Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know baiting Wigan and Wire is fun but

Default I know baiting Wigan and Wire is fun but

I’ve enjoyed all the banter and maybe I”m being negative but I”d prefer they were both still in the cup.

I’d rather they were thinking about Wembley glory and the players were careful not to get injured rather than fixating on toppling us!

Wire in particular have been dreadful after appearing in their ‘second home’ (I laughed when I heard that too).

I think it’s going to be an eventful end to the season whatever. COYS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Given a choice between one of them winning it or neither of them I’d choose neither every single time.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
    I’ve enjoyed all the banter and maybe I”m being negative but I”d prefer they were both still in the cup.

I’d rather they were thinking about Wembley glory and the players were careful not to get injured rather than fixating on toppling us!

Wire in particular have been dreadful after appearing in their ‘second home’ (I laughed when I heard that too).

I understand your point but personally I'm glad they both crashed out. The Pies were emabarrasing and Wire now have to face up to the fact that the silverware they were fixated upon is not coming their way. I don't think they ever intended to be left chasing a place in the GF.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post

As a neutral I was pleased to see Salford win but with my Saint's head on I agree it could have been to our advantage if Wigan and Wire had been involved in the final.

They may have been more likely to drop league points either side of the final which may have helped us win LLC.

Banned

wi*an are very average and I don't fear them

Wire do seem to have a hoodoo over us in big games, and always seem to get a ref that's friendly to their tactics (persistent offside, feigning injury to 'buy' a rest for the forwards, etc) as well as luck.

Still rather them both be out. Just hope Salford can win - and I don't rate this Leeds side, either, so think they have a fighting chance.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    As a neutral I was pleased to see Salford win but with my Saint's head on I agree it could have been to our advantage if Wigan and Wire had been involved in the final.

They may have been more likely to drop league points either side of the final which may have helped us win LLC.
    At least we play the two finalists straight after Wembley. It's the away game at Catalan that will give a good indication whether we are to finish top or not.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Anybody giving Catalan a chance?

They have most of their remaining games at home in front of a crowd. I wonder what will happen to their home game v Leeds which was postponed when Leeds refused travel. No date for that fixture has been given yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

They have most of their remaining games at home in front of a crowd. I wonder what will happen to their home game v Leeds which was postponed when Leeds refused travel. No date for that fixture has been given yet.
    You still stalking us? After your remark regarding Newton/Millward I am shocked you have the Gaul. Your a disgrace in the eyes of many.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    You still stalking us? After your remark regarding Newton/Millward I am shocked you have the Gaul. Your a disgrace in the eyes of many.
    I think the stalking thing is the other way round, you very rarely comment on anything else apart from my posts, which is surprising after how much rugby knowledge you claim to have.
    I did explain my comments re Millward/Newton which of course came about after you brought Newtons death up, and have done so again on a different topic.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

If they keep winning and their percentage is good enough for the top 4 then there's no incentive to arrange this game, as long as they get 15 minimum in. Will be interesting if, say, Leeds need the win and therefore want to play but Cats don't.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Banned

I think the stalking thing is the other way round, you very rarely comment on anything else apart from my posts, which is surprising after how much rugby knowledge you claim to have.
    I did explain my comments re Millward/Newton which of course came about after you brought Newtons death up, and have done so again on a different topic.
    Get the message then that your input to the board is not wanted, no one cares about your team, your opinions or any other facet of your sad life. I don't give a shit if you "explained" what you posted, it was crocodile tears after you'd been called out and rightly so.

For anyone that doesn't know, this is typical RG, trying to make out he's hard done by when he gets called out yet again for some comment he made. Now •••• off once and for all you sad old odd ball.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I honestly don't see why people get so angry and abusive towards RG.

Does he troll on here and take the p*ss sometimes? Yeah.
    Does he contribute to the debate sometimes? Yeah.

I honestly don't see what he posted that was so wrong in this thread and people have flew off the handle at him. Just ignore him if you're that bothered by him or humour him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Get the message then that your input to the board is not wanted, no one cares about your team, your opinions or any other facet of your sad life. I don't give a shit if you "explained" what you posted, it was crocodile tears after you'd been called out and rightly so.

