.
    I actually had this discussion with someone yesterday, my mate was telling me about someone who has too much to say about nothing in particular and how it was annoying him. My advice was to tell the clown to shut his noise as some people are too stupid to realise they're talking utter guff. Now that most likely isn't the case here as it's pretty clear he comes on here at times to wind folk up. So fair enough, as Grey said, there's the rivalry aspect to it and that's fine but he can't expect not to get a reaction in that case. There's people on here with varying degree's of dislike for W***n, I tend to lean towards the Israeli/Palestinian type dislike and I make no appologies for that, it's a hatred as far as I'm concerned and it's clear it's the same for him with his pathetic signature on RLfans, the difference is, I don't go on there spouting crap. I'll say again though, I have no problem with fans of other clubs coming on here, BUT they have to realise that they will probably get a bit of stick when they play us and especially if you support THEM.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

...Perhaps it would be an idea to quietly delete RG's trolling posts and leave the useful contributions he also makes.
    A good idea, but it would be putting more pressure on the Mods, who I'm sure are getting a little sick of it all.

A while ago I use to post on the BBC RL site. They had a system where the original poster could delete any replies on their thread. I'm guessing that would involve some computer programme tinkering for it to be installed here, and may not be possible, but it seemed to work well.

Another suggestion is to give us a 'Yellow Card' and 'Red Card' emoji, and for us to just reply with these, rather than outbursts of abuse.

...Of course, there is always the 'ignore' function, but I get why people find it difficult to ignore something!

Learning All The Songs

Get rid of Rogues and you get rid of the problem. Quite simple really

Got A Season Ticket

Has anyone got any rough idea of when the play off semis are likely to be played.?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Just a thought
    My thoughts exactly. Some of the stuff said to him is OTT but he shouldn’t be allowed to derail so many threads, simple as that.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Colin View Post
    Has anyone got any rough idea of when the play off semis are likely to be played.?
    19th and 20th November.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Some of the stuff said to him is OTT but he shouldn’t be allowed to derail so many threads, simple as that.
    Agree

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I concur.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    I concur.
    The problem is when so many people bite, he gets lots of responses and the more posts there are, the better the website looks to sponsors. So would not expect to see him banned, but I wish they would just delete some of the crap he comes out with.

Banned

I agree anything regarding illegal activities with minors is out of order but as I've said, he makes his own bed with that.

That said, I'll reign that it in but as far as anything else goes, if he's winding folk up, he'll be getting both barrels within reason.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, RG along with 2 other piescum (Bazdev and Bold Miners) absolutely dominated virtually all threads on this board. Every topic was twisted into a goon discussion and the three of them took great delight in ensuring Saints fans couldn’t get a word in on their own forum.
    All 3 were banned and for a while there were hardly any posts on any subject, such was their overbearance. In other words Saints fans had left or stopped contributing because of them.
    After a month or so it started to build up again with genuine Saints fans and there was some excellent discussion and the occasional argument, but all Saints oriented.
    Since he was allowed back it’s been a steady, insidious and (my opinion) sly attempt to turn the Saints forum into another cherry and sh*te.
    I’ve no problems with genuine fans of other teams coming on here to join a discussion or debate- Wolfie being a good example with his usually balanced input. But I don’t want to read RG biased pie rubbish every time I log in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one thing, I hope they knock the stuffing out of each other tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post
    Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, RG along with 2 other piescum (Bazdev and Bold Miners) absolutely dominated virtually all threads on this board. Every topic was twisted into a goon discussion and the three of them took great delight in ensuring Saints fans couldn’t get a word in on their own forum.
    All 3 were banned and for a while there were hardly any posts on any subject, such was their overbearance. In other words Saints fans had left or stopped contributing because of them.
    After a month or so it started to build up again with genuine Saints fans and there was some excellent discussion and the occasional argument, but all Saints oriented.
    Since he was allowed back it’s been a steady, insidious and (my opinion) sly attempt to turn the Saints forum into another cherry and sh*te.
    I’ve no problems with genuine fans of other teams coming on here to join a discussion or debate- Wolfie being a good example with his usually balanced input. But I don’t want to read RG biased pie rubbish every time I log in.

Right. I remember them being banned it was a bit of a farce before they were banned. Wolfie comes on and will argue Warrington's corner, but he doesn't come on with snide trolls.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

How about we have a general RL thread then? Not Saints specific, just a thread to discuss issues within the game. If RG or whoever wish to post in that thread it is treated as fair enough, because it is not a Saints thread per se. If non-Saints fans wish to derail threads concerning Saints they will need to abide by the fact that there is a generic thread for them to post in. If they wish to give their opinions on Saints or Saints players, fair enough, but if they merely wish to post about their own clubs then do it in the general thread.

