Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wire fans question Price .... again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    2 pages about a team you don’t consider a rival?
    For what it’s worth I think the knee jerk reaction to the loss is ridiculous. I wouldn’t have kept him on after the end of last season, however this season the rugby has largely been better, he has coped with the loss of the whole pack on occasion and blooded some youngsters so let’s wait and see.
    The monsoon conditions that your delightful town offered up on Saturday were hardly conducive to decent rugby (so all the more respect to Leeds for their display).
    Not raining in Warrington on Saturday was it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

For what it’s worth I think the knee jerk reaction to the loss is ridiculous. I wouldn’t have kept him on after the end of last season, however this season the rugby has largely been better, he has coped with the loss of the whole pack on occasion and blooded some youngsters so let’s wait and see.
    The monsoon conditions that your delightful town offered up on Saturday were hardly conducive to decent rugby (so all the more respect to Leeds for their display).
    166 posts from someone from a a different club. We may not consider you a rival like Wigan, but we do delight in your downfall.

Banned

Of course you're rivals, no one has said otherwise, we just don't view you the way we view others and that clearly gets up your nose as you think you're more important than you are. I'm not sure what micro climate you're living in but every sporting event I watched on Saturday from North Berwick to the smoke it was ••••ing down. You keep telling yourself what a big team you are and keep paying gerbil features a sack full of cash.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 5th October 2020 at 13:02. Reason: The misery of wire continuing.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    166 posts from someone from a a different club. We may not consider you a rival like Wigan, but we do delight in your downfall.
    I enjoy the conversation.
    Ps note the join date.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Ps note the join date.
    At least you are not constantly trolling.

Banned

Ps note the join date.
    To be fair you're generally ok and have a decent sense of humour, certainly compared to Purp's and Banjo boy.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I’d be very happy with a Challenge Cup win at the moment. 2008 is a long time. Not as long as Dire and a championship but it’s far too long.
    Yes so would I but the point is that we wouldn’t be happy if that was all we won in the next 3 seasons.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes so would I but the point is that we wouldn’t be happy if that was all we won in the next 3 seasons.
    I'd be tempted.

Really want to win the CC. it's been way too long

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    We got one GF and 2 LLS with Holbrook in 3 seasons and he’s a hero. It’s not just what we’ve won, but how we’ve played and how we’ve entertained......

Wire aren’t great to watch, I remember saying that the GF of ‘18 was anti-rugby between Wire and Wigan. I vowed that I won’t go to GF’s as a neutral anymore after that, as it was a waste of £120’s worth of tickets, I’d rather watch it in the pub!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Ps note the join date.
    Theres a two page thread on your board about the cup qf match report in the St Helens Star

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'd be tempted.

Really want to win the CC. it's been way too long
    I agree with you re the Challenge Cup. Three on the trot again would be good.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Theres a two page thread on your board about the cup qf match report in the St Helens Star
    Didn’t that game involve us as well?

Banned

Yes but then again i'd never read the local wanky rag obsessed with Saints you lot

I think you've got a point Wolfie to be honest. I wasn't happy with Hicks after the CC final & I think he made a couple of bad calls that went in your favour. I also think after what had happened previously, he shouldn't have been given the gig. It was a poor call.

However, the quarter final recently, I've no issue with. The try was a bit lucky but I had no complaints about the result. I thought Wire were the better team.

I'm not sure if it's a rivalry as such, it's more of a severe dislike for each other's supporters. And I would say, Wire's recent edge over us in crucial matches.

I would rather play any other team in super league in a knockout game other than Warrington. They are a problem for us because they're a good team

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think you've got a point Wolfie to be honest. I wasn't happy with Hicks after the CC final & I think he made a couple of bad calls that went in your favour. I also think after what had happened previously, he shouldn't have been given the gig. It was a poor call.

However, the quarter final recently, I've no issue with. The try was a bit lucky but I had no complaints about the result. I thought Wire were the better team.

I'm not sure if it's a rivalry as such, it's more of a severe dislike for each other's supporters. And I would say, Wire's recent edge over us in crucial matches.

I would rather play any other team in super league in a knockout game other than Warrington. They are a problem for us because they're a good team
    I agree with that they know how to play us in a knock out game, but underneath the surface their maybe some sort of fan inferiority complex they have suffered some real massive hammerings from Saints and the fact they can't emulate anything like Saints have done in winning grand finals.

Once that disappears and they win a grand final they might appreciate how tough that achievement is, they get that monkey off their back, Wire are a top team but I think that needs to happen sooner than later as a lot of clubs including Wire will be in team transitions shortly.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Just about every Wire fan knows that until we get the GF monkey off our back opposition fans will use it as a stick to beat us with. We have been knocking at the door for a while now but nearly is not good enough. I suspect that even IF we were to win it this season it would be derided as a lesser achievement but I and just about every other Wire fan would love it, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT if we won (apologies to K Keegan).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Just about every Wire fan knows that until we get the GF monkey off our back opposition fans will use it as a stick to beat us with. We have been knocking at the door for a while now but nearly is not good enough. I suspect that even IF we were to win it this season it would be derided as a lesser achievement but I and just about every other Wire fan would love it, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT if we won (apologies to K Keegan).
    Always and asterisk season this one mate-we'll make sure it doesn't count. Of course if we win it we will have retained it.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Absolutely correct.

Starting A Programme Collection

Let’s face it. The amount of money you’ve paid on players,you could’ve bought it.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Probably.
    But whoever wins it could perhaps flip it round by claiming that it was harder to win because of the disruption!
    Whatever happens, the fine details will soon be forgotten and the history books in 5,10 15 years time (?) will just have it chalked up as a GF win.
    As with the CC final though, it will be a shame if fans can't be there to see it.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Probably.
    But whoever wins it could perhaps flip it round by claiming that it was harder to win because of the disruption!
    Whatever happens, the fine details will soon be forgotten and the history books in 5,10 15 years time (?) will just have it chalked up as a GF win.
    As with the CC final though, it will be a shame if fans can't be there to see it.
    How about 55 years time? (Asking for a friend)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie mcwolf View Post
    how about 55 years time? (asking for a friend)