Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Old Saints game channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Any chance you have the premiership first round gamev Widnes from 85?

The game where Paul Round ended up playing on the wing and Big Mal made him look like Eric Grothe

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk
    No but I do have this - I presume it was the next round:

https://youtu.be/E86GOZxx-VU

Commentary from Brian from Wigan!

Got A Season Ticket

Not really an old match but any chance you could put up last night's sky coverage from the Hardacre miss to the end of post match. Too wound up to take it in last night!

Cheers

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Not really an old match but any chance you could put up last night's sky coverage from the Hardacre miss to the end of post match. Too wound up to take it in last night!

Cheers
    Someones put the whole game up on YouTube, heres the link:

https://youtu.be/efyeJUmYQh8

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Someones put the whole game up on YouTube, heres the link:

https://youtu.be/efyeJUmYQh8
    Cheers but it was the after match celebrations/ interviews I was after.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Cheers
    https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...st-helens-live

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post

As someone who had never seen that match before, I really enjoyed that one.

The atmosphere at the Saints-Wigan games at Knowsley Road in the 1985 to 1997 era really were something else. The last one that was truly spine tingling was the Cup game in 1997, despite the relatively low crowd, although the two in 2002 were also rocking in a slightly lesser way.

The camera's position on the Scaff captured the atmosphere like no other ground in the game could and the Boxing Day and midweek derbies somehow always seemed more fervent than the Easter ones, with the notable exception of 1996, which truly was special.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    As someone who had never seen that match before, I really enjoyed that one.

The atmosphere at the Saints-Wigan games at Knowsley Road in the 1985 to 1997 era really were something else. The last one that was truly spine tingling was the Cup game in 1997, despite the relatively low crowd, although the two in 2002 were also rocking in a slightly lesser way.

The camera's position on the Scaff captured the atmosphere like no other ground in the game could and the Boxing Day and midweek derbies somehow always seemed more fervent than the Easter ones, with the notable exception of 1996, which truly was special.
    Well most years we were toast by Easter whereas at Xmas we still thought a big win would give us a chance of a title charge, so I think Boxing Day games had a bit more to them in terms of hope maybe, and if we won them it meant loads to us whereas beating them on Good Friday most years was just for pride or putting a temporary halt on them winning it. The 35-10 felt like that, great day but Wigan took it and rolled on.

The midweek Lancs Cup SF was great, 1992 was it? Funnily enough the Lancs Cup Final the following year on the Sunday wasn’t as intense, and I think the way the game went made it that way. I thought about that 5-4 game a lot last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Well most years we were toast by Easter whereas at Xmas we still thought a big win would give us a chance of a title charge, so I think Boxing Day games had a bit more to them in terms of hope maybe, and if we won them it meant loads to us whereas beating them on Good Friday most years was just for pride or putting a temporary halt on them winning it. The 35-10 felt like that, great day but Wigan took it and rolled on.

The midweek Lancs Cup SF was great, 1992 was it? Funnily enough the Lancs Cup Final the following year on the Sunday wasn’t as intense, and I think the way the game went made it that way. I thought about that 5-4 game a lot last night!
    1991 Lancashire Cup Semi-Final was bedlam.

I also thought about that 5-4 game a lot, obviously thinking the score would be repeated, hoping that it would exorcise ghosts rather than bring back cruel memories. You're right too. Despite a 20,000 full house, the atmosphere was nothing like the meeting twelve months earlier.

Looking at Andy's videos, I think the only missing Saints You Tube videos now are pretty big ones.

Saints 41 Wigan 6 from 1992, as DPID's video has been deleted by Sky, and the 1996 Challenge Cup Final, where I can find the five minutes of bombs and the full game only.

Over to you, Andy. :-)
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Thanks I haven't seen that game since that day, IIRC that was midweek after the Widnes game I mentioned.

Watching Big Mal punching the air with delight after scoring was a joy to watch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Thanks I haven't seen that game since that day, IIRC that was midweek after the Widnes game I mentioned.

Watching Big Mal punching the air with delight after scoring was a joy to watch

Was played on the Tuesday after the Cup Final the Widnes game took place the week before the final

Banned

I also thought about that 5-4 game a lot, obviously thinking the score would be repeated, hoping that it would exorcise ghosts rather than bring back cruel memories. You're right too. Despite a 20,000 full house, the atmosphere was nothing like the meeting twelve months earlier.

Looking at Andy's videos, I think the only missing Saints You Tube videos now are pretty big ones.

Saints 41 Wigan 6 from 1992, as DPID's video has been deleted by Sky, and the 1996 Challenge Cup Final, where I can find the five minutes of bombs and the full game only.

Annoyingly I scratched my copy of the 1996 Final but managed to create this upload from an ESPN highlights package.

https://youtu.be/ylJ_X8CK7DQ

Banned

Oh you also missed 1993 PT final ;-) StEtrigan has uploaded that copy to my cloud today so it will be up later today now that ive got superfast broadband and not the equivalent of adsl which i had previously!!

Banned

And we are done - 1993 Premiership Trophy Final....

https://youtu.be/G0PwdYTpo4I

Oh you also missed 1993 PT final ;-) StEtrigan has uploaded that copy to my cloud today so it will be up later today now that ive got superfast broadband and not the equivalent of adsl which i had previously!!
    Great stuff. I watched the Saints-Wire title decider last night. What happened to our first four tries? :-)

Just looking through my list and I think the only missing games of note from You Tube now are:-

Saints 41 Wigan 6 - 1992

Saints 32 Wigan 16 - 2004 Challenge Cup Final. The full game is on there, just not a highlights version.

Banned

Great stuff. I watched the Saints-Wire title decider last night. What happened to our first four tries? :-)

Just looking through my list and I think the only missing games of note from You Tube now are:-

Saints 41 Wigan 6 - 1992

Saints 32 Wigan 16 - 2004 Challenge Cup Final. The full game is on there, just not a highlights version.
    I've asked Ste to get the 41-6 to my cloud so I'll have a go tomorrow if its there.
    I've got us beating Wigan at home in the CC in 2001 to do and the 32-16 in the aforementioned final as well.

Excellent.

Just to be awkward, I'll throw another couple into the mix.

2002 - Saints 42 Leeds 16 - Challenge Cup Semi
    2005 - Bradford 4 Saints 66. There is one of this knocking about, but it has no match sound and is set to music, which was just a crazy idea. :-)

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Excellent.

Just to be awkward, I'll throw another couple into the mix.

2002 - Saints 42 Leeds 16 - Challenge Cup Semi
    2005 - Bradford 4 Saints 66. There is one of this knocking about, but it has no match sound and is set to music, which was just a crazy idea. :-)
    Just out of interest, what was the music?
    It sounds bonkers, but strangely unique at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Just out of interest, what was the music?
    It sounds bonkers, but strangely unique at the same time!
    Decent tunes, but it spoils the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNW...23iXF&index=67

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

That's not as bad as you make out mate...And they all look sooo young!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Was that Russell Smith refereeing? Was he recovering from nits?

Banned

An early Christmas present for DD this one, courtesy of old footage from the vault of St. Etrigan which as ever I've cut, spruced up, mashed up and edited.... oh and uploaded:

https://youtu.be/Ln0EVFS31cs

An early Christmas present for DD this one, courtesy of old footage from the vault of St. Etrigan which as ever I've cut, spruced up, mashed up and edited.... oh and uploaded:

https://youtu.be/Ln0EVFS31cs
    It's been blocked. :-) Was it the Sky version?

Banned

It's been blocked. :-) Was it the Sky version?
    Yes it was says blocked by Sky who own the copyright