I will say though, if it’s the week of a Wire or Wigan game and we’re discussing those clubs, I have no real issue with any of their fans debating the game and offering their take on it, but in a normal week stick to the general thread if you want to discuss Wigan, Warrington, Castleford or whoever on a Saints forum.

Does everybody think this is a good idea? It allows this forum to still be a place non Saints fans can contribute to but allows it to be in one place, and allows Saints fans to discuss Saints issues without them turning into slanging matches with fans of other clubs.

Deal?

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Bloody hell, the three amigos Rogues, Bold and Bazdev. Bazdev really made me laugh he'd come across as friendly and diplomatic whilst hiding his talking up of Wigan as reasoned debate, he let his true colours show in the end.

I think it's just daft to remove a guy who's been with us for so long, but if it seems an issue to some posters, why not do a vote, either on line in the forum or by inboxing members of the site?

How about we have a general RL thread then? Not Saints specific, just a thread to discuss issues within the game. If RG or whoever wish to post in that thread it is treated as fair enough, because it is not a Saints thread per se. If non-Saints fans wish to derail threads concerning Saints they will need to abide by the fact that there is a generic thread for them to post in. If they wish to give their opinions on Saints or Saints players, fair enough, but if they merely wish to post about their own clubs then do it in the general thread.

I will say though, if it’s the week of a Wire or Wigan game and we’re discussing those clubs, I have no real issue with any of their fans debating the game and offering their take on it, but in a normal week stick to the general thread if you want to discuss Wigan, Warrington, Castleford or whoever on a Saints forum.

Does everybody think this is a good idea? It allows this forum to still be a place non Saints fans can contribute to but allows it to be in one place, and allows Saints fans to discuss Saints issues without them turning into slanging matches with fans of other clubs.

Deal?
    Didn't we try this or something similar a few years ago. Even if you have that I doubt it will stop some threads about Saints ending up discussing Wigan. To be hones I don't think you can avoid that, and sometimes that type comment are valid. I think it may be worth a try, but I doubt it's long term success.

Deal?
    Really don't know why he can't be told that every time he details a thread he's banned for a month. Three yellow cards and he gets a red and is banned permanently. That'd soon stop him.

Really don't know why he can't be told that every time he details a thread he's banned for a month. Three yellow cards and he gets a red and is banned permanently. That'd soon stop him.
    This! I don’t think many are bothered by opposing supporters contributing where appropriate, but he is just a troll who occasionally tries to look like he’s here to take part in a discussion. Most posters recognise what he is and are frankly fed up with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The problem is when so many people bite, he gets lots of responses and the more posts there are, the better the website looks to sponsors. So would not expect to see him banned, but I wish they would just delete some of the crap he comes out with.
    I fully agree, when I joined the forum in 2007 I told purple Brian and the other two gobshites (bazdev, bold miners) not to respond to my posts as I would not to theirs and I have been good to my word.

Purple Brian (don’t know who named him that but there’s a pint waiting for him/her) derails every thread and then cries like a little girl whenever he’s pulled up. Another poster talked about older members not accessing the site because of the name calling but I’m more put off by some aged weirdo banging on about some teenage boys he’s been loitering round.

Perhaps there’s a twisted old fruit from St. Helens who haunts the cherry and shite boring them into submission and derailing their threads. If there is, he’s a ••••ing oddball too.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    I fully agree, when I joined the forum in 2007 I told purple Brian and the other two gobshites (bazdev, bold miners) not to respond to my posts as I would not to theirs and I have been good to my word.

Purple Brian (don’t know who named him that but there’s a pint waiting for him/her) derails every thread and then cries like a little girl whenever he’s pulled up. Another poster talked about older members not accessing the site because of the name calling but I’m more put off by some aged weirdo banging on about some teenage boys he’s been loitering round.

Perhaps there’s a twisted old fruit from St. Helens who haunts the cherry and shite boring them into submission and derailing their threads. If there is, he’s a ••••ing oddball too.
    The point about posters not accessing the site because of the name calling was what I tried to refer to. When the 3 goon gobsh*tes were on here, hardly any Saints fans were posting because they had taken over. When they were banned you could log on after 3 days and find maybe 10 new posts.
    That changed for the better, but he is clearly still trying to change everything into a debate about them lot.
    Pure trolling, and he’s got away with it for a decade.