For anyone that doesn't know, this is typical RG, trying to make out he's hard done by when he gets called out yet again for some comment he made. Now •••• off once and for all you sad old odd ball.
    And here's another one who hangs onto my every word, even to the point of cutting and pasting a post from another forum (RL Fans). I'm deeply flattered.

Banned

And here's another one who hangs onto my every word, even to the point of cutting and pasting a post from another forum (RL Fans). I'm deeply flattered.
    I don't though, do I? I've defended you in the past you silly old duffer but you only see people having a dig at you as clearly that's all that you want. I had a quick look at another forum I'm not, and have no wish to be registered to (unlike someone else) and seen your stupid post, and yes, I thought I'd get a cheap laugh at it but you still put in the public domain. You want a bite? well you've got one now you ••••ing weirdo, safe to say you wouldn't be so smug or self satisfied to my face though you danger to yourself.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 6th October 2020 at 22:10. Reason: Not wanting to upset anyone

Find myself posting less and less on here now. I can’t believe some of the childish posts and comments because God forbid a Wigan fan posts on here.

He explained his Millward comment so let’s just move on. Those accusing him of being a paedophile are ridiculous. All because he has good knowledge of youth players, not just at his own club but all others.

Really wish we could get back to some serious debate. Having a fan on from another team adds to the debate in my opinion. If he tries to wind you up, don’t bite.

We are talking about a lifelong rugby fan who is in his 60s (not sure of his age- just a guess) and some of the threats to him are just pathetic. Some people need to grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

True. Some embarrassing posts. And they aren’t RG’s

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Find myself posting less and less on here now. I can’t believe some of the childish posts and comments because God forbid a Wigan fan posts on here.

He explained his Millward comment so let’s just move on. Those accusing him of being a paedophile are ridiculous. All because he has good knowledge of youth players, not just at his own club but all others.

Really wish we could get back to some serious debate. Having a fan on from another team adds to the debate in my opinion. If he tries to wind you up, don’t bite.

We are talking about a lifelong rugby fan who is in his 60s (not sure of his age- just a guess) and some of the threats to him are just pathetic. Some people need to grow up.

Who's threatened him? And you're saying SAINTS fans on a SAINTS board should tolerate his constant shite but we're out of order for having a go at him? I don't think anyone has a problem with fans from other teams unless they're on the wind up, which RG most certainly is. Jesus Christ, if you want a "serious" debate then I suggest the internet probably isn't for you, or maybe try RLfans with your best mate RG and all the other cranks.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 6th October 2020 at 20:42. Reason: Can't believe that needed explaining

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Who's threatened him? And you're saying SAINTS fans on a SAINTS board should tolerate his constant shite but we're out of order for having a go at him? I don't think anyone has a problem with fans from other teams unless they're on the wind up, which RG most certainly is. Jesus Christ, if you want a "serious" debate then I suggest the internet probably isn't for you, or maybe try RLfans with your best mate RG and all the other cranks.
    Not my best mate at all. I just know lots of older posters don’t bother with this place now because of how it’s gone.

I know how the Internet works, I’m an avid Twitter user and find loads of stuff funny on there.

So you calling him a danger to young men and he wouldn’t be so smug to your face isn’t uncalled for?

He does derail a lot of threads and he does mention Wigan a lot. However he also adds to serious debates and helps people out who ask RL questions be it kick off times or something else.

You’ve even alluded to the fact you can be an idiot after ale and a grown man using “Angry Dave” as a username says it all. Maybe it’s you that needs to chill out. When you aren’t making childish comments you can come up with some good stuff.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

FFS everyone, didn't I ask you to stay on the right side of abuse? All he said was that Catalans can't be discounted because they've got loads of home games left infront of crowds. How is that winding anyone up?

I have been on here a long time, I know a wind up when I see one, and RG has done plenty of them. I ignore them, but I never consider them to be anything other than a bit of a •••• take. Reacher is right that less older posters contribute on here now, and there is a reason for that. Can we all just step back from the keyboard once in a while and think before we type. We've done the Newton stuff, it was a careless post, insensitive and offensive, but he has apologised. If any of us had said it we'd have forgotten about it and moved on, like we've moved on many times before when other stuff has been said. How many of you have apologised for comparing a stranger to a child abuser or a convicted criminal on a public forum that kids could be reading?

