Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Remaining Fixtures

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Default Remaining Fixtures

Can anyone confirm the dates/order of our remaining 8 games? The various sports websites only show the next round of games.

From the fixture list that was issued at the restart I've got them like this :

9-Oct Fri Away vs Wakefield R15 at Leeds
    14-Oct Wed Home vs WAKEFIELD R16 This was the one switched with Castleford earlier, could be on the Thursday?
    17-Oct Sat Cup Final
    23-Oct Fri Home vs LEEDS R17
    26-Oct Mon Away vs Salford R18
    30-Oct Fri Home vs WIGAN R19
    5-Nov Thu Away vs Catalans R20
    9-Nov Mon Home vs HULL FC R21
    13-Nov Fri Home vs WARRINGTON R22

I think the Friday games could be on the Thursday depending on the TV schedule.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Apart from the Wakefield game they’re all subject to change for TV. I don’t think we are ever going to know anymore than 2-3 in advance at the minute.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

don't like these 3 -4 day gaps between fixtures. Injuries galore waiting to happen.

When is GF -December?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    don't like these 3 -4 day gaps between fixtures. Injuries galore waiting to happen.

When is GF -December?
    28th November.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    28th November.
    Thanks. Be snowing by then!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I reckon the next 2 games against Wakey with wins could clinch a top 4 slot, the other contenders have some "4 pt" games against each other. When we get to the congested last week in October I would hope we put out half a team out and give our key players a rest against Salford.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I reckon the next 2 games against Wakey with wins could clinch a top 4 slot, the other contenders have some "4 pt" games against each other. When we get to the congested last week in October I would hope we put out half a team out and give our key players a rest against Salford.
    Apologies if it has been mentioned on other posts, but is there actually a League Leaders Trophy this year, I know it's wrongly devalued but I'm sure the hundred grand prize money would be welcome, or is it being wasted by the Rugby League going towards the million pounds needed to host the Wembley Cup Final (figure I can't understand but quoted in press)I know Rogues says it's probably down to contractual issues but seeing as there is no scope for merchandising, programme sales, hospitality etc, I m sure any contract could be cancelled

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Apologies if it has been mentioned on other posts, but is there actually a League Leaders Trophy this year, I know it's wrongly devalued but I'm sure the hundred grand prize money would be welcome, or is it being wasted by the Rugby League going towards the million pounds needed to host the Wembley Cup Final (figure I can't understand but quoted in press)
    As I understand it the League Leaders Shield is still a goer albeit on the % criteria. We could win it by mid October by winning our next 3 games (minimum 15 games compliance) and then go Covid 19 non play on the remaining 5 fixtures ending up with a 80% success rate which would take some beating with our points difference. Only Leeds can catch us by winning 10 of their remaining 10 games in that scenario.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    As I understand it the League Leaders Shield is still a goer albeit on the % criteria. We could win it by mid October by winning our next 3 games (minimum 15 games compliance) and then go Covid 19 non play on the remaining 5 fixtures ending up with a 80% success rate which would take some beating with our points difference. Only Leeds can catch us by winning 10 of their remaining 10 games in that scenario.
    Just imagine the forums of other clubs if we did that! still a possible scenario if other clubs we are due to play have to cancel due to Covid issues when we get to play twice a week, as Leeds are more or less playing the Academy Side tonight you must fancy Catalan who may very well prove to be the dark horses for a top four slot