Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Programmes

Noooobie

Default Programmes

Anyone interested in about 150 Saints programmes from about 1971 to 1999, no charge but would need to collect from near Chorley

I must admit I was tempted, but the wife and a match, have proved fatal for my 'Collections' ! Hope some of our RL fans can at least take them off your hands.

Ps The Leeds v Wigan CC semi final 03/10/2020 will be a favourite over the boarder

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcritch View Post
    Anyone interested in about 150 Saints programmes from about 1971 to 1999, no charge but would need to collect from near Chorley
    I've been selling mine (very slowly) on Ebay for £3 - £4 each.

Got A Season Ticket

Hi ,PM sent a few days ago ,cheers.

Banned

It was a big hobby in my school days. The best teacher I ever had Curt Johnstone was really into them. He used to take me and my mate Ted, sadly passed now to the programme events at The Grand Hotel Wigan. I still have most of mine in the loft and look at the more significant ones now and again. Perhaps the best written items are the Blackpool Borough supporters club handbooks of the late sixties.

Im the same hundreds in the loft. Could never bear to part with them although the chances of them seeing light of day anytime soon is remote. Ill leave it to someone else to ditch them when I have departed! Same with the music collection although they are very much still in use!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Me too, hundreds of them in the garage, mostly all boxed in those Saints programme storage boxes you used to be able to get.
    I've got programmes from most of the finals we've ever played in too.........not the Batley one, or the 1930 one v Widnes - last time I saw that on eBay it was over £300!

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Im the same hundreds in the loft...
    That was my problem Div.
    I guess it was triggered by me clearing out my late Mothers stuff. Wondering why she kept things, then thinking that my lads, who sadly didn't take up the RL mantle, would probably just dump my programmes in a skip!
    This way, I pass them on to someone who is interested, and get a little cash in return.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    That was my problem Div.
    I guess it was triggered by me clearing out my late Mothers stuff. Wondering why she kept things, then thinking that my lads, who sadly didn't take up the RL mantle, would probably just dump my programmes in a skip!
    This way, I pass them on to someone who is interested, and get a little cash in return.
    My mum died in April from Covid in the care home.
    I'm still sorting stuff months later. I don't think she threw anything away in her life!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm still sorting stuff months later. I don't think she threw anything away in her life!
    Sorry to hear about your Mum Paul.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Sorry to hear that mate.

Thanks. She was 94 though not a bad effort. Shame how it ended.

Banned

My Mum had the dementia but was obsessed by one thing reaching ninety. It was all she asked in the end am I ninety yet. She died last year aged 90 years and 3 weeks. Job done and yes she always gave me money to buy a programme at either Saints or Everton. Or even on occasions St Helens Town FC.

Noooobie

Have replied if you can suggest a meeting place etc would be pleased to let you have them

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

So sad Div , people just don't realise how horrible this disease is even in recovery , hope your mum Rests in Peace ..
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Thanks Roy.
    Hope your keeping safe.

Got A Season Ticket

Picked the programmes up today of Mr Oldcritch ,many thanks he is a proper gent , cheers Andy.