As I've said, RG knows what he's letting himself in for everytime he logs on here. He is fair game for all the type of anti-Wigan language that you may care to use. But there is a limit, so again, stay on the right side of the line please. I come on here to have a bit of light-hearted chat, and there are some excellent posters on here that brighten up my day, have brilliant opinions and make me think. But once again I end up having to moderate a thread, and why? Because a Wiganer reckons Catalans have a top four chance. I've had enough of it, and I'm close to packing it in and leaving you all to it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Not my best mate at all. I just know lots of older posters don’t bother with this place now because of how it’s gone.

I know how the Internet works, I’m an avid Twitter user and find loads of stuff funny on there.

So you calling him a danger to young men and he wouldn’t be so smug to your face isn’t uncalled for?

He does derail a lot of threads and he does mention Wigan a lot. However he also adds to serious debates and helps people out who ask RL questions be it kick off times or something else.

You’ve even alluded to the fact you can be an idiot after ale and a grown man using “Angry Dave” as a username says it all. Maybe it’s you that needs to chill out. When you aren’t making childish comments you can come up with some good stuff.

I didn't use Angry Dave as my user name, it was changed by admin. I can be an idiot after a load of ale but then again I haven't had a beer since Friday and only drink once a week at the moment. I know I make childish comments but try to do so with a bit of humour, however, there's 2 exceptions, that clown and that Rubber Duckie fella from Warrington, neither add anything and I don't care if RG has an encyclopedic knowledge of the game, he makes his own bed with the jibes about young players because of the way he winds people up.

You mention him derailing threads and you mention how this place has "gone", seems a bit of a contradiction to me. And if I want to know a kick off time I'll google it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    FFS everyone, didn't I ask you to stay on the right side of abuse? All he said was that Catalans can't be discounted because they've got loads of home games left infront of crowds. How is that winding anyone up?

I have been on here a long time, I know a wind up when I see one, and RG has done plenty of them. I ignore them, but I never consider them to be anything other than a bit of a •••• take. Reacher is right that less older posters contribute on here now, and there is a reason for that. Can we all just step back from the keyboard once in a while and think before we type. We've done the Newton stuff, it was a careless post, insensitive and offensive, but he has apologised. If any of us had said it we'd have forgotten about it and moved on, like we've moved on many times before when other stuff has been said. How many of you have apologised for comparing a stranger to a child abuser or a convicted criminal on a public forum that kids could be reading?

As I've said, RG knows what he's letting himself in for everytime he logs on here. He is fair game for all the type of anti-Wigan language that you may care to use. But there is a limit, so again, stay on the right side of the line please. I come on here to have a bit of light-hearted chat, and there are some excellent posters on here that brighten up my day, have brilliant opinions and make me think. But once again I end up having to moderate a thread, and why? Because a Wiganer reckons Catalans have a top four chance. I've had enough of it, and I'm close to packing it in and leaving you all to it.
    I've edited my post.

Banned

You are on a St Helens website and Ian Millward is a personal friend of mine. Your name is pretty much dirt and much wider than this website after that outburst, and yes unlike you I played the game to a decent amateur standard. People like Roy Litherland get respect for a reason. You have no respect anywhere.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    You are on a St Helens website and Ian Millward is a personal friend of mine. Your name is pretty much dirt and much wider than this website after that outburst, and yes unlike you I played the game to a decent amateur standard. People like Roy Litherland get respect for a reason. You have no respect anywhere.
    Last edited by Rogues Gallery; 7th October 2020 at 11:13. Reason: Deleted to stop the aggro

I'm not a fan of either club as most can vouch , but I could see the Goons slipping up so it was not as good as seeing the 'Wolf's ' getting done. That made my day .

As for Rogues, I've no problem with him at all, and likewise some other fans from other clubs who come on this site.

Wind up guys and girls are just that, and the mods, I'm sure, deal with them promptly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    I'm not a fan of either club as most can vouch , but I could see the Goons slipping up so it was not as good as seeing the 'Wolf's ' getting done. That made my day .

As for Rogues, I've no problem with him at all, and likewise some other fans from other clubs who come on this site.

Wind up guys and girls are just that, and the mods, I'm sure, deal with them promptly.
    Aye, same as plenty of punches. I'd drop RG like a nasty kebab the horrible old ••••. Cry about that soft lad.